Tact please

Matthew The Great

Out of some semblance of respect for Col B and BK/NPO in particular can we save the poaching until a little later? They've done well in a war they full well could have (and quite probably would have) won, the immediate and sudden disbanding is a horrible turn of events and not the way I would have liked to win the war. In fact, I would have preferred the defeat than to see BK meet their fate like this. 

~A personal message from Matt the Great, not representative of any of my affiliations.

• Upvote 2

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

3 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

To be fair, since Leo is telling people to delete their nations, people advertising friendly homes is probably the best way to retain players in the game.  

I understand the perspective, however the messages should probably wait a bit until after the disbandment is final, the way it is now I feel more people will be offended by the poaching and leave anyhow.

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

We don't want people to delete their nations in the heat of the moment, opening up immediate alternative paths is, imo, a good thing. Sorry if it looks like poaching, but this has been a super destabilizing past 24 hours, and we need to keep the game together if we want to keep playing.

• Upvote 1

Love you

These are good, dedicated players. I don't want them to be homeless raid targets or to feel hopeless and delete their nations. 

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

8 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

To be fair, since Leo is telling people to delete their nations, people advertising friendly homes is probably the best way to retain players in the game.  

imagine wanting to play a game or join an alliance with the people who take pleasure in seeing communities be destroyed.
You have to realize the optics our members have on you guys is pretty terrible, a cursory glance at how you've all responded to this really shows what you're like.

I say this in respect to GoG of course, no idea how BK/NPO members feel.

Guest Curufinwe
59 minutes ago, Cinomoo said:

imagine wanting to play a game or join an alliance with the people who take pleasure in seeing communities be destroyed.
You have to realize the optics our members have on you guys is pretty terrible, a cursory glance at how you've all responded to this really shows what you're like.

Yeah it's pretty much the same.  Crowing about our friends getting moderated to death and then turning around a trying to poach isn't the best look

Those who cheat and those who encourage their members to quit deserve no respect imo, their actions are childish and petty, those who honorably disband like GotG should be given upmost respect however and poaching of them is a bit too soon. The poaching of BK and NPO will not stop however, from me at least.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cinomoo said:

Shit, you mean like NPO seeks to destroy communities?

I get that the loss in the war, this sudden, is bitter.  The victory on the other side I'll tell you isn't a whole lot better.  But what are you going to do, when NPO had a well-known cheating ring going on for months, and finally something was done about it, and the side that lost that cheating ring, the leaders instruct their members to mass delete.  I predict that won't have as much of an effect as they hope, people who invested time and even real money aren't going to leave, none more than a small handful, and if the leaders encouraging it don't delete themselves, then they deserve to be mocked for an eternity over it.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

13 hours ago, Cinomoo said:

Is this how you also felt when your leadership blatantly stated they wanted to destroy us, and that there were other games for us to play? 

Hey, I understand hypocrisy. We are guilty of it. So don't act like IQ is prince charming, and that the rest of the game is just a bunch of heathens.