From The Heart: A Message to All Affected

Changeup

In the end, this is a game. We had our wars, but they were fun times. I for one can say I have no bad feelings towards the members of the alliances I fought, and should any of you want to join our Discord server—even as a visitor—we can enjoy some pretty fun conversations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

Completely echo your sentiments, @Changeup. I am only low government in Coalition A, but I would like to appeal to our leadership to be more reasonable and mature than what we experienced in Coalition B. 

Several alliances and players on the other side have been around for a long time now and it would be a shame for them to leave the game over this.

Long live Orbis!

8 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Well you won't have to tolerate if we leave.

So you win I guess?

No one wins. Your allies (gov) and you (if you were complicit/in the know) have made it so with your actions over the past 6 months. You attempted to push communities out of the game with illegally acquired funding and allowed for an ingame grudge to culminate in some extremely ugly and toxic bullshit. That's on you, not us. You now made the call to disband and delete in solidarity with proven cheaters. Shove your victim card, because the entire game is worse off at the end of the day.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

Yeah I don't understand why they are pushing their players to delete, they are not even part of the alliance punished for cheating, they can accept white peace + NAP, rebuild and continue to play, none of them is at risk of ban, permawar, etc.

We should mass message the players to explain how the reality is because if they only saw propaganda like that screenshot of Leo in the other thread they may be not aware of the real situation

• Like 1

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Prefonteen said:

No one wins. Your allies (gov) and you (if you were complicit/in the know) have made it so with your actions over the past 6 months. You attempted to push communities out of the game with illegally acquired funding and allowed for an ingame grudge to culminate in some extremely ugly and toxic bullshit. That's on you, not us. You now made the call to disband and delete in solidarity with proven cheaters. Shove your victim card, because the entire game is worse off at the end of the day.

Can't say I'll miss you, Partisan.  Best of luck with whatever it is you do with the rest of your life.

59 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Yeah I don't understand why they are pushing their players to delete, they are not even part of the alliance punished for cheating, they can accept white peace + NAP, rebuild and continue to play, none of them is at risk of ban, permawar, etc.

We should mass message the players to explain how the reality is because if they only saw propaganda like that screenshot of Leo in the other thread they may be not aware of the real situation

People are aware of the circumstances, as well as Alex flip flopping and retroactively punishing NPO for a previously approved practice.  Most people in our community play(ed) for the team rather than because they love PW itself, so if you could refrain from harassing us while we get our affairs in order that would be nice.  Those who opt to stay will stay, but I suspect the majority will not.  

In any case, we'll doubtless find another game to ruin soon enough ?

It does not matter to me if they disband or not. They were old news anyways, tired theme's, beaten memes, overused slogans and CN clones. Such a bore... I hope new blood takes their place. However I do not condone mass deleting. It's akin to mass suicide in a cult like fashion. I will take the task of mass messaging alot of them.

Good riddance.

Edited by Deulos

BK isn’t an invasion alliance, like GOONS, Mensa or NPO. You’re an alliance that primarily recruited from PnW. Your members don’t care about the team, they’ll stick around and continue playing the game because that’s what they were doing since joining BK, and long before that for other members.

You'll be in for a surprise when only ~15 people delete and the rest scatter to the alliances still here.

11 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Can't say I'll miss you, Partisan.  Best of luck with whatever it is you do with the rest of your life.

People are aware of the circumstances, as well as Alex flip flopping and retroactively punishing NPO for a previously approved practice.  Most people in our community play(ed) for the team rather than because they love PW itself, so if you could refrain from harassing us while we get our affairs in order that would be nice.  Those who opt to stay will stay, but I suspect the majority will not.  

In any case, we'll doubtless find another game to ruin soon enough ?

Stop trying to kill communities, just this

If you or Leo or anyone else want to leave say goodbye and give the alliance to someone else, I can't stop you from doing that

But encouraging players to delete by providing false information and making them believe that there is some plot against them is something you should avoid

• Upvote 3

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Micchan said:

Stop trying to kill communities, just this

If you or Leo or anyone else want to leave say goodbye and give the alliance to someone else, I can't stop you from doing that

But encouraging players to delete by providing false information and making them believe that there is some plot against them is something you should avoid

As I've said in other posts, we can't force anyone to do anything.  However, if the admin can't be trusted to moderate his game in a balanced fashion we're certainly not going to advise people to continue making him money.  One flows from the other.  

Anyways, I won't be formally deleting my nation until BK's in-game affairs are in order (although it's already started with a few in BK and GoG, I'm told) but have a pleasant life :)

Edit: also, the BK community isn't going anywhere.  We're just leaving PW.  There's a big difference.

Edited by Curufinwe

1 minute ago, Curufinwe said:

As I've said in other posts, we can't force anyone to do anything.  However, if the admin can't be trusted to moderate his game in a balanced fashion we're certainly not going to advise people to continue making him money.  One flows from the other.  

Anyways, I won't be formally deleting my nation until BK's in-game affairs are in order (although it's already started with a few in BK and GoG, I'm told) but have a pleasant life :)

Edit: also, the BK community isn't going anywhere.  We're just leaving PW.  There's a big difference.

If there are players who want to stay leave the alliance to them instead of deleting everything, just this

We may see BK raise again (even if you lose half of the players you still are a top 10 alliances)

The BK I know would merge the entire coalition into them

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Micchan said:

If there are players who want to stay leave the alliance to them instead of deleting everything, just this

We may see BK raise again (even if you lose half of the players you still are a top 10 alliances)

The BK I know would merge the entire coalition into them

I mean the fact we could lose half our members in-game and still be a top 10 AA says more about PW than anything else.  But no, given the circumstances surrounding Alex's moderation we can't in good conscience encourage people to stay, so BK will be departing as an organization in PW.

29 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Heck, I messaged Alex and committed myself to purchasing 10 credits tonight.    He got this one right, just took way too long to get it done.  

For the record, we already had 69% of GPWC on gray just from working the bottom up on the slave nations using new nations we were bringing into our alliance.   It took a long time, but so did the unnecessary length of the war.    Unconditional surrender on the first of the month only indeed.   Fitting end.   

Guest Curufinwe
59 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Heck, I messaged Alex and committed myself to purchasing 10 credits tonight.    He got this one right, just took way too long to get it done.  

For the record, we already had 69% of GPWC on gray just from working the bottom up on the slave nations using new nations we were bringing into our alliance.   It took a long time, but so did the unnecessary length of the war.    Unconditional surrender on the first of the month only indeed.   Fitting end.   

Lol.  Duly noted, whoever you are.

34 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

I mean the fact we could lose half our members in-game and still be a top 10 AA says more about PW than anything else.  But no, given the circumstances surrounding Alex's moderation we can't in good conscience encourage people to stay, so BK will be departing as an organization in PW.

Heh,  BK "pure" community who wants to QUIT!  Alliance which took Zodiac and Cornerstone members to stay alive. Just leave the game without carping. Let sb with more common sense lead BK. I am even more pissed off seeing my old friends from Zodiac being victims of such childish behaviour.

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Maia said:

Heh,  BK "pure" community who wants to QUIT!  Alliance which took Zodiac and Cornerstone members to stay alive. Just leave the game without carping. Let sb with more common sense lead BK. I am even more pissed off seeing my old friends from Zodiac being victims of such childish behaviour.

Um, we're not the ones that leaked our internal announcement on the OWF but okay.  You think I want to be on here talking to you ?

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

Relevancy jokes. Jog on and join the other 15 members wishing to take your community elsewhere already.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Cypher.

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, HeroofTime55 said:

26cb2f88185681fc76b0e76f17febea19b90ba19r1-400-400v2_uhq.jpg.bdd937ea0ddba8a0cca9400bbb5d373c.jpg

If it was up to me, EM wouldn't have posted our internal stuff and I wouldn't have to read and respond to the associated threads.  There's plenty of people who have interacted with me over the years who can confirm that I don't like dealing with OWF crap at all ?

Nice meme though.

Edited by Curufinwe

Just shut up and get on with it.  Why do you need to respond, if you aren't going to be here in 48 hours?  Your argument is that you need to do some housekeeping before you leave, why don't you just get on that and then leave?  You're wasting time posting here.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

Guest Curufinwe

Just shut up and get on with it.  Why do you need to respond, if you aren't going to be here in 48 hours?  Your argument is that you need to do some housekeeping before you leave, why don't you just get on that and then leave?  You're wasting time posting here.

We're all wasting time posting here.  The difference is my ancestors are smiling down at me, Imperial.  Can you say the same?

Still whining for attention instead of deleting, I see.  Boring and predictable.  Honestly, I think it's clear you were in-the-know on the scheme and failed to report it, and I think Alex should help show you the door, but I guess we're going to be stuck with you whining for attention and hoping people care.  Nobody does, just eager to see you shut up and leave.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

Guest Curufinwe

Still whining for attention instead of deleting, I see.  Boring and predictable.  Honestly, I think it's clear you were in-the-know on the scheme and failed to report it, and I think Alex should help show you the door, but I guess we're going to be stuck with you whining for attention and hoping people care.  Nobody does, just eager to see you shut up and leave.

You're an angry little guy, aren't you? I like it.  Keep being yourself, no matter what they say.