[DoE] Green Protection Agency

Astryl

6 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Section I - Non-aggression

a. No GPA nation will take part in any non-defensive military or spying action against any other nation.

b. No nation of a non-GPA signatory will take part in any non-defensive military or spying action against any GPA nation.

Really lol.jpg

7 wars all attacking lol

Hello there! I'm glad I could help you clear this up real quick. See, this all just kinda happened about now. In the last couple of hours. We kindly ask for your patience in this affair, as we wait for some of our members to log back in and peace out of their wars, as per this DoE. Much as we'd like to enact instant peace, it's difficult to do if some of our members are not currently logged in.

7 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

a. No GPA nation will take part in any non-defensive military or spying action against any other nation.

b. No nation of a non-GPA signatory will take part in any non-defensive military or spying action against any GPA nation.

Really lol.jpg

7 wars all attacking lol

This will be dealt with internally, thanks for the heads up.

Queen of Chaos

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
5 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

Also as of today all of GOONS previous treaties are considered null and void as GPA does not believe in a shared history.

As part of the reform will we see changes in nation bios, the embargo of baseball players and other such goons related activities 

1 minute ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

As part of the reform will we see changes in nation bios, the embargo of baseball players and other such goons related activities 

Nation bios are up to individual members, embargos should be  lifted as long as players will pay baseball tips. We will reach out to non-compliant members before mass-embargoing. 

Queen of Chaos

I used to be a part of GPA a long time ago, fighting Storm Division and Roz Wei dudes 

That was an amazing time I had on here.

I guess I wish you luck on your rebrand lol

5 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

I used to be a part of GPA a long time ago, fighting Storm Division and Roz Wei dudes 

That was an amazing time I had on here.

I guess I wish you luck on your rebrand lol

Thank you friend, I guess it just took such extreme circumstances to allow us to see the error of our ways, the GOONS government had no accountability to the membership which needed to be rectified as we felt they were leading the alliance down a dark path. We enjoy being here on Orbis, we want to be here for a good time and a long time!

1 hour ago, Sargun said:

infinite war with NPO

gpa is back

GOONS are ruining the forums

all we need now are schatt threads. or to rename TKR to FAN

We could all do with a three page schatt rant about morality or something right about now tbh

image.png?ex=65f5a9fe&is=65e334fe&hm=3d5e04bbe1bbfceacf534117d25e3ac75889395b8b9803ac451f1c7838eee684&

Ascended of Event Horizon

John the Revelator 

Declaration of Neutrality of the Green Protection Agency

The Principles and Values of the Green Protection Agency (GPA) require that all GPA nations are legally bound to pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other nations and Alliances and maintain strict military and political neutrality and non-intervention.

The Signatories of this Declaration recognize these Principles and Values and agree to the following conventions:

Section II - Non-intervention
a. No GPA nation will intervene, either politically or militarily, in any conflict that does not directly involve the GPA or a GPA nation.
b. No GPA nation will knowingly provide financial, military, or technology aid to a non-GPA nation involved in a war, or a nation whose Alliance is involved in a declared war. If a GPA nation is party to a Technology or Donation deal, the aid payment will be postponed, in accordance with GPA rules, until the war ends, at which time the deal will be concluded.
c. Nations of a non-GPA signatory will not knowingly provide financial, military, or technology aid to a nation involved in a war against a GPA nation or a nation whose Alliance is involved in a declared war against the GPA.

Section III - Free Resource Trade
a. All signatories are free to establish resource trades with any nation of any alliance and on any Team.
b. No GPA nation may use trade sanctions against any nation unless it is in response to a direct hostile action.
c. No nation of a non-GPA signatory may use trade sanctions against any GPA nation unless it is in response to a direct hostile action.

Section IV - Violations
a. Nations of any signatory found in violation of any of these convention shall be subject to punishment in the form of reparations. The amount of the reparations shall be commensurate with the harm caused.
b. If the offending nation cannot or will not pay the reparations, then the nation’s Alliance will be responsible for the payment.
c. Any GPA nation found in violation of these conventions will be subject to additional punishment as provided for in GPA Laws.

Kinda looks like yalls announcement?

This is the original Doc straight from the GPA forums ratified in 2009. 

9 minutes ago, Kongo Jack said:

jerdge would be proud. Maybe. You know he didn't really care much for anyone.

He has a few friends I for one talk to him regularly

Edited by Jeric
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, I'm Don Juan, a GPA councillor

And I don't believe this is quite an up to date DoN for Orbis.

Anyway, please feel free to contact me about it.

On Behalf of the Agency Council,

Don Juan

Here is the last version:

Green Protection Agency Declaration of Neutrality

The member nations of the Green Protection Agency (henceforth GPA) will, in sincerity and good faith, pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other alliances, maintaining a stance of political neutrality.

We hereby declare that the GPA is legally bound to its political neutrality, and must exhort and advise its own member nations to avoid any and all acts or proceedings which may in any manner breach this Declaration of Neutrality, and thereby violate the neutrality of the GPA itself.

Any member nation of the GPA caught committing, aiding, or abetting hostilities against any sovereign nation, nations, alliance or alliances (or otherwise caught breaking the terms of this Declaration of Neutrality) renders itself liable for punishment; this punishment will be delivered without delay, restraint, or reserve by the officers of the GPA.

Article 1: Definitions:
Belligerent - Any nation or alliance that undertakes hostile action against a member of the GPA.
Hostile action - An actual, attempted, or threatened attack, invasion, or endeavor to inflict harm upon another nation or its property.
Roguery – Attacking without provocation.
Ghosting – Deceptively and fraudulently flying a sovereign Alliance Affiliation.

Article 2: Prevention of Aggression:
The citizens, territories, and properties of the GPA member nations are inviolable.

Article 3: Neutrality:
GPA member nations shall remain neutral in any conflict, except in the following incidences:

1. where a Belligerent has taken hostile action against a GPA member nation or the alliance's interests;
  2. in the defense against any actual or perceived attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality;
  3. in instances of Roguery within the green sphere.

Article 4: GPA Defense:

1. The GPA reserves the right to defend itself against any Belligerent, and any such defensive action shall not be regarded as a hostile act.
  2. The GPA reserves the right to defend against any attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality. The GPA sees any attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality as an attack upon itself. These aspects of the global community are our way of life, and we therefore reserve the right to see any attack on these spheres of interest as an attack on the GPA itself and respond as is deemed necessary.
  3. The GPA reserves the right to aid in the determent of Roguery within the Green sphere.

Article 5: Non-Aggression Pact:
Aside from the instances where Article 3 applies, GPA member nations are forbidden to initiate (or cause another nation to initiate) hostile action against other nations.

Article 6: Freedom of Trade:
GPA member nations are not called upon to forbid or restrict the import or export of any resource. All members have the right to determine their own trading patterns in accordance with internal rules and regulations.

Article 7: Violators:

1. Any nation, within or outside of the GPA, found in violation of this contract shall be subject to punishment in the form of restitution to the nation or nations harmed by said violation. The amount of the restitution shall be commensurate with the degree of harm caused.
  2. If the offending nation cannot or will not reimburse the victim(s), then the burden of providing restitution shall fall to the alliance to which the offending nation belongs. If said alliance cannot or will not provide the appropriate restitution, the reparations will be collected by force from the belligerent.

Article 8: Enactment:
Every measure of restriction or prohibition taken in regard to the matters referred to in the preceding articles must be impartially applied to all applicable nations.

Also missing our:

Green Protection Agency Declaration of Sovereignty

Preamble:
The Green Protection Agency (GPA) hereby affirms the full sovereignty of the GPA. The GPA proclaims its sovereignty in the name of free development and the prosperity of its members, ensuring the rights and freedoms granted to members by the GPA Charter and laws.

Article 1: Sovereignty:
The inalienable rights of the GPA as a sovereign alliance shall be realized, including its rights to self-defense, self-determination, and the supremacy of its members in directing the GPA's course.

Article 2: Membership:
Membership in the GPA shall be an integral part of its sovereignty. The GPA shall protect the rights and interests of its member nations. Conferring and terminating GPA membership shall be the sole right of the GPA, in accordance with its own laws and standards. Claiming membership in the GPA shall be the sole right of those nations to whom the GPA has granted membership. Claims of membership shall cease immediately upon termination of membership by the GPA.

Article 3: GPA Identity:
The GPA flag, name, seals, intellectual property and emblems (hereafter collectively referred to as 'identity items') shall remain the exclusive property of the GPA. GPA identity items shall only be used with the expressed consent of the GPA, as authorized by the GPA Charter, DoN, laws and government.

Article 4: Inviolability:
The citizens, territories, and properties of the GPA are inviolable. Territories and properties of the GPA or its member states include, but are not limited to: GPA identity items, GPA moderated forums and websites, GPA internal documents, and GPA-approved aid packages.

Article 5: Voluntary Unions:
The GPA shall independently exercise the right to enter into, or withdraw from, voluntary unions, pacts, and treaties with other alliances.

Article 6: Violations:
Any person, nation, or alliance that contravenes, undermines or attempts to contravene or undermine the terms of this declaration, is in violation the GPA's sovereignty. Persons or nations who spy on the GPA (in game or through OOC means), or share protected information without permission, have violated the GPA's sovereignty. Such perpetrators have committed a 'hostile action' against the GPA. Hostile action is defined as an actual, attempted, or threatened attack, invasion, or endeavor to inflict harm upon the GPA or its citizens, territories, or properties.

Article 7: Retaliation
Subject to the GPA’s Charter, DoN and governmental discretion, the GPA reserves the right to retaliate against any perpetrator who violates the GPA's sovereignty by any and all means necessary. Punishments may include, but are not necessarily limited to: restitution and/or military action.

Edited by Don Juan
  • Upvote 1