2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

On 2/5/2020 at 9:59 PM, George said:

Alex i want to thank you, the report is detailed and outlines your thinking. I applaud the transparency 

Would that be like how you transparently stole billions in game currency from people who you called 'friend' online?  You know the ones from which you still insist on displaying the medals they gave you?

You I won't miss either.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Would that be like how you transparently stole billions in game currency from people who you called 'friend' online?  You know the ones from which you still insist on displaying the medals they gave you?

You I won't miss either.

The difference is:

His (George) action was a part of the game. It’s the same as getting upset with someone who “stole supplies” in a video game. It’s not real and it’s an in-game mechanic that people can use.

From what I understand, this situation is something that goes beyond the game. Something that Alex has to take action on. In regards to the consequence he came up with, I am a bit bummed to see Roq/Frawley/etc banned as I believe they are a huge part of the community. Granted I have not read the report, but I have a hard time believing that they would do something against the rules/laws intentionally.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Upvote 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

You I won't miss either.

From the logs I've read in previous leaks, something tells me, when it comes to Co A's feelings about you, the feeling is mutual. 

36 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Brookshire v. Aldridge? 

I'm no lawyer, so I don't know what that references but, I'm referring to my understanding is that the "reasonable doubt" order they give to juries is for criminal trials only. I don't think it applies to the owner of a game interpreting and applying the rules he created.

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

You've got wine and a camp follower..thank you, thank you, recruiters

On 2/6/2020 at 11:04 AM, Duke Arthur said:

The move made by Alex is clearly influenced by coal A members and thus political, combine that with the plane price, the gorgel debacle and the moderation around slot filling and draw the conclusion:

Coal A has Alex s ear, and benifits from his doings. Coal B was fighting the war very well, even Coal A has to admit that, but we cant win from the game God. Thats a game over.

Plane price increase was an NPO suggestion. NPO was not Col A.

• Like 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Translation of policy decision:

Any external transactions that do not directly benefit my wallet.. are illegal.

Please note, I pass no moral judgement on this position, only observe it.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

4 hours ago, brucemna said:

So everyone has not downloaded movies or music of certain sites or acquired however they are without permission from the right holders to such things or no one else has shared back and for pics or memes of any kind without the original publishers permission or tagged a news line of some kind..blah blah blah blah ...  

Gosh, I do love a good straw man.

Here, let me try.

"Well if everybody's committing genocide it must be alright!"

Your turn.

• Haha 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 2/5/2020 at 9:34 PM, Alex said:

Guinea Pig Whaling Corp is being forcibly and permanently disbanded. 511 inactive “farm” nations will be deleted. Member nations that were part of GPWC but were actual participants in gameplay will be permitted to remain. In 3-5 days after the posting of this announcement the alliance GPWC will be removed and any remaining members kicked to “None.”

so 3-5 days so 2.55b to 4.25b  I know a few left and tons joined NPO, but with the amount they was farming I hope you take action sooner rather than later, if they wish to stay they can still join NPO from none.

41 minutes ago, Sval said:

Gosh, I do love a good straw man.

Here, let me try.

"Well if everybody's committing genocide it must be alright!"

Your turn.

It's okay I pass .. got better things to do 

42 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

so 3-5 days so 2.55b to 4.25b  I know a few left and tons joined NPO, but with the amount they was farming I hope you take action sooner rather than later, if they wish to stay they can still join NPO from none.

Spoken like a true admin lapdog 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
12 minutes ago, brucemna said:

Spoken like a true admin lapdog 

IF you mean, Supporting banning cheating nations and alliances then yes I am.

7 hours ago, brucemna said:

Omg forgive if real people are playing they game lol .. funny bout that too ... normally I am very inactive .. most of the time missing my log ins and so forth .. hell half the time ROQ has had to message me to sign in just to spend the money for my growth .. and yes what am I saying .. I myself am more a farm than anything .... sure I been a little a tive lately as work and life has been slow or was but basically I am a friggin farm by the way they are using it against us .. 

What part of them doing illegal things while breaching the Terms of Service that everyone here agreed to follow when they signed up for this game are you failing to understand? Is this your game or Alex's game? Do you make the rules, or does he? I realize you Pacificans drink the kool-aid by the barrel full, but y'alls bellyaching is just embarrassing at this point.

2 minutes ago, Bundle of Sticks said:

What part of them doing illegal things while breaching the Terms of Service that everyone here agreed to follow when they signed up for this game are you failing to understand? Is this your game or Alex's game? Do you make the rules, or does he? I realize you Pacificans drink the kool-aid by the barrel full, but y'alls bellyaching is just embarrassing at this point.

Hopefully it is the players game. I would think anyone the creates games thinks and let's the players play the game. Yes Alex owns the game but should never get involved with the game as long as he is the man making the desicions. Yes in his own words he does participate and regardless what side he may play or even if he plays both sides it is still a conflict of interest. Take this as u will as I  sure u will twist it some way. 

2 minutes ago, brucemna said:

Hopefully it is the players game. I would think anyone the creates games thinks and let's the players play the game. Yes Alex owns the game but should never get involved with the game as long as he is the man making the desicions. Yes in his own words he does participate and regardless what side he may play or even if he plays both sides it is still a conflict of interest. Take this as u will as I  sure u will twist it some way. 

The game is his intellectual property, you play at his pleasure and by the rules he has created. If it was the players game, you all would have ruined it a long time ago because you would only do things that benefited your particular community. You are just as easily capable of not playing his game if you don't like his rules or decisions. Y'all cheated, got caught with your hands in the cookie jar, and are refusing to accept responsibility for it. Digging your heels into the dirt is just going to make this worse for you in the long run.

The sad part is I am sure in your alliances vain attempt to cover up and get rid of the evidence, you are all probably forgetting that if Discord decides to investigate these claims, even with the channels and pictures gone from view of the public, they will still have records of it in their back log. Once things are posted online, they tend to remain there even when you think they are gone.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2020 at 10:13 PM, Alex said:

What's right is right, regardless of if it costs me money.

This was not a decision I made lightly, nor a decision I particularly wanted to make. However, it is necessary to maintain any sense of fairness and integrity that the rules be enforced.

..a very sheepish response.........

We didn't cheat. Alex elected to change the interpretation of the rules because he didn't realize the scale by which non-monetary transactions may propagate. He could have more clearly defined the rules, been more precise on flat out banning all transactions that didn't go to his wallet, but he didn't. I've seen all the evidence. I consider myself to be relatively unbiased because though I belong to NPO, I also care for a fair battlefield, and I can tell you right now.

Alex is at Fault.
So is the NPO.

Problem is only one side bears any form of punishment. This is my view on the matter and all I will say any further on it. This was handled poorly all around. Rarely is the truth black and white. When egos prevail, no one wins.

How a professional would have handled this:

1. Updated and clarified the rules in a manner that could not be mistaken or otherwise interpreted.
2. Acknowledgement of fault by both parties. A mature conversation about how to re-balance the game in light of the correction.
3. No bans, but definitely modifications to assets to reflect consensus.
4. Elimination of non-active actors over time by their own inactivity. New standards of activity.
5. Proceed on revised rules.

I say this in light that I have assisted with developing and moderating a game of a similar design. I have seen these same occurrences as a completely third party in other gaming worlds. Those worlds died for the same reasons that I am seeing starting to come to light here and which Alex, CAN.. avoid. But that world died due to the administrator of it failing to care for it or sustaining it any longer. Issues like this one, which required difficult choices, were allowed to go unresolved or with improper solutions. P&W was/is a little fun.. so I hope for those who enjoy it he can come up with a fix that's more suitable.

One thing I must say, is you have to give credit to those whom the rest of you who opposed in the NPO perceived as being cheaters. I had no direct involvement in the mechanisms by which the game interaction for art assets come to light, but there was a lot of work by those individuals to fabricate/translate that art, create that server, organize it in such a manner that the Order and its friends may thrive here. You could say that group was playing the game on a whole-other-level. And it believed itself okay to do so. Believed it benefited the game by drawing in new people as well.

If the damage is deemed to enormous by all involved there's always Order 66.

66. Reset it all and start from scratch, renew the madness with a new round under the newly clarified rules.

Problem with order 66, people have invested in assets in this game that would be lost, so likely not an option, which makes for a much stickier situation.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

V̢ͭ̔ͣͯͫ͐ͥ̄͗ͬ̄ͭ͏̹͖̺̲͕̦͉̣̙́i̡͕͙̺̗̻̹̘͇̋̽̆ͮ̈́́ͭ͢͢͞n̢̛̫̘͎̝̪̪͔̙̗̘͚͇͚̣̦ͫ̊ͩ͊͌͘͜͝i̡̱̭͉͔̘̖̠̲̺̍͐ͯ̌̈̾̾́̔͑̋ͬͯ̑̚͠ ̸̷̨̜̦͓͖͖̹̫̹̖̮͙̻̻̹̺̞͍̙ͥ̏̃ͨ̓͑̏͊̀ͯ̉ͯ̒͒͗̄̚V̢̢̡̙̻̳̘͖̖̟͚̣̬̏͐ͮ͒̎̈̽̽̾̂̔̅ͩͪͦ̑̿̏̍ͅͅi̶͍̮͈͇̰̫̯͉̜͒́̉̊̓̚͘̕ḑ̸͈̟̫̹̟͓̹̠͇̗͖̤̥̰̲̬ͮ̉ͫi̴͔̪͍͇͌̋̆̃͆̈̔ͧ͆̎̋ͥͫͫ́͢͠ ͕̞̠̯͍̫͚̪̺͓̣̦̖ͧ̓ͬ̎̀͝ͅV̴̨̤̙͔̥͍̟̦̥̺̟̯͔̤̫ͬͮ͑͌i̞͎̹͇̻͎̘̳̮̤͙̯̩ͪ̂͌̐ͪ͐̓̃ͧ̈̓͛̎̄̈͞͡ͅd̸̵̬̫͔͙̀̓͐̈́͜͡e͍̝̗̱̝͈̣̤̜̳͑̓͂̈ͯͤ̕͡v̸̖̰̟͈̠̰̣̮̦ͭ̆̑ͮͮ̾͊ͤ̒̊̊ͯ̈́ͬ͌ͭ̚͜ȏ̧͊̿͑ͯ̚͏̲̣̩̼͙ṙ̴̴̠̗̼̥͈̣̌͋̃̔̎̿ͨͥ͗̈̋̋̆̐̀ͩͦ̕͘͜ͅá̵̦͎̣͇̦̙͙͖̟̣̲̳̘̣̣̳̝͊̈́̐̇̑̔̈̉͒̆ͬv̵̨̭̝̯̫̞̜̭̭̘ͦͧͭ͋̂ͣͨͮ̑ͪͤ͌ͣ̒̽̾̾͢͠͡î̛̞̟̤͍̰̂ͪ͛̒̍̅͒̉̅ͥͯ̌̽̈́̾̈͛̏͡ț̷̲̟͎̰̟͇͖͖̻̼̰̞͎̯͚͚ͩͧͨ̆͗̕͢.̵̢̦̭̳̗͖͙̼̜̩̖̹̤͓͔̈́ͫ̂͊ͩͮͤ̕͢͡ͅ ̴̡̰̙̙͕̩͈̩̻͕̰̠͑̅̔ͩ͛ͩ͆̂̀̋ͬ͂̑̔I̶̢͇̖͖̥̠̳̘͚̓͋ͮͮ̊̽ͯ̈̽̒̓ͮ͂ͨ́͠f̶̴̥̗̙̳̫̜̥̗̞̳̍̅̎̍̒̒ͮ̇̈̊̿̚̕ ̸̢͕͇̜̙̩̭̮̱̈̓͆ͨ̄ͥͮ̽ͧ́́͘ͅy̡̱͚̺͈̳̤̺̞͎̻̮̣̤̘͖̥̗̬͒̊̉̅̆ͧ́͛̌̑ͣ̿̾͋̊̀͜͟͡o͚̳̯͙̬̦͉͚͙̦ͣͥ̿̏̌ͩ͗͌̎̆ͫ̌̿ͫͩͥ̕͝ͅu̷̲̘̖̯͈ͪ̔̇ͥͧ̈́̓ͬ̓͑ͨ̋̓̃̅͜͜ͅ ̸̢̖͇̜͖̺̙̲͙̻̫̝̣̗̈ͦ́͞a̶̢̢̰̻̰͍͎͙̺̪̪ͯͯ̄̋ͮ̒͛̅ͬ͆͐ͧ̃ͬͤ͛ͯ͟r̷̟̦͈͈̥̤̖̤͔͎̤͉̜̼͇͇ͭ͂ͩ̔ͥ̀͋ͨ̈́̊͐̈̆͒̓̃̎́̕͘͝e̶̱͓̜͙ͩ͒ͪ̂͛̋͆̈̂̌̌̒̂̐ͪ͗̓͐͠͞ ̴ͦ̉̏̓ͨͬ̐̓͛ͦ̽ͮ̎̎̓͟͏̶͏͖̩͙͕̗̘͉̯̫̹̱̺̻̞͇á̴̧̮̹̜͓͕͒̽̈ͤͪͮ͋̊̑̔ͤ͂̉͑͛̚͜t̛ͪͮ̈́̋̉͏̮̫͓͙̲͔̼ ̴̵͎̫̝̼͈̰͇̑͋ͤͩͮ͘w̵̡̥̫͉̯̯̭̪͈̜͎̤͇̙͎͖̳̝͛̄̔ͯ͐̓̅ͩ͑̃ͤͥ̕͢a̵̡̡ͦͫ͊ͣ̍̓͐͒̈̒ͧ͌̉͛͏͖͕̜͉͉r̵̛̘̞͙͕̉̄̔́̉̓ͯ͌̾̓̄͞͡ ̨͊̇̊͏̛͓͕̘̤͟͞w̢͚͎̥̙̜̠̻̫̹̮̦͛̑͒͋̏͗̊͜͞i̸̶̧͖͈̥͚̭̰̦̞̫̥̬̰̝͍̬̗̦͚̲ͨͨ̉͟t̸̵̵͖̦͉͕̱͇̐͑ͧ̋͆̀̔ͯͨ͌͆̚ḧ̵̛͎̫̬̣̩͇̥̞̭̼̜̩͕̈̐̂̌̍̎ͬͭ͌͠ ̛̘̫͔̹͓̻̗̻̲͉̞̞͚̩̯̮ͪ̔̌̿̍ͦ̀ͥ̍̎̿ͨ̽̀́͢͠m̶̶̡̭͎͎̤̩̹̩̞͇̦̼̳̝̑̅̑͛̽ͭ̅̓̆̍ͫͮ́̄͘ͅeͬ̊ͨ͂̿ͨ̊͝҉̸̺̰̯̤͚̖͜ͅ,̡͎̖͇̙͎̿ͨ̆ͤ̑́͡ ̷̸̫̲͕̻̫̰͇̖̳̗̙ͮ́̓̉ͯͭ̀́͜ͅp̆͐ͥ̐͒ͦ̐͊̂̓̈̊̽ͫ͊̊̇ͨ͠͏̸̼̘̦̺͈̠̰̤͚̝͙̰̺̩̰r̛͙̩̭͚̞͇̩̥̼̦ͯ̇̃̐̂̔ͫͯͫ̏ͭͤ̑̀̽̾͗ͫ̓̀̕͡ͅe̛̳͖͚͇͎͑͑̓̍̓͗͗̓̄ͦ͠͝͡p̸̘̮͉̼̯̲̻͔͕͇͖͖̟̗̭̹̘͚̗ͩ͗͛̉͒ͥ̀̌̆ͩͤ̃ͨ̽̿͒ͨ͠͠a̸̷͒̒̍̀͗͑͜͏̱̘̘̲̮̯̳̘̀r͙̜̝̲̯̝͔̦̺̗͉͚͉͙͍̠̓ͦ͊̿ͬ̈ͪ͂̌̚͟͡͡ͅe̶̪̱̪̟̣͉͉̹͈̫͇̝̪̮̙ͯ͂̈̈̓ͦ̍̂̾̏ͪ̏ͭͧ͛ ̷̧̭̝̺̗̟ͬ̾̏ͫ̕t̷̵̡͓͔̜͙̘͈̲͈̳ͦ̊̇̽̅̄̀ͮ̒ͪ͆̑̓͊́͝ͅǫ̶͈̞͚̹̻̤̲̙͖̪̍̃̐̏ͦͪͦͤͩ̽̿̿ͮͪ̿̀͂̀͡ ̡̤̹̲̜̪̞̽̽̓ͥ̒ͨ͊̐ͫ͗ͫ̐̈́̑ͥ̕͢͡b̴̨̨̛̦͇̪̠̺͔͙̤̜̉͐̓̌̀͟ͅͅë̢̼͔̗̰̦̼̘̯̟̩͚́͗͆͒͋̀͆̑̋ͩ̉̒͊ͬ͊̃ͪ̆͊͟͡ ̵̡̛̳̜̦̱͎̞ͤͣ̏͒ͯ̇̈́͗ͮ̇̎ͬͧc̴͍̞̼̹ͨͭ̇̒͌͗̉ͥͥ͗̓̎̌̅͒ͭ̇̅́o̧̧̤̘͕̬̰̣͔͖̘̥͖̜̐ͥ́ͤ̒̔͘͠ͅņ̶̛͔͎͍͉ͪ̾̃ͦ͛̈́̒̅̒s̶̷̸̙͍̹͎̬̜̦̞̤̥̦̙̞̥͚͈̬̋̃͒ͮ͒ͪ̆ͩͯ̒͋̾̒̾͋̅͌̓͡ǔ̶͚͈̠̭̻̜̉ͪ́̓ͩͤ̅̌̌̈̍ͤ̾̌͛ͥ͗ͦ͟͜͞m̛̯̪̘͍̜͕͕̞̤͖͉͉͔̞͙͈͓̐ͦͯ̽ͬ͒̾ͣ̓̒̔͛ͤ̎̏̈͜͝è̵̱̜̯̙͔̜̝͙̼̬̤̥̒̒ͣ͒̈́͊̀́̕͟ḑ̧̅͂̈͌̔ͧͤ̋ͤ́́̒̂̋͗͆ͮ̚҉̙͚̬̻͎͚̤͞.̴̨̺̜̟̯̹̪͋̋͆ͫͧ̐̔ͩ̉͌̋͋͞

>!

11 minutes ago, Bundle of Sticks said:

The game is his intellectual property, you play at his pleasure and by the rules he has created. If it was the players game, you all would have ruined it a long time ago because you would only do things that benefited your particular community. You are just as easily capable of not playing his game if you don't like his rules or decisions. Y'all cheated, got caught with your hands in the cookie jar, and are refusing to accept responsibility for it. Digging your heels into the dirt is just going to make this worse for you in the long run.

The sad part is I am sure in your alliances vain attempt to cover up and get rid of the evidence, you are all probably forgetting that if Discord decides to investigate these claims, even with the channels and pictures gone from view of the public, they will still have records of it in their back log. Once things are posted online, they tend to remain there even when you think they are gone.

Actually I play at my pleasure not Alex's. Yes it is his intellectual product and yes he sets the rules and to his credit he does get players help him with ideas amd stuff at times which he has said NPO has helped with as a matter of fact. You actually missed the point though that if the mods and such are participants they are actually in a conflict of interest situation.  As can actually be conceived as in his own words he has join in on the action and one can actually question if there was bias or not. No not accusing here just making the point. If I recall correctly when this game was first created the original moderation team where not allowed to participate at all. I can even admit to myself that if is a part of any of the moderation team I would be bias or have a favorable few of certain AA ol and such. Hence why I never entertiancthe thought. 

17 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

We didn't cheat. He elected to change the interpretation of the rules because he didn't realize the scale by which non-monetary transactions may propagate. He could have more clearly defined the rules, been more precise on flat out banning all transactions that didn't go to his wallet, but he didn't. I've seen all the evidence. I consider myself to be relatively unbiased because though I belong to NPO, I also care for a fair battlefield, and I can tell you right now.

Alex is at Fault.
So is the NPO.

Problem is only one side bears any form of punishment. This is my view on the matter and all I will say any further on it. This was handled poorly all around. Rarely is the truth black and white. When egos prevail, no one wins.

1. Updated and clarified the rules in a manner that could not be mistaken or otherwise interpreted.
2. Acknowledgement of fault by both parties. A mature conversation about how to re-balance the game in light of the correction.
4. Elimination of non-active actors over time by their own inactivity. New standards of activity.

I say this in light that I have assisted with developing and moderating a game of a similar design. I have seen these same occurrences as a completely third party in other gaming worlds.

Dont make sense MV ... it dont sit well here. Remember all were paranoid we were trying to make players delete and bust alliances.  If this was true we at least were warring on our own and not use admin to have to make severe desicions and do the dirty work they were not willing to do 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

5. Proceed on revised rules.

To be clear, I did come to the NPO government and offered them the chance to explain what happened themselves and apologize. They refused. If they had, I wouldn't have issued bans, though there definitely still would have been some correction (money and resources removed.)

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

To be clear, I did come to the NPO government and offered them the chance to explain what happened themselves and apologize. They refused. If they had, I wouldn't have issued bans, though there definitely still would have been some correction (money and resources removed.)

Did you meet them half way and take responsibility for your part in causing this? Until you do that as a game administrator.. the rifts won't mend.

I am going to go read the rules on transactions again. If they've not been clarified that also needs to take effect.

>!

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Did you meet them half way and take responsibility for your part in causing this? Until you do that as a game administrator.. the rifts won't mend.

I am going to go read the rules on transactions again. If they've not been clarified that also needs to take effect.

The rules were never in error, and to my knowledge, I was never in the wrong. No one told me what was going on, and if your entire defense is one vague question on "fairness philosophy" (obviously not a specific inquiry about the rules) and what my "gut reaction" would be, that's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

The rules were never in error, and to my knowledge, I was never in the wrong. No one told me what was going on, and if your entire defense is one vague question on "fairness philosophy" (obviously not a specific inquiry about the rules) and what my "gut reaction" would be, that's ridiculous.

It's more on a clarity philosophy. Rules must be clear to be precisely obeyed. I have put a suggestion up for your consideration.

What has happened is a clear failure to communicate. This can be corrected by making sure the language leaves no question as to the only means of proper cash/benefit interactions with the site.

>!

11 hours ago, brucemna said:

No .. there were no offences and seeing the arguement were it was a mechanical and not a model issue for one ... and the way it is described or reported supposedly it is all 1 issue of so called outside farming and so forth which I understand it as recruiting for the game. Personally if this method is walking the fine line of what u call farming them maybe less penalties are in order then redefine the rule to the recruiting process in game through mediation and committee of all peoples and not a select few.  This went to far and the harshness has actually angered or caused people to delete due to coalitions complaints then enticing which is what coalition aWas supposedly trying to say what NPO and co was trying to do hence walking away from terms and surrendering. Seriously the hypocracy of the whole mess really really stands out to the one sidedness of the game.  It gives the impression that if TS is not in control of the game and things are not done their way or they are losing let's get admin to do it for us. This time as u see from many posts  the anger and resentments causing deletion and other ricpical events outwayed the war and its events.

I guess I should be the one to bring up how features of this game have been nerfed more than once in direct response to t$ mastering certain aspects of game play (though always well within the rules). The best example of this being Treasure Island ;) And TI/treasure bonuses should have been nerfed, even though it being nerfed was hugely damaging to t$'s profit potential (we would have reached a level of such immense wealth that it would have been preposterous). Sometimes you just gotta accept when something is good for the game, even if it isn't good personally for you or your alliance. The same thought was in mind when t$ went paperless and left the 'hegemony' that centered around us, because we thought if we continued, the game's politics would become stale and stifled. And that would be boring. And games aren't meant to be boring. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

Imagine being so innocent that in order to prove your innocence, instead of providing proof, you slander a game and it’s creator with false accusations of pedophilia and share the private information of people against their will.

Man, that type of behavior SCREAMS innocence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

It's more on a clarity philosophy. Rules must be clear to be precisely obeyed. I have put a suggestion up for your consideration.

What has happened is a clear failure to communicate. This can be corrected by making sure the language leaves no question as to the only means of proper cash/benefit interactions with the site.

Maelstrom, I must say, you are the closest thing to a voice of reason from within NPO.  Please take that as a compliment, I am bad at giving those.  It's a breath of fresh air compared to the mostly trolling and threatening to destroy the game I've seen from your comrades.

I would like to put forth, that the rules were absolutely clear.  The rules did NOT specify that the transaction had to be for something of monetary value for it to be illegal.

Please allow me to quote the relevant rules section as it appears this very moment (slimmed down to only the parts that are relevant):

...it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

Bold for emphasis.

The translated comics, while not of financial value, were nonetheless a "real life good" in the sense that it was not within the confines of the game.  GPWC existed primarily to get people, who were interested in gaining access to this "real life good" but were NOT actually interested in playing PnW, to sign up for PnW to become resource farms for the benefit of NPO.  This was outlined clear as day in the evidence packet, with access to the comic restricted for "farmers" who fell out of compliance in PnW.

I fully understand if this is not the easiest thing to swallow, as your comrades, people you have close personal relationships with over the course of many years, are guilty of this.  I expect that it will be hard to accept.  But this is the truth, and it is an unequivocal truth.  The rules were crystal clear on this.

For Alex's part, I do struggle to accept the argument that "nobody came to me for 5 months..."  I struggle with that, but that doesn't make it his fault that NPO broke the rules, which were clear, but rather that he failed to enforce them for such a long period of time (and I do think he apologized for this, adequately enough for my needs at least).  But that doesn't shift blame for the actual rule breaking, or mean that a rule wasn't broken just because it hadn't been enforced (after Alex was lied to about what was going on, btw), and I have to say, he gave NPO a very generous opportunity to fess up and walk away with less consequences, but their response was to try to hide and deny the operation.  As if they were aware it wasn't actually in-line with the rules.

You come off as reasonable here, Mael, and I am sorry, truly, that you have had to see all your friends reap these consequences.  And I don't think that is an easy thing to deal with.  It can't be.  But the rules absolutely were clear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

• Alex locked this topic