2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

Just now, Stewie said:

So you were scamming people?

Nope, are you on a trampoline jumping to all these conclusions? You are all going to believe what benefits you the most either way. My point is you should never accuse someone of something without having 100% factual evidence. Basing decisions off incomplete information is never a good idea. Ask yourself, if Alex had 100% factual evidence why would he ever need a confession? 

At this point I'm done posting in this thread. Dont expect any further replies.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Nope, are you on a trampoline jumping to all these conclusions? You are all going to believe what benefits you the most either way. My point is you should never accuse someone of something without having 100% factual evidence. Basing decisions off incomplete information is never a good idea. Ask yourself, if Alex had 100% factual evidence why would he ever need a confession? 

Classic NPO gag order in effect.

He didn't go for a confession, he raised an enquiry to NPO Gov with the evidence and they admitted it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He sought a confession for your own benefit, you gigantic dipshit.  If you guys fessed up to it when asked, the consequences would probably have been far less severe (than the wrist slap that they were). 

You didn't realize it, but it was a test, and you failed.

• Like 3

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tell me they at least got out the nice gimp suit for you when they decided to gag you.

I really enjoy the part where he is asking someone to post illegal images of an illegal activity his alliance took part in.

"Hey guys, totally do this illegal thing I was doing so I can claim you did it as well while claiming to ask for it as evidence!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Pointing out the obvious isnt a defense. Not one player nor Alex can provide the evidence of what he is accusing. 

Sure. I don’t have proof that I have a heart. I can feel it beat, I can hear its pulse, my doctor tells me it’s there. But I don’t have proof cus I haven’t held it in my hand.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I didn't need a confession, and if you read the logs, I told them multiple times that I was fine either way. I felt bad about how serious of a moderation action I needed to take, and I thought that having the culprits admit to what happened and post an apology would be a fairer way to resolve the entire situation with less-severe moderation action.

Thanks for doing what is right although I'm sure as you stated it affected personal relationships. Cheating is wrong and you totally did the right thing no matter what the other delusional people say. 

• Upvote 1

Quite honestly, if a few, or more than a few cheaters and their friends quit the game because the cheaters got caught and punished rather lightly. I don't see how that hurts the game in any way. Cheaters suck and should be banned permanently, so they got off easy.

• Upvote 4

On 2/5/2020 at 4:38 PM, Prefonteen said:

Looks pretty clear cut, and frankly the punishments are far too mild for the offense.

I prob read it wrong but it seems to me first offence was a nation reset and no ban til the second which is permanent.  If there isxanything that actually was wrong. 

On 2/5/2020 at 4:48 PM, Alex said:

That's not true. It's trivial for me to sum up the tax records for GPWC nations, you can see for yourself:

image.png

Calculating resource values:

image.png

Trivial to make make a sound judgement?  Wow just wow.  I guess it is just trivial that we form a defense with no trial too 

49 minutes ago, brucemna said:

I prob read it wrong but it seems to me first offence was a nation reset and no ban til the second which is permanent.  If there isxanything that actually was wrong. 

Trivial to make make a sound judgement?  Wow just wow.  I guess it is just trivial that we form a defense with no trial too 

The volume of breaching the game TOS meant that a significantly more impactful punishment than a simple nation reset was deemed required. 

I mean, they can come back in 6months to a year.  That's less than some people in other worlds got.

1 hour ago, brucemna said:

This isn't the American justice system, you are lucky he even took the time to get your side of the story.  Since when he gigged Grumpy a few months ago, I was only able to talk to him after he hit our bank, and that moderation action was completely driven by your coalition.  Didn't see any of you complaining about bias or any of the other crap when we got hit. Also notice Grumpy didnt throw a giant hissy fit and threaten to disband, or post childish game reviews on other sites.  What actually happened? While not happy about Sheeps decision, I accepted responsibility for my call on how it went down and apologized to my members.  Not saying this is what your leadership should do (but its definitely what they should have done)

It's sad that you and others still think your alliance is completely innocent of any wrong doing and that the people that actually have a legitimate reason to be angry due to your rampant cheating the last 6 months are the ones offering your alliance white peace.  I feel your coalition if the roles were reversed would not be so charitable.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, brucemna said:

They didn't commit merely a second offense, they committed hundreds of offenses over a sustained period.  Are you suggesting that their bans should have been permanent instead?

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

20 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

They didn't commit merely a second offense, they committed hundreds of offenses over a sustained period.  Are you suggesting that their bans should have been permanent instead?

No .. there were no offences and seeing the arguement were it was a mechanical and not a model issue for one ... and the way it is described or reported supposedly it is all 1 issue of so called outside farming and so forth which I understand it as recruiting for the game. Personally if this method is walking the fine line of what u call farming them maybe less penalties are in order then redefine the rule to the recruiting process in game through mediation and committee of all peoples and not a select few.  This went to far and the harshness has actually angered or caused people to delete due to coalitions complaints then enticing which is what coalition aWas supposedly trying to say what NPO and co was trying to do hence walking away from terms and surrendering. Seriously the hypocracy of the whole mess really really stands out to the one sidedness of the game.  It gives the impression that if TS is not in control of the game and things are not done their way or they are losing let's get admin to do it for us. This time as u see from many posts  the anger and resentments causing deletion and other ricpical events outwayed the war and its events.

3 minutes ago, brucemna said:

No .. there were no offences and seeing the arguement were it was a mechanical and not a model issue for one ... and the way it is described or reported supposedly it is all 1 issue of so called outside farming and so forth which I understand it as recruiting for the game. Personally if this method is walking the fine line of what u call farming them maybe less penalties are in order then redefine the rule to the recruiting process in game through mediation and committee of all peoples and not a select few.  This went to far and the harshness has actually angered or caused people to delete due to coalitions complaints then enticing which is what coalition aWas supposedly trying to say what NPO and co was trying to do hence walking away from terms and surrendering. Seriously the hypocracy of the whole mess really really stands out to the one sidedness of the game.  It gives the impression that if TS is not in control of the game and things are not done their way or they are losing let's get admin to do it for us. This time as u see from many posts  the anger and resentments causing deletion and other ricpical events outwayed the war and its events.

In the eyes of the Judge, Jury and Executioner (Admin) there was sufficient evidence and grounds to perform the actions undertaken.

He gathered the Intel himself which he acted upon. Personally I don't think you can use the argument that they used admins to fight their battle in this example.

34 minutes ago, Stewie said:

In the eyes of the Judge, Jury and Executioner (Admin) there was sufficient evidence and grounds to perform the actions undertaken.

He gathered the Intel himself which he acted upon. Personally I don't think you can use the argument that they used admins to fight their battle in this example.

Was admins words not he would not of thought about until it was brought to his attention months before around november I believe ? And hi Stewie 

6 minutes ago, brucemna said:

Was admins words not he would not of thought about until it was brought to his attention months before around november I believe ? And hi Stewie 

Yes, he only got brought to it because they thought it was a bot network.

It was not a bot network, it was something even more nefarious.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stewie said:

Yes, he only got brought to it because they thought it was a bot network.

It was not a bot network, it was something even more nefarious.

Omg forgive if real people are playing they game lol .. funny bout that too ... normally I am very inactive .. most of the time missing my log ins and so forth .. hell half the time ROQ has had to message me to sign in just to spend the money for my growth .. and yes what am I saying .. I myself am more a farm than anything .... sure I been a little a tive lately as work and life has been slow or was but basically I am a friggin farm by the way they are using it against us .. 

42 minutes ago, brucemna said:

Omg forgive if real people are playing they game lol .. funny bout that too ... normally I am very inactive .. most of the time missing my log ins and so forth .. hell half the time ROQ has had to message me to sign in just to spend the money for my growth .. and yes what am I saying .. I myself am more a farm than anything .... sure I been a little a tive lately as work and life has been slow or was but basically I am a friggin farm by the way they are using it against us .. 

Congratulations I guess?

I mean, game rule violations aside, the publishers of the manwha would have serious grounds for pressing charges based on the evidence Alex has collected.

Of course, there's also NPO's defence to consider; Alex can't prove that any such manwha actually ever existed. Only the promise of it being provided.

"We didn't violate Copyright Law, we committed Fraud!"

• Like 4

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

8 minutes ago, Sval said:

Providing them is copyright infringement even if you did not translate them yourself. And that applies whether it is licensed or not.

In Japan alone the estimated loss of pirated mangas are about 20 Billion Yen. That amounts to about 180 Million dollars. Granted, the Korean manhwa market is not that big in comparison but it's not like this is nothing.

1 minute ago, Mitsuru said:

Providing them is copyright infringement even if you did not translate them yourself. And that applies whether it is licensed or not.

In Japan alone the estimated loss of pirated mangas are about 20 Billion Yen. That amounts to about 180 Million dollars. Granted, the Korean manhwa market is not that big in comparison but it's not like this is nothing.

Right, but the defense Tiberius and other NPO lickspittles are coming up with is there's no actual proof the scantilations were ever actually provided, because once Alex asked about it, the channels disappeared, documents deleted, and his access to the GPWC discord area was restricted. They're just desperately trying to appeal to a legal standard of proof in a situation where it isn't applicable.

Wine for courage, making love to a camp follower. Tomorrow the battalion leaves for Burgundy.
Wine for courage, and two hours of sleep before dawn. Thank you, thank you  recruiters

You've got wine and a camp follower..thank you, thank you, recruiters

31 minutes ago, Sval said:

I mean, game rule violations aside, the publishers of the manwha would have serious grounds for pressing charges based on the evidence Alex has collected.

Of course, there's also NPO's defence to consider; Alex can't prove that any such manwha actually ever existed. Only the promise of it being provided.

So everyone has not downloaded movies or music of certain sites or acquired however they are without permission from the right holders to such things or no one else has shared back and for pics or memes of any kind without the original publishers permission or tagged a news line of some kind..blah blah blah blah ...  

• Alex locked this topic