2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

To the B team who is currently extremely upset, take a day or two, and seriously read all that evidence.  What NPO did was pretty f'ed up, I am actually amazed not a single one of you that I have seen so far has admitted that what they did was wrong. 

I'm not sure if weve ever crossed paths or not but I find myself in complete agreement with your statement. 

To explain though, they're more pissed that NPO got caught and now they arnt going to receive their rewards

tEcHnIcAlLy nO ruLeS wERe bRoKeN

Quit nitpicking the wording. It was obviously a ridiculous exploit to gain an unfair advantage. The rules were written in such a way to encompass a variety of exploits while remaining comprehensive for the average player. 

If I list an ad on ebay showing a phone for sale but include in the fine print that it's a picture of a phone Im selling and not the phone. If I charge the price of a phone, I'm still a scammer. I TECHNICALLY told them it was a picture, but that doesn't hold up. Anybody's bullshit meter would blow up, and in court you would be called a scammer.

You exploited a game mechanic to gain an unfair advantage. If you fail to see how the practices you engaged in are against the rules then you are clearly not clever enough to be pulling that pedantic bs talkin bout "technically"

Alex's case is pretty damn solid, I'd bet it would hold up in court.

You were caught, it happened, quit whining and move on. 

Edited by Bopolo
grammar/punctuation. Clarification of analogy
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I feel like the real victims here are the fine folks of GPWC.   Will NPO honor their deal and give GPWC the free comic books they earned?  I feel like that really needs to be addressed especially since GPWC has been forced to hide in a locked closet for the last 6 months due to their NPO overlords. 

To the B team who is currently extremely upset, take a day or two, and seriously read all that evidence.  What NPO did was pretty f'ed up, I am actually amazed not a single one of you that I have seen so far has admitted that what they did was wrong. 

Yeah, NPO owes them some chineese cartoons.

If the leaders who were all in on this cheat all rage quit, it will save us the trouble of hunting them down and destroying them, in my estimation, so more power to them.  What's disgusting is them trying to get their rank and file to follow them and delete.  Perhaps a mass messaging campaign is in order to some of these alliances that are currently encouraging their rank and file members to mass delete.  Give them the evidence packet, it speaks for itself.  Let them know their leaders are lying to them and they shouldn't have to sacrifice their years of hard work (and in many cases, financial contributions).  Let them know that we agree that it sucks how the war ended, but that Alex had no other choice, as to do nothing would be a decision to allow cheating.  The core objective should be to get the truth out to vulnerable rank and file members.

• Upvote 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

Was the entire Coalition B depending on this cheating scheme to continue. Obviously it makes sense now that alliances were fighting somewhat competent when they shouldn't of had the means to really. How quickly it falls apart.

Part of what is disgusting is these alliances surrendering are supporting this cheating in their posts, absolute garbage people who probably should be banned for taking part in some fashion to or having full knowledge of it. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Was the entire Coalition B depending on this cheating scheme to continue.

Some of the alliances were dependent on it, yes.  Now whether they knew about it or not, well, that's another question.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pubstomper said:

Can’t wait for a year or so from now when some of these salty bois reroll to come back after rage quitting now 

It will be like season 5 of the sopranos when all the old crims get released from prison and want to become relevant again on the streets :P

9 hours ago, JT Jag said:

GPWC did not duplicate money. Despite claims otherwise, there is no evidence of them being multi-accounts. They took no in-game action that was forbidden by the rules. They and the leadership of NPO are being banned for alleged “illegal distribution of resources worth real money for in-game value”, of which no actual evidence has been provided as to the value or illegality of said resources. This ruling will lead to a slippery slope allowing Alex to arbitrarily ban people for any off-site action. This might win you the day here, Coalition A, but look forward to that looming over your heads for however long this game lasts.

Umm, it is "illegal distribution of resources worth real money." Not "distribution of illegal resources worth real money."

See the difference?

Of course you don't.

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I feel like the real victims here are the fine folks of GPWC.   Will NPO honor their deal and give GPWC the free comic books they earned?  I feel like that really needs to be addressed especially since GPWC has been forced to hide in a locked closet for the last 6 months due to their NPO overlords. 

Also, comparatively, Grumpy got 20% of its bank deleted for a violation, and this seems about on par or more lenient, IMO.

So I'm not sure what they're all complaining about, there's precedent for this, multiple times, even extending from Beta, I mean remember Abbas too in Beta...

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

And still doesn't have any evidence to prove anything illegal was happening. He just killed his own game, enjoy the last few months ;)

I have mentioned it before but you probably ignored it or conveniently dismissed it. There are screenshots of your government admitting to providing scanlations. ALL scanlations are inherently illegal. There are no illegal scanlations. All scanlations are copy infringement. How sad it is to see someone so adamantly support breaking the law because they got caught in doing so. I pity your moral compass.

Edited by Mitsuru

8 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

300 members from two alliances who wanted to kill the game and a 1000 member AA who did not want to play the game, not sure I would say that's killing the game.

Bah, daddy alex just trying to help whales....

Way to be a puppet on a string Alex. Your double standards and biased stance has been noted and you'll be going down in the history books as the worst game admin who conforms to certain puppet masters. You should get a spine because this just shows and proves that you're a spineless coward that can't act and make decisions on your own. You can go ahead and ban me, because I don't care about your worthless trashy browser game.

Edited by Arathorn
  • Thanks 1

"I VM due to timezone differences" -Reuben Cheuk

timezoneVM.jpg.64e93c4270b92d26e0ac30572d9351eb.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Arathorn said:

Way to be a puppet on a string Alex. Your double standards and biased stance has been noted and you'll be going down in the history books as the worst game admin who conforms to certain puppet masters. You should get a spine because this just shows and proves that you're a spineless coward that can't act and make decisions on your own. You can go ahead and ban me, because I don't care about your worthless trashy browser game.

Hear Hear!

Also, if this is really about trading real life or digital material for in game benefits, then all the news organizations that started and charge people in game money in order to access and read off-site "digital" material (news articles in that case) should also be banned as well.

Let's go ahead and ban all the alliances who restrict access to their forums to only members. That's trading digital material for in game status too.

Edited by Arathorn

"I VM due to timezone differences" -Reuben Cheuk

timezoneVM.jpg.64e93c4270b92d26e0ac30572d9351eb.jpg 

9 minutes ago, Arathorn said:

Also, if this is really about trading real life or digital material for in game benefits, then all the news organizations that started and charge people in game money in order to access and read off-site "digital" material (news articles in that case) should also be banned as well.

Let's go ahead and ban all the alliances who restrict access to their forums to only members. That's trading digital material for in game status too.

The news sources you speak of are completely different, because as Alex states many times he doesn't moderate anything that's not on the game. The news services are on discord.

Thanks Alex for making the hard decision. Even though you might have caused a drop in your game, it was the right thing to do. I'm honestly surprised that someone could even have thought of something so crazy.

• Upvote 2

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

15 hours ago, Cinomoo said:

you're right, this text based game means the world to us, Christ how can we even possibly live without it?
Not like we only played for our members and communities we built.

Spare me.

I mean, you had us fooled for how often you were on the forums disparaging others, actively striving to ruin the game for others, and generally being so invested that you treated these in-game feuds so seriously that you dedicated 6 months+ to fighting both in-game and in words and propaganda. For all your faults, you all were highly active and invested in the game and it's a shame that energy couldn't have been put towards more positive aims.

(you is the royal you)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Alex locked this topic