2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

2 hours ago, Tarroc said:

Yes, because, Frawley, Claudia, einelynn, Keshav, Roquentin, Yuri, Null, Edward, Akina and Daniel Storm are all inactive farms, right?

No they chose the raider option.

Lel

• Haha 1

XLL3z4T.gif

Good call @Alex whether this has deleterious effects to the game is inconsequential to the point, and that is doing the right thing.  I'm saddened that people would try to oppose mod intervention against cheating.  Hopefully those who think cheating is ok in this instance (or any for that matter) will also leave the game.  I'm quite surprised to hear a lot of people's responses on here, and paints a picture of rank and widespread narcissism.  In the long run I believe this action will have a positive impact on recruitment and retention of players, and fun game-play for everyone.

• Like 2

Celer Et Audax

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Bill Rice said:

I think the thing that really has people up in arms about this how long it took for GPWC to be hit by admin action. Once Nova Riata were suspected of cheating, admin investigations and the banhammer came within days. Their allies quickly abandoned them, and they were declared on by almost all of Orbis. Quite a different reaction from their allies to the current scenario.

GPWC have been around for almost 6 months now, and have easily had the highest number of members of any alliance in the game for much of that. It doesn't take a genius to work out that they've probably got something fishy going on behind the scenes. It's been an open secret for months now - I was able to ask a regular member of my alliance "Hey, what's up with GWPC?", and they basically told me it as it was. We're not nearly close enough to NPO that our regular members know their secret plans - it was just that well-known.

Suddenly, without warning, all of Orbis has been told "Actually, this thing that's been an open secret for half a year, is against the rules, and we're going to be banning immediately." Gee, I wonder why people are upset?

I accept that gathering strong evidence against GPWC must have taken a while, but @Alex must have known that GWPC was 'human botting' for at least a few months. Even without hard evidence, that he's only taken action now shows an awful lack of communication. If, a month or two ago, there had been a forum post to the effect of "As a reminder, human botting for services is against the rules. Don't do it. Looking at you, GPWC." would have gone a long way. Would they have stopped of their own accord? Possibly, possibly not. But it would have made it far more obvious to the rest of us that, actually, GPWC is breaking one of the many rules, we should maybe distance ourselves from them.

(I know, the rules are right there, but can anyone here claim to know them all off by heart? Never had to ask Alex if something is against the rules? Quite a lot of people ITT don't seem to even realise that it was a rule in the first place!)

I was not made aware of what was going on until January 31. It took me a few days to compile this evidence and make a decision.

Sure, people made accusations that they were bots, but they weren't bots, and I never had evidence that they were bots. No one came to me with a comprehensive report of what was actually going on until just recently.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was not made aware of what was going on until January 31. It took me a few days to compile this evidence and make a decision.

Sure, people made accusations that they were bots, but they weren't bots, and I never had evidence that they were bots. No one came to me with a comprehensive report of what was actually going on until just recently.

You didn't suspect anything beforehand? They've had the highest member count in the game for months now by no small margin, and are largely small nations that log in only enough as not to be grey. Where did you think they were all coming from? Some guy in GWPC has hundreds of friends who will log in every two weeks for him?

Yes, there was never hard evidence against them, but there has been reason to suspect that they've been doing something shady for quite a while now. It's also been pretty well-known that they were coming from another site, even outside of NPO's direct circle, and I find it difficult to believe that you've only heard this accusation in the past week.

Edit: Sifted through the 29 page Google Doc. Apparently back in August @Alex was given the reason of 'it was for a waifu body pillow raffle'. That was quite a while ago - how on earth did it take this long to suspect that GWPC might not be for body pillow raffles? Doesn't having to start playing P&W (obviously, with the intention of having them initially join GWPC) to enter a raffle violate the rules in the first place?

Edited by Bill Rice
Sifted through the 29 page Google Doc.

You can continue warning people, Alex, but it still will never change that you have explicitly shown your support for pedophilia, nazism, and white supremacy. I hope it was worth the money they're giving you.

The question is: Do you feel shame for it?

Edited by Revanchism
  • Haha 1

@Alex

Could you give a list of people who helped you to look jnto this?

A few thoughts

1..major war going on

2. Your actios cripple one side

3. You actually were asked  if GWCP was okay and said yes, months ago, simply could have stated: changed my mind, stop this now instead of this action

4. You did not do nr .3. Seems weird.

5. So please provide names of people who influenced this, its missing from your document.

P.s.

Whatever you think, behind every single coal b member is  person too, who gave time and sometimes hard earned money for your game. You made a mistake by not doing nr 3. Shame on you for making this move.

Edited by Duke Arthur

Thank you for taking unbiased but firm action, Alex.  This action gives me confidence and faith in PnW as a game.  Some people will be mad because "their side" was reliant on this scheme, but I hope they will come around and understand that this action was necessary to maintain a sense of fairness in the game.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

Sad to see good players banned, I hope they will come back (except the ones who wanted us out of the game, you leave before me baby:sheepy:)

Could be a good idea to ban in 1-2 days so the alliance has time to put new people in power, manage the bank, etc.

I also think the players of GPWC who still want to play shouldn't be allowed to join NPO, still ok if they move in another alliance of their coalition

Anyway good decision, just toooooooooooo late, but I guess finding all the proofs needed wasn't easy

And I think the (relative) short bans are also for this late decision

Ironic thing #1: "you killed the game" so it's true? they were really all roqbots?

Ironic thing #2: Guardians of the Galaxy out of nowere with complaints, I guess it is their 300 infra build, you can't stay like that forever without the tax farm

• Upvote 2

Keshav11/3/2019, 1:02:51 AM

no, this is a zero sum game

Keshav11/3/2019, 1:03:09 AM

and in 10 years I don't want to be like  I had that opportunity to [sic] kil lthem, andd I didnt hoping they'd be "nice" to us

Keshav11/3/2019, 1:03:11 AM

frick that shit.

Keshav11/3/2019, 1:03:24 AM

What benefits the enemy, harms you; and what benefits you, harm the enemy.

₲ɆØⱤ₲Ɇ11/3/2019, 1:03:34 AM

I don’t really think we’re being nice

₲ɆØⱤ₲Ɇ11/3/2019, 1:03:43 AM

Lol that’s a bit of a overstatement

Keshav11/3/2019, 1:04:17 AM

I'm in it to ensure they are fricked enough to not be a threat in a few months time.

?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Everyone saying how late this action came, yet almost all of us were aware of it (including myself): This is why the report forums are so important for suspected cheating. I think it's fair to say multiple months of one alliance owning one sixth of the population will likely have longer lasting consequences beyond the resources and cash they generated.

If you know of nonsense occurring, suspect cheating or exploitation, or even want clarification for a grey area in the rules: please utilize the report forums or even DM alex on the forums or on discord. He is an incredibly responsive Admin, but he's not as "tied in" to the politics of the day like we all are. He doesn't play the game, he runs it. So what is common gossip to us, can potentially be breaking news to him.

That being said, thank you for taking action Alex. It really sucks that NPO leadership felt the need to break rules even while possessing the upper hand in-game. Also thank you for not taking an axe to a scalpel job. You correctly banned or deleted the offenders and left other nations alone in a solid attempt to spare those who had some plausible deniability. Much better handled than the last ban-wave for cheating.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Seryozha Nikanor said:

The idea that alex is for some reason choosing sides is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. What does he seek to benefit by doing this?

I agreed to give him some manwha if he banned all of NPO leadership for 6 months, obviously.

Alex is actually a teenage girl.

• Haha 2

XLL3z4T.gif

It seems obvious the reason NPO was so obviously "cheating" is they did not think they were.  Being super cheesy?  Sure.  But there is a huge set of bizarre things in this game which people take advantage off.  The one good thing in all this is you produced and posted a report with your logic.  However flawed it might be you at least made it public.  I played in a game several years ago where I was Banned without any explanation.  Emails to Support just came back with a "We do not discuss or explain the reasons for a Ban".  

3 hours ago, KingOfBlueBears said:

Congrats alex you literally just used your place as a game admin to win a war for a bunch of idiots

I mean he did write it in the rules of the game that this was illegal. NPO just shouldn't have been resource farming GPWC. It do be like that sometimes

Great work to the obviously time consuming investigations and for enforcing standard rules that are in basically all games across the internet.
To those involved in it, shame on you and you don't deserve a temporary ban.

There's a reason Terms of Service exist.

Good luck to everyone else that is still playing.

• Upvote 1

Welp, I’ve reviewed the report, evidence and the discussions between sheepy and the accused (which contrary to Goons’ disingenuous bullshit has indeed been posted right upfront), and... yeah, I’m gonna need a few hours to write a proper wall of text on this one.

For now: Hundreds of long-standing cheaters and criminals have gotten assmad enough to leave of their own volition? Unwilling to play since they feel they aren’t allowed to be toxic, cheating !@#$? You’re actually *threatening* to stop cheating?? 

Bite us. Please.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Haha 1

About time. This decision saves the game. I hate cheaters.

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

3 hours ago, Smith said:

Many of the people that were banned for 6 months have been playing nation sims for 10 years. In fact, Keshav justified intentionally driving people out of the game by saying he didn't want to find himself with regret 10 years from now. 

So yes, I worry that this is a slap on the wrist and the benefit they got from the alleged cheating outweighs this 6 month ban. 

Saving for posterity.

To all those saying Ok Boom.  Normally I'd love that, as I too am a man of culture, but as critical as I normally am of Alex, he's enforcing needed rules. We give game companies shit for having pay to win games, well this is the price of avoiding that.

3 hours ago, Tarroc said:

Enjoy having a staggering percentage of your game leave, dumbass. I'll take the penalty for swearing at the game admin. Half of the damn game is gonna leave over this. You wield your admin abilities and moderation like a weapon, then expect people to stay and keep PAYING YOU MONEY to keep this shit game going? You're an idiot.

'We give you money so you are stupid to ignore and support our cheating.'

Why does this remind me of something about military aid and Ukraine and Biden and Crowdstrike and other words I don't understand...

• Upvote 6

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

Just now, souparmon said:

Good on you Alex. Not like a lot of people didn't know this exact thing was going on a few months ago. 

Makes you wonder why he didn't stop it sooner.
Big Think.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

The rules do not say anything about commercial value specifically. The reason they have no commercial value is that it's illegal to copy and distribute copyrighted material.

The original comics (in Korean) certainly do have commercial value.

Yes, this is an accurate representation of what occurred.

You aren't the copyright police, Alex.

No, we fundamentally disagree here and I don't see that ever changing.  I can also see now that I'm wasting my time.

1 hour ago, Bill Rice said:

-snip-

GPWC was reported multiple times, but there was no clear cut evidence until recently that was provided to @Alex.

Alex investigated it very thoroughly.

• Upvote 3

• Alex locked this topic