2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

5 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

Bannerinod lmao

Damn you're an archduke too, if this is the face of coal B

If It wasn't for my ability to completely ignore losing, how do you think we'd have made it this long?

I've said this a thousand times; Early on, I was told that "The main flaw of BK, is that they're too stupid to understand when they've lost." I then joined BK and found out it's absolutely correct. That's how we've won everything we've touched since AC.

Why we've always agreed to unfavorable peace agreements is beyond me.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

3 minutes ago, lightside said:

Alex you messed up in doing this. The logs clearly show you gave them permission to do this. If you changed your mind then you should have asked them to stop instead of taking action to kill the game...... Those bans are unjustified.

I changed my opinion on supporting the game.

@Alex I'm sure you have logs. Gib money back please. You removed my reason to wanting to support the game.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

The evidence does seem to break the spirit of the rules. It’s up to Alex how he wants to handle that knowing it sets a precedent for consequences in future instances of cheating. I do hope complaints with evidence will be processed more quickly to discourage such behavior going forward.  

I hope this action will encourage active, engaged players from all spheres to play the game and have more fun with less toxicity.

• Upvote 4

If honest people had known about this, it would be reported as cheating.

I don't know about Alex knowing and allowing this before hand, but regardless this sort of activity is unacceptable and unsportsmanlike. If your here defending this cheating by saying "well Alex you 'allowed' this", you're trash. The game is better without you. This sort of scheme ran here is obviously cheating and doesn't fly in nations games such as Politics & War and others. If this was out in the open and Alex allowed it, Alex would be getting grilled for not doing anything about this scheme everyone knows about. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

2 minutes ago, lightside said:

Or better yet you should have set limits on ingame tax rate. That would have solved this problem in an instant. The way you handled this is just awful. 

Economic genius rofl

7 minutes ago, King Olafr of the Faroes said:

No. He should have taken actions towards thousands of players joining the game, if he thought something fishy was going on.

Banning people like this, after telling them OK. That's bullshit. That he's protecting himself by now saying "I didn't think much of it" and "it was a stomach feeling", that's cowardly bullshit.

Thank heavens the Danish laws are written in ways that can't be interpreted like Alex interprets his own game rules, or my job would be a whole lot more difficult... or, to be honest, easier and more arbitrary.

I'm quoting this because your other reply has no relevance. 

No, he should not blanket ban new players.

There is nothing wrong with 1000 players joining the game, but Alex needs to do what he did and research. Which takes time, surprisingly

Thank heavens Alex read his game rules, and you did not

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I've read it and there is no evidence of illegal scanlations, and funnily enough I was helping get GPWC Nations setup in the beginning, so I know there is 0 evidence of illegal scanlations. So I'll try again, where is the illegal scanlations evidence? 

If you read the report you obviously saw the evidence of the manhwa. Here's one example cited in the report where Keshav admits that "in the beginning that was seen as a tool" but if you read the Discord logs I linked in the report you'll see more.

image.png

7 minutes ago, lightside said:

Alex you messed up in doing this. The logs clearly show you gave them permission to do this. If you changed your mind then you should have asked them to stop instead of taking action to kill the game...... Those bans are unjustified.

That's not true at all. This log?

image.png

This log does not show that. Senry asked me a question about "fairness philosophy" and my "gut reaction" to a vaguely similar hypothetical. This was in late November, 2 months after GPWC formed and the practice was ongoing.

If your whole argument is based on this conversation, that's absurd.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Alex said:

If you read the report you obviously saw the evidence of the manhwa. Here's one example cited in the report where Keshav admits that "in the beginning that was seen as a tool" but if you read the Discord logs I linked in the report you'll see more.

image.png

That's not true at all. This log?

image.png

This log does not show that. Senry asked me a question about "fairness philosophy" and my "gut reaction" to a vaguely similar hypothetical. This was in late November, 2 months after GPWC formed and the practice was ongoing.

If your whole argument is based on this conversation, that's absurd.

Still doesn't show any illegal scanlations? So are you going to post up evidence of what you have accused?

No its not absurd. Your clearly state that its a mechanics issue... You should have changed the game mechanics to compensate. Such as limiting the tax rate nations could set.... There are much better ways to handle this. This will lead to lots of players quiting the game. Thanks for killing it....

I find alex's judgement on this matter to be utterly reprehensible and unequivocally biased towards coalition A. The person in question ignored coalition A's slot filling and Gorge's unauthorised access to Leo's account and removing BK members. actions i believe are far more egregious and unethical compared to what NPO did which Alex allowed for more than a year before flip-flopping on discussed issue at a crucial point in this war. I believe without a doubt that Alex is biased against Coalition B and is unfairly selectively enforcing the rules to undermine coalition B's war effort. 

PS:Alex you are undeserving of you position as administrator and you killed the game.

Edited by Douglas MacArthur
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

~Flacid Snip~

Again, here is a link to that document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yMvEZjOwZySF5ENsPMliVfx79Inwgo4Dp0HSb9aDj10/edit?usp=sharing

Please read over it in its entirety before making a judgement on this decision.

Okay I was writting a very gently post, then give it to several people to check my grammar and see if I am not so agressive at you, but seems that now that is the least of my problems, despite I love BK, and I feel part of it, I cam on my own feet when Yuno Mention P&W be a place with fair administration despite NationStates where I called it myself a "Shit Salt Box", but hehe, World acts in different annoying ways (aka called Murphy Law).

Thanks for the Link, I just duplicated it and transform it into PDF, to have a precedent of what is going on here. Now I am going to show you something, since you like to enforce Rules and Terms at your own good:

(Discord Terms & Conditions)

2020-02-05_16-32-01_Screenshot.png

RULES OF CONDUCT AND USAGE
Defame, libel, ridicule, mock, stalk, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone;

Violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party including using, uploading, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any information made available through the Service in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity);

IF you believed that they were doing ilegal stuff, it is not YOUR Concern to judge them, you should Denounce, you are not a God, Discord is held by California, and Politics and War is Held by Montana, Even, Politics and War Discord Server is held by California, due you are using a third party application, that, if we apply your rules in a strict manner, since there is nothing clarifying it, you are breaking your own rules using third party apps.
So I invite everyone that is in that screenshots:

Here is Alex DiscordDev ID: 144250254001176577
And I do not now if he is the owner of the server, but here is the Discord ServerDev ID: 216800987002699787
The ID where he proudly shows his investigation: 674746333269196810
And also the post link of it: https://discordapp.com/channels/216800987002699787/364822073681510400/674746333269196810
Plus I took the liberty to screenshot it, and I clonned in Drive the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1evruH488QyOagKyUKwKYWChAYE7XntR32Fca80Gnym8/edit?usp=sharing
That is just in case he decides to take it down.

Here is how to submit a proper report:
How to Properly Report Issues to Trust and Safety
You can do it here:
Request a Review

However if you want me to submit the report, just do a massive DM group and we can get accord with this, since the Owner of Politics and War just did a violation of rights of privacy, and libel+stalk violation, and this MUST be properly submited. This does not cost you economically and you should know it perfectly since you have a Major Degree in Economics in the University of Minnesota, IT WILL Cost you, because you will lose players, and Community, do not get me wrong, but now is GPWC, who tells you that tomorrow is not going after you?.

However, you do not do Clear shit. You are the ONLY Game operator, So you are the Cop, the Judge and the Excecutor. You do not sanction an ass or Weed, but you sanction Anime, I mean if you want to rule over others, go inside Weebunism server and serve yourself, Oh Mighty God Alex, But you know it, that you do not have a proper way to Rule, you are Arbitrary. There is not a clear regulation but what I am totally aware, is that you do not have right to rule out of your platform. GPWC server is out of your boundaries, so excuse me if I am being blunt and probably "Banned" by any kind of rule that you will pull out of the hat and push it in your context, but you did a big mistake here. 

OH! and since I am leaving, letting you know, Recaptcha does not prevent anything, it just annoys users, and extensions like Rumola, can bypass it easily, and there is like +50 more extensions that just bypass ReCaptcha, And also ReCaptcha cause PHP issues, but if you really paid me attention in past you would know it in the list of security vulnerabilities of PHP.

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Dalmasca said:

Go ahead and play stupid, its not like anyone is gonna stick around to argue you anymore.

This is my last comment regardless if you or anyone posts again. Im done with this trash admin.

Bye bye!

2 minutes ago, Khanter Molchaniye said:

snip

>making available any information made available through the Service in any manner that infringes any copyright

Funny how you ignore that part huh

• Like 1

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

Also it’s worth noting that Alex has ruled for years that actions taken in Discord are “OOC” and cannot be moderated, especially when homophobic and racist discord rants were forwarded to him, to justify his lack of action. And now he is banning an entire alliance and another alliance’s leadership purely based off Discord evidence.

• Upvote 2

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, JT Jag said:

Also it’s worth noting that Alex has ruled for years that actions taken in Discord are “OOC” and cannot be moderated, especially when homophobic and racist discord rants were forwarded to him, to justify his lack of action. And now he is banning an entire alliance and another alliance’s leadership purely based off Discord evidence.

In this case, I was able to access the servers myself and verify all of the evidence. This wasn't a typical "here's a screenshot, ban this guy" report.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I did not know about this beforehand. What was actually going on what not reported to me until January 31. I spent the last 5 days compiling the evidence and considering what the best course of action was.

When GPWC joined, lots of people reported them for being bots, but they had no evidence. I looked and couldn't find any reason to believe they were all controlled by a script. Now, we know that they were not - they were real people, but they were not here to play P&W, it was a prerequisite step to gain access to manhwa scanlations that NPO and GPWC were trading in exchange for setting up farming nations and logging into maintain taxability.

Do I, personally, have copies of the illegal scanlations? No. But there is certainly enough evidence that they exist, including admissions by those directly involved.

Not to mention, posting copies of the illegal scanlations would be illegal violations of copyright. Is that what you're attempting to "trick" me into doing?

No one has admitted to there being "illegal" scanlations. So what you are saying is there is 0 evidence they exist, just circumstantial?  So you cant prove it? I'm not trying to trick you into anything. There was nothing illegal about anything, in fact the content that the author was writing never actually saw the light of day because of the toxic PnW community. What I'm doing is proving there is absolutely 0 evidence of anything illegal that you are here accusing people of and the content that would have been shared would have been 100% legal in any case.

Can you clarify that making people join PnW for offsite Forums membership is also against the rules? Seeing as most communities also have artists that share work?

Just now, Alex said:

In this case, I was able to access the servers myself and verify all of the evidence. This wasn't a typical "here's a screenshot, ban this guy" report.

You can still alter those screenshots, why should we trust you when you dont trust us when it comes to Discord screenshots?

• Upvote 1

• Alex locked this topic