2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

Guest Dalmasca
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

What's right is right, regardless of if it costs me money.

This was not a decision I made lightly, nor a decision I particularly wanted to make. However, it is necessary to maintain any sense of fairness and integrity that the rules be enforced.

The hypocrisy is strong in this one

3 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

I think that ship has sailed there champ.  If you expect our coalition to stick around and continue generating revenue for you after such a woefully incompetent and biased decision, you're sadly mistaken.

Enjoy whatever ends up remaining for your player base.

Nobody likes you clowns anyway. ?

Edited by Itachi

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
6 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

Enjoy having a staggering percentage of your game leave, dumbass. I'll take the penalty for swearing at the game admin. Half of the damn game is gonna leave over this. You wield your admin abilities and moderation like a weapon, then expect people to stay and keep PAYING YOU MONEY to keep this shit game going? You're an idiot.

Why waste your time replying, the door is to your left 

Guest Dalmasca
1 minute ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Why waste your time replying, the door is to your left 

Why waste your time with baseball when you can just get the game banned

26 minutes ago, King Olafr of the Faroes said:

What if I tell you, that BK has a channel that is only accessible if you're active every day in P&W, where there's lots of cat pictures? You gonna ban BK too? WE HAZ CAT PICTURZ!

Sorry to break this to you, but there is not any scarcity of cat pictures, they are valuable for free in effectively unlimited numbers on the internet all over Reddit, instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Discord. Whilst it might be nice for BK members to have access to this channel, it cannot possibly be said to have any monetary value, and is simply an incentive provided by some members of an alliance to other members of that alliance to remain active. Thus it does not violate either the word or the spirit of the rules. 

2/10 for effort on the analogy though.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It would be one thing if the scanlators offered a bonus chapter or something as a one time incentive for people to try out the game. But you tied access to third party goods to continually playing PW by people who clearly were not inclined to do so. That's basically the definition of buying in-game advantage lol. You're trading third party goods/services to get people to give you things in-game they otherwise wouldn't do, as evidenced by all the people staying as inactive tax farms or being confused over losing chapters after not logging in for a while. These aren't new players who were recruited through the scans server, these are human bots paid in chapters to flood the game.

1. Breakin' the law to fund muh nation sim alliance. Nias
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you'd read the report, you'll see that when they all joined the game the answer I got was that they were an anime community and they all joined because of a ping in an anime server.

What actually happened was that a manhwa that was listed on another Discord server, called Hidden Wonderland, was removed and put under restricted access in the GPWC only for people who signed up and created a P&W nation. They then told these new players to setup farm builds and do nothing but login once every 15 days. The guides on NPO's website explicitly stated that they would receive access to the manhwa in exchange.

I dug through a lot of evidence to get this right.

I joined the game to be a tax farm. I'm still a tax farm.

I was stupid enough, not to get people to sign up for another game or the likes, but that's on me. Getting access to something like a comic is the worst BS I've ever seen. And yes, I've looked at the report (didn't bother looking at 23 pages of screenshots).

When Green was banned, he was paying people irl money for in-game money. With this, you're basically saying that we, as communities, can never ask for anything in return or offer anything in return.

I'm a 1000% certain, that you could find that comic in another way if you wanted.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

3 minutes ago, Batavus said:

Eviscerated? They still have 125 members in NPO, large allies - and no doubt still have plenty billions?
Why eviscerated?

Their upper gov is gone 

Granted they will no doubt attempt to hold power despite having no nations but it's still one hell of a blow to NPO. Particularly since upper gov in NPO holds a lot more influence internally in comparison to the influence of upper gov in other alliances.

Upper gov gone, 80 bill gone and a large source of continual funding gone. It's not exactly a light blow.

Untitled.png

Guest Dalmasca
Just now, Itachi said:

You only get banned if you break the rules, eh. Who would have known?

So how are you still here then?

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Feel free to reiterate your rebuttal in public then. I *will* read it carefully.

It may come as a surprise to people familiar only with my IC activity, but I'm not actually 'happy' about this situation. Whatever this is, it's far and away beyond the war... which is unfortunate, since the war was honestly starting to turn around due to purely in-game efforts. (Yes, it was, don't deny that.)

Point I'm trying to make here is, moderation efforts have to be consistent and forthright, regardless of whose 'side' it 'benefits', since nobody benefits from bad moderation and everybody (at least outside of copyright pirates, character assassins, hackers, accusation abusers, cheaters and worse) benefits from good moderation. So, if this moderation is bad, show that. If this moderation is good... then which are you?

As far as the tax farm claims go me and Kris compiled literally the entire bank history of GWPC to demonstrate that the interaction between NPO and GWPC was less than 10% of just the monetary value GWPC moved around internally. It was clearly an appropriate relationship for a protectorate and feeder alliance 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Please do not say I am the only one who find it funny that BK, NPO, GOONs reported people for cheating publicly complained and labelled people as cheaters when the whole time they was cheating or benefiting from cheaters lol

2 minutes ago, Dalmasca said:

Why waste your time with baseball when you can just get the game banned

Do you care at all about the rules of the game?
Is your excuse "free Manga doesn't count as a commercial good"?
Or do you prefer another excuse?

7 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Hahaha this same rhetoric happens with every game change. Things will go on just as they have. Thanks for helping uncover this shit show Alex. I always wondered how they got so many nations so quickly. RIP BK and NPO hahahahaha!

This'll get me another strike from Alex, but I don't really care.

I didn't join the game to be with BK, or NPO. I honestly had no idea who they were for a good half a year to a quarter of a year into my time in the game. I joined the game because I saw an add for it on facebook, or twitter, or whatever, and when I joined, I did so as a member of a Micro called The Blackstone Legion. BK and NPO had nothing to do with me back then. It was after that I joined Pantheon, and I still had nothing to do with BK and NPO. I was in Pantheon for 205 days, before Serephiel down and I disagreed with the choice of leadership, so I joined BK. Out of my 626 days on this game, less than a year of it has been with BK, so I do welcome you trying to use all five of your brain cells in celebration of the game being killed.

• Haha 1

• Alex locked this topic