2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

Just now, Alex said:

I am being lenient, because my intention is not to be partisan or to destroy NPO / their coalition.

Isn't the most non-partisan action you can take to enforce rules equally regardless of side?

For example when Nova cheated the people proven to be involved were permanently banned if I recall correctly. Shouldn't the same thing be done here now that another side has done it?

• Upvote 4

C0r3Fye.png

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Senry asked me in November (in a conversation I didn't think much about) what my "gut reaction" would be to a situation similar to this one. He did not state that it was actually happening (and had been by that point for 2 months.) I did not "okay" anything, or know that they were trading access to manhwa for people who had no interest in the game setting up tax farming nations and literally being told not to play the game.

Just quoting this since it will be entirely ignored by everybody who got punished. 

It is the heart of the matter.

Just being curious, is the core issue that they were creating a bunch of inactive tax farms or the fact that they were restricting access to manhwa based on people playing pnw or both?
Anyways, thanks for bothering with doing a thorough track down of evidence before making a decision and presenting all of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

3 minutes ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

Sad that it has come to this. I understand rules were broken and punishment has to be meted out to the offenders, but it's never a good thing when an alliance is basically eviscerated.

Saying that, you reap what you sow.

Eviscerated? They still have 125 members in NPO, large allies - and no doubt still have plenty billions?
Why eviscerated?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tarroc said:

Enjoy having a staggering percentage of your game leave, dumbass. I'll take the penalty for swearing at the game admin. Half of the damn game is gonna leave over this. You wield your admin abilities and moderation like a weapon, then expect people to stay and keep PAYING YOU MONEY to keep this shit game going? You're an idiot.

Are you going to leave?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Tarroc said:

Enjoy having a staggering percentage of your game leave, dumbass. I'll take the penalty for swearing at the game admin. Half of the damn game is gonna leave over this. You wield your admin abilities and moderation like a weapon, then expect people to stay and keep PAYING YOU MONEY to keep this shit game going? You're an idiot.

Hahaha this same rhetoric happens with every game change. Things will go on just as they have. Thanks for helping uncover this shit show Alex. I always wondered how they got so many nations so quickly. RIP BK and NPO hahahahaha!

7 minutes ago, Cinomoo said:

Wait, you think they will come back after 6 months? that's cute.

Many of the people that were banned for 6 months have been playing nation sims for 10 years. In fact, Keshav justified intentionally driving people out of the game by saying he didn't want to find himself with regret 10 years from now. 

So yes, I worry that this is a slap on the wrist and the benefit they got from the alleged cheating outweighs this 6 month ban. 

• Upvote 3

C0r3Fye.png

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Alex said:

I am being lenient, because my intention is not to be partisan or to destroy NPO / their coalition.

I think that ship has sailed there champ.  If you expect our coalition to stick around and continue generating revenue for you after such a woefully incompetent and biased decision, you're sadly mistaken.

Enjoy whatever ends up remaining for your player base.

Just now, Tim Stark said:

What an irresponsible use of Administrative Power.

What an irresponsible way of ignoring game rules.
And yes - it's not just gift-cards and steam games, Manga also counts.

In addition to limits on Credit usage, it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

21 minutes ago, JT Jag said:

Several people went over your "evidence" and rebutted it point by point before you posted the thread. Don't act like it didn't happen.

Feel free to reiterate your rebuttal in public then. I *will* read it carefully.

It may come as a surprise to people familiar only with my IC activity, but I'm not actually 'happy' about this situation. Whatever this is, it's far and away beyond the war... which is unfortunate, since the war was honestly starting to turn around due to purely in-game efforts. (Yes, it was, don't deny that.)

Point I'm trying to make here is, moderation efforts have to be consistent and forthright, regardless of whose 'side' it 'benefits', since nobody benefits from bad moderation and everybody (at least outside of copyright pirates, character assassins, hackers, accusation abusers, cheaters and worse) benefits from good moderation. So, if this moderation is bad, show that. If this moderation is good... then which are you?

1 minute ago, Batavus said:

Eviscerated? They still have 125 members in NPO, large allies - and no doubt still have plenty billions?
Why eviscerated?

Because most of their government including their leader and 2ic just got keked for 6 months. 

Alex LITERALLY decapitated the head of the snake.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, japan77 said:

Just being curious, is the core issue that they were creating a bunch of inactive tax farms or the fact that they were restricting access to manhwa based on people playing pnw or both?
Anyways, thanks for bothering with doing a thorough track down of evidence before making a decision and presenting all of it.

They exchanged access to the manhwa for the generation of resources in-game. That's a violation of the rule on trading in-game things for out-of-game things.

We know that this happened because they restricted access to the manhwa unless people signed up, joined P&W, and complete a farm build. In many cases, they told the players to do nothing but login regularly after that and send their daily login bonus money to the alliance bank. When players fell out of compliance (wrong color, inactive, wrong build) they were forced to fix their nations (become taxable again) before they'd regain access to the manhwa.

It's a clear quid pro quo which is a violation of the rule.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just now, Curufinwe said:

I think that ship has sailed there champ.  If you expect our coalition to stick around and continue generating revenue for you after such a woefully incompetent and biased decision, you're sadly mistaken.

Enjoy whatever ends up remaining for your player base.

Have you even bothered reading the game rules?

In addition to limits on Credit usage, it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

• Alex locked this topic