2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

2 minutes ago, Godwinson said:

I can tell you know nothing about Alex's 'policy' on the game. Blink was punished even though he shouldn't have been punished: he had played the game for a long time and benefited from nothing yet his nation was deleted. Speaking about what you know about would help make what you say more accurate. 

still was he not associated with a cheater? A cheater in which he bypassed the game mechanics with someone else sending aid and ON SAME IP

Edited by Sigma

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Codonian said:

I'm one of the few that have seen the most recent conversation you held with NPO in it's entirety, you handled the situation piss poor when it was CLEAR that he was asking you originally if that would be fine, to which you said it would be a mechanics issue, not a moderation one.

You're the god damn admin of the game, your gut reaction should be your official stance. 

I've posted the entire logs of that conversation for everyone to see, publicly. It's linked to in the official report document.

Again, even if that had been an official response, that question was asked in late November, 2 months after GPWC had already been formed and this had already been ongoing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I've posted the entire logs of that conversation for everyone to see, publicly. It's linked to in the official report document.

Again, even if that had been an official response, that question was asked in late November, 2 months after GPWC had already been formed and this had already been ongoing.

Okay so they asked 2 months after they did it... you're responding 5 months after they did it.

Amazing admin skills Alex.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Even the timing of that screenshot doesn't make sense - GPWC was formed in August, that screenshot is from November. Aside from the fact that it's vague and does not state what specifically was going on in GPWC (and had been for 2 months), asking for permissions for breaking the rules after the fact isn't okay either.

So you're the only person around the game, who didn't see what happened the day the alliance appeared? Thousands of players appear, and you never think "I wonder what caused this..." -- when they later reach out, you're not telling them "You know, this really isn't OK..."

As I stated before, I wasn't a fan from the moment they appeared, as I knew they'd be skewering the balance of the game but this? This is worse. FAR worse.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

• Administrators
Just now, Codonian said:

Okay so they asked 2 months after they did it... you're responding 5 months after they did it.

Amazing admin skills Alex.

Again, the question was asked theoretically. They didn't state "hey, we've been doing this specific thing, is it okay?"

Surely you can understand there's a difference between hypothetical, vague scenarios and specific events.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I haven't reviewed the information yet but if this is true 6 months seems like a lenient punishment considering the permanent bans that have been handed out in the past.

Why was that not the case here for such massive fraud? @Alex

• Upvote 4

C0r3Fye.png

Just now, Alex said:

Again, the question was asked theoretically. They didn't state "hey, we've been doing this specific thing, is it okay?"

Surely you can understand there's a difference between hypothetical, vague scenarios and specific events.

Surely you can understand that if someone is asking about it, and you give them the "gut feeling" okay, you should PROBABLY get some clarification on the situation then, and not 3 months after that?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alex said:

So you are saying this was a gut feeling, shouldn't you be held to that 'gut feeling' and be accountable for this 'gut feeling' since as an admin you should be held up to that word as the admin?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smith said:

I haven't reviewed the information yet but if this is true 6 months seems like a lenient punishment considering the permanent bans that have been handed out in the past.

Wait, you think they will come back after 6 months? that's cute.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I wasn't responding to a claim about whether their was a violation or not (there was), this was a claim that the $850m / day figure was incorrect.

It was a response to a claim that they were not, in fact, generating $850m / day in taxes for NPO's offshore bank.

I'm sorry, but giving people access to a comic online that has no commercial value is not a rules violation.  If it is a rules violation, then sharing my vacation photos of my trip to Idaho last year or my Star Wars fanfic with members of my alliance exclusively would be a rules violation.  Playing as someone who essentially just farms money and resources for others is not a rules violation--not even if it is being done systematically.  Otherwise, you should be deleting a whole lot more people.

As I said, you are angry about your perception that the spirit of the rules were being violated.  That's no reason to harshly punish anyone.  If it really bugged you, change the rules instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Smith said:

I am being lenient, because my intention is not to be partisan or to destroy NPO / their coalition.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic