2/5/2020 - Major Announcement Regarding Enforcement of Game Rules

Alex

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's not true. It's trivial for me to sum up the tax records for GPWC nations, you can see for yourself:

image.png

Calculating resource values:

image.png

Alex, this literally proves *nothing* except that GPWC produces a lot of taxes.

• Upvote 1

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

• Administrators
Just now, George Clooney said:

Too bad none of that actually proves a rules violation.

I wasn't responding to a claim about whether their was a violation or not (there was), this was a claim that the $850m / day figure was incorrect.

Just now, JT Jag said:

Alex, this literally proves *nothing* except that GPWC produces a lot of taxes.

It was a response to a claim that they were not, in fact, generating $850m / day in taxes for NPO's offshore bank.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 minutes ago, King Olafr of the Faroes said:

The entire fricking case was laid out for you Alex.

This is literally the dumbest shit I've ever seen ANYONE do in ANY game I've EVER played.

What if I tell you, that BK has a channel that is only accessible if you're active every day in P&W, where there's lots of cat pictures? You gonna ban BK too? WE HAZ CAT PICTURZ!

I believe the point of contention is that cat pictures have no real monetary value to them. What they were being given in GPWC did, and may not have been attainable, or easily attainable otherwise.

I haven't actually looked at the evidence myself yet so I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of anything. Still processing the shock of seeing most of NPO gov get struck down...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alex said:

Senry asked me in November (in a conversation I didn't think much about) what my "gut reaction" would be to a situation similar to this one. He did not state that it was actually happening (and had been by that point for 2 months.) I did not "okay" anything, or know that they were trading access to manhwa for people who had no interest in the game setting up tax farming nations and literally being told not to play the game.

I've played a lot of games in my time, but I have to admit, I've never seen an idiot as large as you with a heavier hand than you. Shame on you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd just like to add, that despite they're "on my side", I don't actually agree with how the Guinea Pig Farm thing was set up. But Alex okay'ed it, the least he could do is reach out to the same people who reached out to him and tell them that he's decided it's not alright and that changes (or whatever) needs to be made.

This is like telling everyone it's OK to light bonfires, then you find out fire might spread and it's dangerous, so you make it illegal and then punish everyone who's had a bonfire previously... Jeeez.

• Upvote 4

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Senry asked me in November (in a conversation I didn't think much about) what my "gut reaction" would be to a situation similar to this one. He did not state that it was actually happening (and had been by that point for 2 months.) I did not "okay" anything, or know that they were trading access to manhwa for people who had no interest in the game setting up tax farming nations and literally being told not to play the game.

I'm one of the few that have seen the most recent conversation you held with NPO in it's entirety, you handled the situation piss poor when it was CLEAR that he was asking you originally if that would be fine, to which you said it would be a mechanics issue, not a moderation one.

You're the god damn admin of the game, your gut reaction should be your official stance. 

Edited by Codonian
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sigma said:

Quick ideas off my mind: so as long as your associated with a known cheater you should be banned. Yet u reversed ur policy on that for @blink.  U ignored slot filling, but come after this? Nice impartialness.

I can tell you know nothing about Alex's 'policy' on the game. Blink was punished even though he shouldn't have been punished: he had played the game for a long time and benefited from nothing yet his nation was deleted. Speaking about what you know about would help make what you say more accurate. 

New Project.jpg

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's not true. It's trivial for me to sum up the tax records for GPWC nations, you can see for yourself:

image.png

Calculating resource values:

image.png

What percentage of GWPC’s wealth went to NPO, you moron? Because internal transactions not counting any out of alliance bank transactions were literally 10 times the GWPC- NPO bank transactions 

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I believe the point of contention is that cat pictures have no real monetary value to them. What they were being given in GPWC did, and may not have been attainable, or easily attainable otherwise.

I haven't actually looked at the evidence myself yet so I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of anything. Still processing the shock of seeing most of NPO gov get struck down...

Without knowing the "field", I'm entirely sure you can find anything you want on the interwebs. The difference here sounds like someone just did the job.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

Just now, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Just despicable of NPO but with their conduct these past few months this doesnt even surprise me that they would stoop to such levels to win the game. While i have some reservations on the leniency taken here, I am appreciative that action was taken on the lying, cheating perpetrators of this despicable action.

*lying, cheating, and salty cheating perpetrators

1 minute ago, Sisyphus said:

A content creator exercising out-of-game influence for in-game rewards is exactly what that rule is in place for. 

If BK was exercising influence by withholding or offering access to those cat pictures unless someone outside of this game signed up and played and did so according to BK's expectations then, yes, I imagine BK would face similar consequences. 

We have cat pictures you can't see 'cause you're not BK.

HAH!

• Alex locked this topic