problems with file attachments

MaliciousOnion

good morning

it's come to my attention that there's an issue with the attachment function of the forums.

currently there's an upload limit of 500 kB per user, which is clearly shown whenever uploading new attachments. while annoying, this is an understandable restriction. once a user hits their 500 kB cap, the only way to add more attachments is to go back to old posts and remove attachments from them. normally this would be fine; however there are a couple of restrictions that make this practise impossible.

firstly, if a post is hidden (e.g. the moderator practice of hiding "off topic" posts in no-discussion forums) then there's no way to edit the post to remove the attachments

secondly, if a thread is locked (e.g. a completed report thread) then there's no way to edit the post to remove the attachments

in the first instance, it's impossible to know if a post will be hidden, as moderator action differs between mods. in the second instance, users would have to remove their attachments between the time that alex views a report and closes it, which is impossible to predict. so far i've found no other way to remove attachments. the effect of this is that, if a user avails themselves of the provided attachment function, there's a good chance that, over enough time, their capacity to upload attachments will approach zero.

i'm posting in the mod support forum because i'd like some assistance in removing my current attachments

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I've changed the settings, it appears that now you'll have access to a "My Attachments" page where you can delete old attachments at will. Let me know if this doesn't work.

I've also increased the total limit to 5000kB and the per-post limit to 1000kB.

image.png

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link