Dial Up Day 229 It’s Groundhog Day....Again

Kaz

Yup.  It’s day 229 of Dialup.  Attack, defend.  Flash, burn.  Decommission, loot.  Break blockade. Deposit. Manufacture.  Time out.  Attack, defend.  Flash, burn.  Decommission, loot.  Break blockade. Deposit.  Manufacture. Time out.  Attack, defend.  Flash, burn.  Decommission, loot.  Break blockade. Deposit.  Manufacture.  Time out.  

How’re those peace talks progressing? 

3E0E782F-E9FE-41B3-A30A-C6736D00A5AF.jpeg

Edited by Kaz
Misspelling
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, LordInfinitius said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I want this war to be the first year long one.

I’ve thought about that.   At the same time, I’d also like to have a Friday or Saturday night where I can hang with my gf without worrying about getting my day change attacks in.  This one is a stalemate.  Time to put a fork in it and go back to trash talking each other on the forums like days of old.   

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

I’ve thought about that.   At the same time, I’d also like to have a Friday or Saturday night where I can hang with my gf without worrying about getting my day change attacks in.  This one is a stalemate.  Time to put a fork in it and go back to trash talking each other on the forums like days of old.   

You're not being serious are you?

1 hour ago, Singha said:

You're not being serious are you?

People who use Bill Murray memes are usually the most serious.    But with that comment, I have to assume you are in IQ or have ties.   It’s been 2/3 of a year.  Neither side has defeated the other.   Who needs the reality check here?

28 minutes ago, Kaz said:

People who use Bill Murray memes are usually the most serious.    But with that comment, I have to assume you are in IQ or have ties.   It’s been 2/3 of a year.  Neither side has defeated the other.   Who needs the reality check here?

I have no ties to any sides fighting this war. I was only questioning if you was really spending time away from your gf. Is this really straining your relationship irl o.o

Edited by Singha

12 minutes ago, Singha said:

I have no ties to any sides fighting this war. I was only questioning if you was really spending time away from your gf. Is this really straining your relationship irl o.o

Haha. Post is 1/2 tongue in cheek, 1/2 reflecting reality.  I find this war to be both comical and tragic at the same time.   Any rational adult should be able to step back at this point and say....wait, it’s been 229 days....

37 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Haha. Post is 1/2 tongue in cheek, 1/2 reflecting reality.  I find this war to be both comical and tragic at the same time.   Any rational adult should be able to step back at this point and say....wait, it’s been 229 days....

I hope it stops soon.

I played a very p2w mmorpg game back in the day and a constant state of warfare was very real between two sides (This was an open world pvp game). Yes there was a neutral faction but for the most part both sides never really talked to each other or tried to achieve peace, it was very toxic with a lot of doxing and cyberbullying. Good people quit because they couldn't exit the war and were constantly hunted down, friendships were destroyed if they switched sides, and well overall the game pretty much died because of it.

The war lasted for 5 to 6 years. The domination by either side shifted every so often but the winning alliance would KoS the entire other side, new member or not. Neutral alliances were constantly being coerced to join the war (though were constantly being called cowards for not participating in a war that wasn't their fight). Cheating, botting, and hacking were also used by both sides. Propaganda that I see in this game was heavily used in a similar fashion.

tl;dr: Lets hope you guys hug it out sooner or later and not be stuck in a constant state of war. 

Edited by Singha

5 hours ago, Kaz said:

Yup.  It’s day 229 of Dialup.  Attack, defend.  Flash, burn.  Decommission, loot.  Break blockade. Deposit. Manufacture.  Time out.  Attack, defend.  Flash, burn.  Decommission, loot.  Break blockade. Deposit.  Manufacture. Time out.  Attack, defend.  Flash, burn.  Decommission, loot.  Break blockade. Deposit.  Manufacture.  Time out.  

3E0E782F-E9FE-41B3-A30A-C6736D00A5AF.jpeg

And another thread baiting more arguments about peace talks that never happen, in a channel that doesn't exist to people that don't want it to end because of their desire to fulfill endless grudges for actions done years ago.

Is this what hell feels like?

Edited by Deulos
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kaz said:

I have no inside access but I am not holding my breath.  I think both sides are in this for the very, very long haul. 

Having said that, I think the number of players participating will continue to shrink by leaving for neutral alliances or quitting the game all together. 

Eventually it might be like 100 people on both sides throwing rocks at each other. 

1 hour ago, AkAk said:

Eventually it might be like 100 people on both sides throwing rocks at each other.

Lmao. Reminds me of the Onion video of the news in 2137 where the one remaining Israeli and one remaining Palestinian are fighting over the Gaza Strip.

• Haha 2

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

12 hours ago, Kaz said:

I frequently don't log in for 2-3 days at a time. It's okay. The war effort won't be undermined because you wanna bone your girlfriend.

new_forum_sig_2.png

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

I frequently don't log in for 2-3 days at a time. It's okay. The war effort won't be undermined because you wanna bone your girlfriend.

Comments like these undermine the war effort!

• Haha 3

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.