"Fairness in banking" rule clarifications?

Sir Scarfalot

So, the rule "In instances where trades and banks are used to funnel money and/or resources from one nation to another, where one nation has no intention to continue playing the game is a bannable offense[sic]" confuses me. Is that meant to

A. deny people from rerolling for spamming referral/early beige through constant burners,

B. deny people from sending stuff to themselves with their own reroll, 

C. deny older players from being allowed to bequeath their stuff before deleting entirely,

or a combination of the three? And surely there's nothing wrong with C in the first place?

The grammar is atrocious in either case and that really undercuts the clarity of the rule.

This is entirely too broad, both in scope and language. It's intended use was probably to catch multis, but this really negatively limits player options.

From personal experience, I'm guilty of breaking this rules a year ago when I went into VM, unsure if I was coming back. 

• Administrators
On 1/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

So, the rule "In instances where trades and banks are used to funnel money and/or resources from one nation to another, where one nation has no intention to continue playing the game is a bannable offense[sic]" confuses me. Is that meant to

A. deny people from rerolling for spamming referral/early beige through constant burners,

B. deny people from sending stuff to themselves with their own reroll, 

C. deny older players from being allowed to bequeath their stuff before deleting entirely,

or a combination of the three? And surely there's nothing wrong with C in the first place?

The grammar is atrocious in either case and that really undercuts the clarity of the rule.

The intention of the rule is to prevent people from making multis to send the starting money to other people. Because sometimes people are clever enough to make multis using VPNs and such, never violating the same-network rule, they would otherwise be allowed to get away with this (make a bunch of accounts, send all the money to one nation, never log in again.)

So, yes, it's to deal with A.

B is not against the rules so long as you're not using multis to do so (i.e. creating your second nation, transferring funds from first nation to second nation, then deleting first nation.) but that's covered under the no-multiple-nations rule.

C won't get you in trouble, I generally have no issue with older, established nations giving money/rss to other nations. (Now, if someone "bought" an account, sent all the funds to their main, and then deleted the "bought" account that would be against the rules, or other such unique circumstances, but in general, no, not against the rules.)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link