Space projects addon's

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Hello @Alex

I was looking on the test server at the new space projects will go over them one by one and give my views, and things I believe would improve the projects.

Space Program is a national project that enables the construction of further space-related national projects. The Space Program also allows your nation to construct up to 2 Missiles per day (instead of the base rate of 1 / day with the Missile Launch Pad National Project.) uranium.png 20,000
oil.png 20,000
iron.png 10,000
gasoline.png 5,000
steel.png 1,000
aluminum.png 1,000
money.png 40,000,000

As I am sure many here will agree, that's a huge cost for very little in return, this will just be something whales get as they have nothing else to get, I understand this is a must for the other two projects that I will cover, but I do think this is pretty worthless on its own. however its a gate way in to the the space program so i get it.

I feel this project should enable Radar, so defending ground units can be pre-warned of incoming attacks, this would increase the amount of losses the attacking nation takes as we all know a planed fortified position is very hard to overcome, it would also enable ground units to target planes. (clearly there has to be a balance, but I would say your troops can kill 0.001% of its total numbers, so if you have 100,000 troops and someone orders an plane attack you can kill up to 100 planes, but would kill no less than  0.0005% totalling 50 planes) 

Spy Satellite is a national project that enables your nation to train an additional spy per day. It increases the damages from successful espionage operations by 50% and decreases the cost of espionage operations by 20%. Requires the Space Program National Project to build. Oil 10,000
iron.png 10,000
lead.png 10,000
Bauxite 10,000
Uranium 10,000
money.png 20,000,000

This space project I do think is good and I like it

Moon Landing is a national project that puts astronauts from your nation onto the lunar surface. This project does not benefit your nation competitively, but is a prestigious accomplishment for your nation's space program. Requires the Space Program National Project to build. This national project cannot be destroyed. Oil 5,000
Munitions 5,000
gasoline.png 5,000
steel.png 1,000
aluminum.png 1,000
Uranium 20,000
money.png 50,000,000

I see maybe five people buying this as it does nothing lol. but this could be improved, with the technology and such it would take to get to space clearly this would have other benefits to every day life, so having this project could enable your Civil building operate as an advanced stage, Such as your Police with with better scanners and cctv will reduce crime by 5%, Hospitals will now run at 3%, Recycling centers index is improved to 100, and due to the improvements in subways it will improve the commerce rate by 10%

I would also add one more project to this collection also.

EMP Satellite cannon is a national project that enables your nation to target a cities power grid, shutting down all buildings that requires power and destroying three improvements that require power. Oil 25,000
gasoline.png 50,000
steel.png 25,000
aluminum.png 25,000
Uranium 200,000
money.png 250,000,000

Unlike nukes, the EMP takes time to charge so can only be used once every 36 turns, it has zero effect on infra levels, Resources, and population, the effect of the EMP lasts between 4 turns to 24 turns as power is slowly restored, during this time improvements such as Civil and Commerce will restore power first, then military and finally Manufacturing.

Before anyone shouts about how these are whale tier projects, you are 100% right they are, there are so many other great projects you should look at getting, and if you are looking at getting in to space and having the effects of space programs then all i can say is start growing, any nation with 20 cities sitting on 2k infra can only have 8 projects out of the 16 we have now. 

Why is it going a Cybernations route? 

What if a project was the ability to hide nation's bank activity for a certain number of days? You can only reveal it by spy ops. 

Emp is a joke lol. 

• Upvote 3

<Dragonk>Like I drink beer, nto it

"You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." 

These are all great expect for Moon Landing (nobody will spend that much on a pixel badge).

EMP Canon from orbit isn't practical in the real world and you need a massive power source to reach cities on Earth. So I'm not seeing the relevance of it. Nukes also knock out power sometimes so most would use that as a conventional cheaper method.

Space program costs about 200 million in cash. Imagine how much less that'll be when prices go down in peace time.

Guest PhantomThiefB

Spy satellite is way too OP. the cost reduction is fine but 50% extra damage? I can sometimes kill off over 120 aircraft with 2 spies. The spy hits will become insane and completely destroy daily rebuys, not that we can't do that already but it'll get real stupid real quick at an extra 50%. Maybe rethink that part, 30% or 25% is probably a better sweet spot for that.

Edited by PhantomThiefB
coherency

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
12 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Spy satellite is way too OP. the cost reduction is fine but 50% extra damage? I can sometimes kill off over 120 aircraft with 2 spies. The spy hits will become insane and completely destroy daily rebuys, not that we can't do that already but it'll get real stupid real quick at an extra 50%. Maybe rethink that part, 30% or 25% is probably a better sweet spot for that.

Think 50% would be fine, most would not be able to buy this project so it would only be a select few, as stated before most alliances have avg of 20 cities and 2k infra this gets you 8 projects if I am not mistaken?, so on that scale its highly unlikely many will have it any time soon.

I know people hate to hear it, but as much as Alex needs to give people a chance to catch up (he did it with the time limit to ten cities) he also have to do things in order to keep the higher tier something to want also.

Guest PhantomThiefB
2 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Think 50% would be fine, most would not be able to buy this project so it would only be a select few, as stated before most alliances have avg of 20 cities and 2k infra this gets you 8 projects if I am not mistaken?, so on that scale its highly unlikely many will have it any time soon.

I know people hate to hear it, but as much as Alex needs to give people a chance to catch up (he did it with the time limit to ten cities) he also have to do things in order to keep the higher tier something to want also.

Your thinking too individually, I work in a collective alliance, this project wouldn't be a problem cost wise. TKR is rich, they could easily afford them too.

Maybe if we're aiming for late game projects put a city cap on it. Example spy satellite requires a minimum of 30+ cities. In which case I'm willing to overlook a 50% damage increase. But still I think it would be easier and more balanced to just lower the extra damage. 50% is extreme dude.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Your thinking too individually, I work in a collective alliance, this project wouldn't be a problem cost wise. TKR is rich, they could easily afford them too.

Maybe if we're aiming for late game projects put a city cap on it. Example spy satellite requires a minimum of 30+ cities. In which case I'm willing to overlook a 50% damage increase. But still I think it would be easier and more balanced to just lower the extra damage. 50% is extreme dude.

I see what you mean, so if it is not a cost issue (I am sure NPO are just as if not more so than TKR) then you are I guess more worried about the effect of being outnumbered as anyone could buy these, my thinking was more towards the fact those not of say 30 cities would lose billion between wars but having these and not a project that improves income and maybe more so if they swapped them in and out. I think we should have some projects that do have a minimum city count such as nuclear research facility and missile launch pad.