Forums Name Leader name mismatch

Wendell

• Administrators

It looks like a moderator has marked their account as "No Matching Nation" until this is corrected per the Forum Rules.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Forum names must match in-game ruler names. You may change your forum name once every 30 days through your profile, or you may request a name change in the Forum Name Change Request forum if yours does not match

My specific evidence regarding this is the rules of the forum as written.

The rules need to be re-written then, because Jazz is following them exactly as written.

Jazz’s forum name matches his in game ruler name. His forum name is Jazz R Oppenheimer.

It doesn’t say anything about the leader field within the forums profile, which is redundant anyway given this rule.

Edited by Zaurg
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zaurg said:

My specific evidence regarding this is the rules of the forum as written.

The rules need to be re-written then, because Jazz is following them exactly as written.

Jazz’s forum name matches his in game ruler name. His forum name is Jazz R Oppenheimer.

It doesn’t say anything about the leader field within the forums profile, which is redundant anyway given this rule.

@Alex you're the one who updated my username to match my nation leader name. I am compliant with the rules. No where in the rules does it start that that must match, in the future I'd suggest adding that to the rule as the rule that states it must match is only visible under the "Edit Profile" button and no where else.

Screenshot_49.png

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

@Alex you're the one who updated my username to match my nation leader name. I am compliant with the rules. No where in the rules does it start that that must match, in the future I'd suggest adding that to the rule as the rule that states it must match is only visible under the "Edit Profile" button and no where else.

Screenshot_49.png

Hm, it appears I was mistaken, I thought that your display name did not match your in-game leader name. I don't care as much about the leader name field.

I'm not sure why someone marked you as "no matching nation." But, in any case, this appears to be resolved.

I see where I made the mistake - there is a second forum account marked as "no matching nation." @Jazz R Oppenheimer your forum account was never marked as "no matching nation", but this account is: https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/profile/8534-do-not-fear-jazz/

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Hm, it appears I was mistaken, I thought that your display name did not match your in-game leader name. I don't care as much about the leader name field.

I'm not sure why someone marked you as "no matching nation." But, in any case, this appears to be resolved.

I see where I made the mistake - there is a second forum account marked as "no matching nation." @Jazz R Oppenheimer your forum account was never marked as "no matching nation", but this account is: https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/profile/8534-do-not-fear-jazz/

In the profile field it does mention that them matching is a requirement fwiw. Jazz is a RP, please check the National RP subforum.

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos