Color Trade Block Bonus gave me 6k on first turn instead of 50k

Cool Bear

What were you doing (or trying to do): Earn 50k revenue in one turn, to pay my power bills, by changing my color from "grey" to "black". I was able to successfully change my color to "black", which matches my alliance, but I did not earn 50k for it on the turn change, so I was short $3 and could not power my cities this turn. This is unfortunate because after the turn change, I started a war under the mistaken impression that I would be able to attack my opponent.

What happened (describe thoroughly please): The revenue page reports that my income just now from the color block bonus was: $6,614

Link to page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/revenue/log/

Any other relevant information: It might be pro-rating the revenue, so that if you changed your color 30 minutes before the turn ticks, you'd only earn $12.5k instead of the full 50k. Does this mean if I bought 10 mines 30 minutes before the turn ticked over, I would earn 1/4 the resource income on the first turn instead of the full amount?

Is this deliberate? If so, it might be good to clarify that in the place where you can choose your color (or on the revenue page or anywhere else prominent).

Screenshot: n/a

8 hours ago, Cool Bear said:

What were you doing (or trying to do): Earn 50k revenue in one turn, to pay my power bills, by changing my color from "grey" to "black". I was able to successfully change my color to "black", which matches my alliance, but I did not earn 50k for it on the turn change, so I was short $3 and could not power my cities this turn. This is unfortunate because after the turn change, I started a war under the mistaken impression that I would be able to attack my opponent.

What happened (describe thoroughly please): The revenue page reports that my income just now from the color block bonus was: $6,614

Link to page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/revenue/log/

Any other relevant information: It might be pro-rating the revenue, so that if you changed your color 30 minutes before the turn ticks, you'd only earn $12.5k instead of the full 50k. Does this mean if I bought 10 mines 30 minutes before the turn ticked over, I would earn 1/4 the resource income on the first turn instead of the full amount?

Is this deliberate? If so, it might be good to clarify that in the place where you can choose your color (or on the revenue page or anywhere else prominent).

Screenshot: n/a

This makes sense because the current turn bonus for black is $6,420 (it probably changed since your report). You can see the turn bonuses for the different colour blocs here: https://politicsandwar.com/leaderboards/display=color

Edited by Zephyr

Oh! I see -- and it's still around 6-7k per turn. Thanks for the link!

So maybe the bug is "on the first turn, you get the standard bonus instead of the '50k for matching your alliance color' bonus"? I've definitely been relying on the bonus being 50k to keep my cities powered.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Cool Bear said:

Oh! I see -- and it's still around 6-7k per turn. Thanks for the link!

So maybe the bug is "on the first turn, you get the standard bonus instead of the '50k for matching your alliance color' bonus"? I've definitely been relying on the bonus being 50k to keep my cities powered.

Everything seems to be working properly.

You were probably just on Beige before, which has a set $50,000 / turn Color Trade Bloc bonus.

image.png

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link