Change/Remove Baseball

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

On 1/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, Dalmasca said:

You seem to be in the minority of people who think baseball has a "massive impact". It also really does seem as if the issue only matters to you since you choose not to spend the time to replicate the results. The point of the matter is that although baseball can be used to generate mass amounts of cash, at the end of the day everyone is given the same capability. Whether they choose to partake in the tedious activity is of their own choice be it for career/life reasons or they have better things to do. 
Does it have a huge impact on the game, perhaps, but is it fair for all, yes.
Does having an untouchable city 38 nation in your alliance have a massive impact on the game, ofcourse it does, but that doesnt mean its not fair.

Lol I mean he is Elijah Mika- Bjorn Ironside after all ahem

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, Peeled Turnip(Havgle) said:

Lol I mean he is Elijah Mika- Bjorn Ironside after all ahem

what does that mean do not be jelly 

On 1/25/2020 at 12:29 AM, Dalmasca said:

You seem to be in the minority of people who think baseball has a "massive impact". It also really does seem as if the issue only matters to you since you choose not to spend the time to replicate the results. The point of the matter is that although baseball can be used to generate mass amounts of cash, at the end of the day everyone is given the same capability. Whether they choose to partake in the tedious activity is of their own choice be it for career/life reasons or they have better things to do. 
Does it have a huge impact on the game, perhaps, but is it fair for all, yes.
Does having an untouchable city 38 nation in your alliance have a massive impact on the game, ofcourse it does, but that doesnt mean its not fair.

Was not untouchable until you turned on your only whale allies and lied to many others, lets not forget anyone can get to city 38 or soon city 40,

Guest Dalmasca
51 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Was not untouchable until you turned on your only whale allies and lied to many others, lets not forget anyone can get to city 38 or soon city 40,

Right, but we cant allow people to use baseball to eventually reach whale status because it would be faster than what it took you. That looks pretty greasy my friend.

5 minutes ago, Dalmasca said:

Right, but we cant allow people to use baseball to eventually reach whale status because it would be faster than what it took you. That looks pretty greasy my friend.

It is hilarious that EJ the guy that built his nation on winning obscene amounts of money from Keno, is complaining about people using side games to make extra money.  The complete lack of self awareness has been noted since the OP.

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, Emperor Ice said:

An interesting proposal. I saw your suggestion earlier, but I'm not sure exactly what you're proposing.

He's implying, make it so whales can smash people using baseball as a means to counter whales.

NvtUYUD.png?2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
7 hours ago, Dalmasca said:

The fastest growth nation is Vein, with 31 cities in about 400 days and from what i know has never played baseball, 

You can play the game and catch up quickly, baseball was only meant to be a side game to pass the time not effect game play.

7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

It is hilarious that EJ the guy that built his nation on winning obscene amounts of money from Keno, is complaining about people using side games to make extra money.  The complete lack of self awareness has been noted since the OP.

I told Alex Keno was broken, and look it was finally removed?, I have not asked for anyone who has made cash from baseball to have the cash taken have I?

Guest Dalmasca
14 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

I told Alex Keno was broken, and look it was finally removed?, I have not asked for anyone who has made cash from baseball to have the cash taken have I?

He only removed it after you collected an insane amount of cash from it. Everyone knows that you knew you probably wouldn't get lucky the same way in the near future since people don't usually get win big twice. The best thing to do is to stop anyone else from doing the same as you. It doesn't matter if you had said anything about it to Alex before your winnings, it still looks bad coming from you. 

Theres a slight difference in making billions from a side game as compared to millions. I don't think you are incapable of understanding that (Im saying that cause enough people are trying to point the argument out to you), instead I think you're just deflecting the argument all together. 

Give the money back, don't give it back, it doesn't matter. People just don't like to be told what to do from someone who can't follow their own advice.

An example could be if I were to find the Jackpot Lottery numbers via fortune cookies and spend tons of money until I win big (real case scenario here) and immediately after winning I do all in my power to stop it from happening again. Although not illegal, it's still a scummy thing to do, especially if I go around trying to stop similar loop holes.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 2/5/2020 at 2:55 AM, Dalmasca said:

He only removed it after you collected an insane amount of cash from it. Everyone knows that you knew you probably wouldn't get lucky the same way in the near future since people don't usually get win big twice. The best thing to do is to stop anyone else from doing the same as you. It doesn't matter if you had said anything about it to Alex before your winnings, it still looks bad coming from you. 

Theres a slight difference in making billions from a side game as compared to millions. I don't think you are incapable of understanding that (Im saying that cause enough people are trying to point the argument out to you), instead I think you're just deflecting the argument all together. 

Give the money back, don't give it back, it doesn't matter. People just don't like to be told what to do from someone who can't follow their own advice.

An example could be if I were to find the Jackpot Lottery numbers via fortune cookies and spend tons of money until I win big (real case scenario here) and immediately after winning I do all in my power to stop it from happening again. Although not illegal, it's still a scummy thing to do, especially if I go around trying to stop similar loop holes.

Said it before i won big i might add

My assumption is that the staff have bigger things to deal with at the moment and probably for the next few weeks.

But Baseball should probably be addressed at some point.  I am in favor of reducing it's impact but do not feel a total removal is necessary.  Switching from a game cap per day to a smaller game cap per 2-hour tick I think would be a really good approach that works both ways, limiting abuse but also encouraging people to visit the game multiple times per day.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg