Change/Remove Baseball

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

9 hours ago, Who Me said:

He's already nerfed it twice. You people that keep wanting baseball removed from the game are being very short sighted. Removing baseball will probably crash the economy of the game. Without the money baseball puts into the game a lot of people would not be able to keep fighting, building cities, buying infra and all the other stuff they need to keep fighting. There would also be much less money being spent on the trade markets so they would probably crash as well. So even the people not fighting would be affected. This isn't like the whole treasure thing. There are a finite number of treasures available at any one time in the game but everyone can play baseball if the wish.

Seven months into a probably endless war that is likely hurting the game, and your argument is that, without baseball, certain parties couldn't maintain fighting an endless war that is bad for the game.  Huh.

Edited by HeroofTime55
  • Upvote 2

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Seven months into a probably endless war that is likely hurting the game, and your argument is that, without baseball, certain parties couldn't maintain fighting an endless war that is bad for the game.  Huh.

It has been a big precedent that the mechanics of the game should allow players who are the underdog/outnumbered etc can fight back in wars. Things such as beige and baseball allow this to happen. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Frawley
20 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

It's not totally untrue about a catch up mechanic, there is none in CN, and NPO there cheated their way to the top of the game.

Got any evidence for that wild accusation.  NPO got to the top of that game because we were better organised and disciplined than our opponents.

9 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Considering what NPO domination has done to CN and that this war is exactly what they are trying to do here? I would say that having baseball around to help people keep fighting is a very good thing. Having another pile of shit that CN has become is not something anyone other than NPO or Goons would want.

5 hours ago, Frawley said:

Got any evidence for that wild accusation.  NPO got to the top of that game because we were better organised and disciplined than our opponents.

While you may have been better organized and disciplined than your opponents, you were and are the biggest backstabbing paranoid !@#$ in the world there and will no doubt try and do the same thing here.

10 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Considering what NPO domination has done to CN and that this war is exactly what they are trying to do here? I would say that having baseball around to help people keep fighting is a very good thing. Having another pile of shit that CN has become is not something anyone other than NPO or Goons would want.

While you may have been better organized and disciplined than your opponents, you were and are the biggest backstabbing paranoid !@#$ in the world there and will no doubt try and do the same thing here.

Yeah, no.

CN was harmed secondarily by people becoming apathetic and inactive (this trend long predated NPO's supposed destruction of the game), and primarily by crappy mechanics (tech in particular) as well as the rampant cheating incentivized by them and disregarded for years by CN's moderation (specifically multi rings farming tech).

NPO was one of the loudest voices opposing that type of cheating and played a prominent role in the outcry which precipitated a change in moderation practices towards a harsher, more punitive line on tech spawned by multi nations. Incidentally, the player accusing us of cheating over there (despite there being no evidence to support that claim) signed NPO's demands to the CN mods.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It has been a big precedent that the mechanics of the game should allow players who are the underdog/outnumbered etc can fight back in wars. Things such as beige and baseball allow this to happen. 

In theory allow it to happen, in practice they are either not used for that or are completely ineffective. Find a better argument.

6 hours ago, Frawley said:

We can rehash the argument had on the CN forums if you like.  But it has to do with the mod team (mostly NPO members) giving NPO a pass on your "landing program" while not allowing others to do the same thing.  Mod sanctioned cheating.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

To elaborate:  Some idiot members of NPO were bragging about their alleged war prowess and bragging that they got to grow so big "through wars and battles."  Well, one player decided to check up on Carnivore (stats going back to ~2013) and discovered that these "wars and battles" were NPO vs NPO, where some nations would set themselves up fat with land and tech, and allow the other nations to hit them and raid these resources to balloon themselves to massive levels.  NPO went radio silent for like a week after being exposed.  Their eventual defense for such actions was "the mod team gave us permission when we asked," which is strange, because other alliances were not allowed to engage in the same activities, raiding departing members on their way out.  In game warnings were handed out to others for such practice.  But somehow, NPO got a free pass.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with most mod staff there being NPO members.

And that's what NPO does.  Politics doesn't really belong in this forum I think, but as an entity, there is no rule which NPO won't seek to bend or break in their favor.  That's just a sad fact.

And you're damn right I signed that demand to the CN mods years ago - I despise cheating in all of it's forms, without regard as to whether or not it is providing an advantage to NPO. 

• Upvote 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

Guest Frawley
56 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

To elaborate:  Some idiot members of NPO were bragging about their alleged war prowess and bragging that they got to grow so big "through wars and battles."  Well, one player decided to check up on Carnivore (stats going back to ~2013) and discovered that these "wars and battles" were NPO vs NPO, where some nations would set themselves up fat with land and tech, and allow the other nations to hit them and raid these resources to balloon themselves to massive levels.  NPO went radio silent for like a week after being exposed.  Their eventual defense for such actions was "the mod team gave us permission when we asked," which is strange, because other alliances were not allowed to engage in the same activities, raiding departing members on their way out.  In game warnings were handed out to others for such practice.  But somehow, NPO got a free pass.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with most mod staff there being NPO members.

And that's what NPO does.  Politics doesn't really belong in this forum I think, but as an entity, there is no rule which NPO won't seek to bend or break in their favor.  That's just a sad fact.

And you're damn right I signed that demand to the CN mods years ago - I despise cheating in all of it's forms, without regard as to whether or not it is providing an advantage to NPO. 

We didn't win CN because of the LANd Party haha, we won because we generated 7m more tech units over 2 years than the next best alliance.  The Land event happened once, as you say was cleared by Mods, and the reason it was cleared was because it was identical to what DBDC had been doing for months, as that was who we pointed to regarding why it should be legal.  Additionally it was done outside conflict (no slot filling issues), and at great great expense to the nations involved, I was a land generator myself and it set me back easily 10b in cash.  As far as I am aware, any alliance is permitted to do the exact same thing as we did so long as they meet the same criteria.

Guest PhantomThiefB
14 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

This is so ironic for me in so many ways. I literally said basically the same thing to the OP of this topic a few days ago. ?

On 1/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, Who Me said:

nation shouldn't be able to build thousands of tanks, hundreds of planes and ships and recruit tens of thousands of soldiers every day for months on end either.

Weeeeeeellllllllll... 

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/26482-orbis-vs-real-world-military-production-a-bad-analysis/

Love you

Do we really need to argue about CN history in this thread?

On 1/25/2020 at 7:42 PM, Edward I said:

That's incorrect. The total net profit from baseball is roughly $60 billion, yes, but that wasn't all generated yesterday. It's spent at the same average rate as all other money in the nations in which it is generated, which means that most of it has been spent already over long stretches of time. The relevant number to compare it with would be the total money generated by all other economic activity since baseball was added as a feature.

Pretty much all of the 120 mill I've made off baseball was used to upgrade players or buy shit to help me blow up other people's shit.

It's also possible to make millions a day trading resources.  As I said earlier in this thread, I day traded resources as a smaller nation it boosted my income by at least 10-20% and it's part of the reason I'm in the whale tier now.  Donating to get 10 credits every month yields 200 mill+ per month.  In peace time that's a way better investment than baseball if we're looking at just time: I can make enough to buy 10 credits driving Uber/Lyft for 2-3 hours.

Edited by Azaghul
  • Haha 1
GnWq7CW.png

On 1/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, Frawley said:

We didn't win CN because of the LANd Party haha, we won because we generated 7m more tech units over 2 years than the next best alliance.  The Land event happened once, as you say was cleared by Mods, and the reason it was cleared was because it was identical to what DBDC had been doing for months, as that was who we pointed to regarding why it should be legal.  Additionally it was done outside conflict (no slot filling issues), and at great great expense to the nations involved, I was a land generator myself and it set me back easily 10b in cash.  As far as I am aware, any alliance is permitted to do the exact same thing as we did so long as they meet the same criteria.

Ah, so you actually did try Mecha Godzilla. Shame I never got word of it.

===

DBDC got where it was by raiding cowards in the upper tier who were scared for their nations, and would end up signing ceasefires to get DBDC to go away and ending up getting voluntarily raided for tech in return for some kind of payment.

I had a concept called Mecha Godzilla wherein you could clone the technique under controlled circumstances and at a higher scale, with coordinating and cooperative fighters.

And yeah, NPO had amazingly strong logistics (NPO is always good at organization) in CN, which is what got them to the top after MK died. Coincidentally, when MK was at its peak (shortly after I stepped down for tech), MK had the game's second best logistics set-up after Umbrella (Roq's alliance) as well.

====

Also, if the line is that you can't raid better than baseball, I was averaging about 70 million net during the early stages of the war and in peacetime I made 25 million. On good days I got like 143 million daily average for the last 5 days of raiding.

In other words,

Get Gud.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:38 AM, Bjorn Ironside said:

Never understood this need or want for a catch up mechanic, Why should someone who has played 300 days be the same size as someone who has played 1500 days?

Oh did you not read the text that you quoted?

On 1/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, Inst said:

Ah, so you actually did try Mecha Godzilla. Shame I never got word of it.

===

DBDC got where it was by raiding cowards in the upper tier who were scared for their nations, and would end up signing ceasefires to get DBDC to go away and ending up getting voluntarily raided for tech in return for some kind of payment.

I had a concept called Mecha Godzilla wherein you could clone the technique under controlled circumstances and at a higher scale, with coordinating and cooperative fighters.

And yeah, NPO had amazingly strong logistics (NPO is always good at organization) in CN, which is what got them to the top after MK died. Coincidentally, when MK was at its peak (shortly after I stepped down for tech), MK had the game's second best logistics set-up after Umbrella (Roq's alliance) as well.

====

Also, if the line is that you can't raid better than baseball, I was averaging about 70 million net during the early stages of the war and in peacetime I made 25 million. On good days I got like 143 million daily average for the last 5 days of raiding.

In other words,

Get Gud.

Ah, good to be enlightened on the fact that NPO wasn't actually copying DBDC and that what DBDC did was well within the rules (and also a bit hilarious if I am totally honest).  NPO saw that and said "how can we reach them" and concluded "ask the mods if we can cheat."

But that's not about Baseball.

With regards to the subject at hand, I think the most legitimate argument each side has boils down to the following:
1) The side that doesn't want Baseball argues that it is a cookie clicker that generates essentially a free $22m/day, unbalancing the game with no skill input
2) The side in favor of keeping Baseball argues that it is an essential "comeback mechanic" to keep the game interesting.

My response would be:  The comeback mechanic in this game should be politics.  Literally in the name of the game, you use politics to build relationships with bigger alliances in order to situate yourself in a position where your alliance can win the next war.  That's the point of political war games, the whole dang point.  And we saw that in this conflict, where people left NPO's side en masse due to poor political plays on NPO's part and/or brilliant political moves on the part of their opponents.  Now NPO's side argues for the necessity of a "comeback mechanic."  The mechanic is already here, it's to get good at politics, something I will add that NPO historically has been quite excellent at, if you have any of those sorts of leaders left, none can argue that NPO didn't know how to play politics.  You already have your mechanic.  Baseball is NOT necessary for those ends.

Now, some thoughts I had, since Baseball has such an impact on the game, I think that baseball should be impacted by the game as well, if we're going to keep it.  How about allowing planes to target baseball stadiums, spies to assassinate players, damaging the mechanic through war?  That could be interesting, instead of leaving it as an isolated moneymaker.  That, along with reductions in the daily games limit (maybe 100 home games per day, or even better, 10 home games per two hour tick) would help balance what is currently an unbalanced mechanic.

Edited by HeroofTime55
  • Upvote 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Now, some thoughts I had, since Baseball has such an impact on the game, I think that baseball should be impacted by the game as well, if we're going to keep it.  How about allowing planes to target baseball stadiums, spies to assassinate players, damaging the mechanic through war?  That could be interesting, instead of leaving it as an isolated moneymaker.  That, along with reductions in the daily games limit (maybe 100 home games per day, or even better, 10 home games per two hour tick) would help balance what is currently an unbalanced mechanic.

I mean I feel like a lot of y'all overestimate the impact of baseball solely because you're too lazy to put in any effort in playing it/joining the communities that play it. It may help to git gud and you know actually allow different play styles to exist, rather than trying to hegemonise your views in such a manner, to solely suit your political objectives. Threads like these are basically folks who've failed at their political outcomes, trying to force admin to step in and help them. It's absolutely hilarious at some level.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Ah, good to be enlightened on the fact that NPO wasn't actually copying DBDC and that what DBDC did was well within the rules (and also a bit hilarious if I am totally honest).  NPO saw that and said "how can we reach them" and concluded "ask the mods if we can cheat."

But that's not about Baseball.

With regards to the subject at hand, I think the most legitimate argument each side has boils down to the following:
1) The side that doesn't want Baseball argues that it is a cookie clicker that generates essentially a free $22m/day, unbalancing the game with no skill input
2) The side in favor of keeping Baseball argues that it is an essential "comeback mechanic" to keep the game interesting.

My response would be:  The comeback mechanic in this game should be politics.  Literally in the name of the game, you use politics to build relationships with bigger alliances in order to situate yourself in a position where your alliance can win the next war.  That's the point of political war games, the whole dang point.  And we saw that in this conflict, where people left NPO's side en masse due to poor political plays on NPO's part and/or brilliant political moves on the part of their opponents.  Now NPO's side argues for the necessity of a "comeback mechanic."  The mechanic is already here, it's to get good at politics, something I will add that NPO historically has been quite excellent at, if you have any of those sorts of leaders left, none can argue that NPO didn't know how to play politics.  You already have your mechanic.  Baseball is NOT necessary for those ends.

Regarding CN: The mods and admin decide what's cheating, it's their game. Either way, it really didn't change anything in CN because the community had already left that game behind.

I think that lesson in CN can be applied to P&W: Support and encourage the community wherever possible. In regards to how this applies to baseball, it is obvious the community surrounding baseball generates significant activity (and helps via ad revenue and site traffic). It also helps prevent people from leaving our community out of frustration by providing a safety net. It's not just Col B that benefits from baseball, Col A does as well. This war will not last forever, and baseball will likely benefit lots of players in future wars that drag on. Happy players stick around, play the game, and buy credits/click ads.

Overall, I think your boiled down version of the arguments for/against baseball are a bit simplified, and misses the positive impacts that baseball has on the continued activity of players in P&W.

Edited by Emperor Ice
typo

On 1/25/2020 at 2:25 AM, Who Me said:

Yes he can but that doesn't give him the right to slander my name by saying I am using or have used a bot to play baseball. They are quite different matters.

I dont know... If I had the choice of playing baseball that much or botting.  If I had your numbers and you accused me of playing it legitimately, I would be pretty offended.  You really going to imply that I am not smart enough to make a bot, and think I just have hours a day to waste....  How dare you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emperor Ice said:

Regarding CN: The mods and admin decide what's cheating, it's their game. Either way, it really didn't change anything in CN because the community had already left that game behind.

I think that lesson in CN can be applied to P&W: Support and encourage the community wherever possible. In regards to how this applies to baseball, it is obvious the community surrounding baseball generates significant activity (and helps via ad revenue and site traffic). It also helps prevent people from leaving our community out of frustration by providing a safety net. It's not just Col B that benefits from baseball, Col A does as well. This war will not last forever, and baseball will likely benefit lots of players in future wars that drag on. Happy players stick around, play the game, and buy credits/click ads.

Overall, I think your boiled down version of the arguments for/against baseball are a bit simplified, and misses the positive impacts that baseball has on the continued activity of players in P&W.

This.

Speaking personally, as a 30 city whale on the other side of NPO, I've benefited quite a bit from baseball because it's allowed me to buy units while blockaded without having to cannibalize improvements or spend credits.  It's a good balance to blockades.

It's also been good for creating an inter-game community that crosses alliances and sides.

• Upvote 2
GnWq7CW.png

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, Emperor Ice said:

You do know as pointed out in most messages here, generally those spamming baseball make the button so large they just randomly tap anywhere on the phone to play games, then sit and watch tv, I personally would not say that's a community around baseball, would not also say it generates significant activity, it is simply a cheap easy way to make billions, if Alex bought out another small game within PnW that made a nation more cash than baseball then no one would play baseball it is simply down to being able to generate in game cash, lets not try and make it something it isn't.

IF Alex change baseball so it had zero effect within the main game of PnW it would die over night no one would play it, As pointed out most just find ways around it and use it to spam cash thats all, as said if Alex bought out an app saying click this 5000 times for 20m then everyone who play baseball right now would swap to just spamming 5000 clicks.

Just call it what it is, its a way for people to generate what 17 billion (going on the two newest alliances) in three months without having to grow in anyway, there are others such as whos me and Blighty who have some how made billions from base over a few years.

The whole point of this topic is not about fake baseball communities as its a spam button game that spawns in billions to the game, @Alex you removed Dice and keno I am guessing due to reasons such as people winning billions and others claim there was flaws in the programming, how can you remove those without removing baseball that you could say has generated more cash that any other game.

39 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

You do know as pointed out in most messages here, generally those spamming baseball make the button so large they just randomly tap anywhere on the phone to play games, then sit and watch tv, I personally would not say that's a community around baseball, would not also say it generates significant activity, it is simply a cheap easy way to make billions, if Alex bought out another small game within PnW that made a nation more cash than baseball then no one would play baseball it is simply down to being able to generate in game cash, lets not try and make it something it isn't.

IF Alex change baseball so it had zero effect within the main game of PnW it would die over night no one would play it, As pointed out most just find ways around it and use it to spam cash thats all, as said if Alex bought out an app saying click this 5000 times for 20m then everyone who play baseball right now would swap to just spamming 5000 clicks.

Just call it what it is, its a way for people to generate what 17 billion (going on the two newest alliances) in three months without having to grow in anyway, there are others such as whos me and Blighty who have some how made billions from base over a few years.

The whole point of this topic is not about fake baseball communities as its a spam button game that spawns in billions to the game, @Alex you removed Dice and keno I am guessing due to reasons such as people winning billions and others claim there was flaws in the programming, how can you remove those without removing baseball that you could say has generated more cash that any other game.

I've read through this thread, and I don't see evidence to indicate that every player that's replied here runs a mod that modifies baseball buttons. I play baseball and I don't use any modifications, and I don't see evidence that this mod is common within the NPO. That being said, modding the button so that it's easier to press doesn't negate the activity that baseball generates, nor does it change baseball's usage during war. The baseball economy doesn't change simply because it's easier to spam the button, nor does it change the need to ping people to run homes/aways, tipping culture, or the site traffic. Being able to spam the button easier also doesn't change it's ability to keep players in the game by providing them some recourse to buy units and fight rather than be blockaded to death.

I agree that if Alex changed baseball such that it had zero effect within the game of P&W, that baseball's community would end overnight. That is precisely what I'm arguing would be detrimental to the game. It has already been nerfed such that it still takes effort to be impactful, but not so much effort that it is effectively useless. For baseball to remain useful, and for its community to remain, it needs to generate a meaningful amount of cash for an individual nation within a reasonable time. To not break the game, there needs to be a cap on how much you can earn per day. Those criterion are currently met by the current baseball meta.

And while you may have started this thread within a concern regarding baseball's ability to generate cash, and you may feel that baseball's community is irrelevant to the topic, I disagree. Baseball's community is not fake, it has positive benefits to the game, and baseball itself is a positive attribute to the game's community regardless.

• Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 minutes ago, Emperor Ice said:

I've read through this thread, and I don't see evidence to indicate that every player that's replied here runs a mod that modifies baseball buttons. I play baseball and I don't use any modifications, and I don't see evidence that this mod is common within the NPO. That being said, modding the button so that it's easier to press doesn't negate the activity that baseball generates, nor does it change baseball's usage during war. The baseball economy doesn't change simply because it's easier to spam the button, nor does it change the need to ping people to run homes/aways, tipping culture, or the site traffic. Being able to spam the button easier also doesn't change it's ability to keep players in the game by providing them some recourse to buy units and fight rather than be blockaded to death.

I agree that if Alex changed baseball such that it had zero effect within the game of P&W, that baseball's community would end overnight. That is precisely what I'm arguing would be detrimental to the game. It has already been nerfed such that it still takes effort to be impactful, but not so much effort that it is effectively useless. For baseball to remain useful, and for its community to remain, it needs to generate a meaningful amount of cash for an individual nation within a reasonable time. To not break the game, there needs to be a cap on how much you can earn per day. Those criterion are currently met by the current baseball meta.

And while you may have started this thread within a concern regarding baseball's ability to generate cash, and you may feel that baseball's community is irrelevant to the topic, I disagree. Baseball's community is not fake, it has positive benefits to the game, and baseball itself is a positive attribute to the game's community regardless.

Did not say it was a mod, they have simply enlarged the button, and yes its quite clear most are doing GOONs admitted it.

Then what's so wrong with allowing Baseball to be a target in war?  Blow up stadium improvements or assassinate players.  I'm open to a side game being a part of PnW, but lets make it more than a damn cookie clicker that people bot/mod their way to easy mode (and then claim that people who haven't modified the site to make it easy have "lost the political game" because they aren't also cheating)

• Like 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

Just now, Bjorn Ironside said:

Did not say it was a mod, they have simply enlarged the button, and yes its quite clear most are doing GOONs admitted it.

Maybe GOONS could clarify - what percentage of your alliance use it?

Regardless, that mod (or whatever term is most appropriate) doesn't negate it's impact on the game. I don't think baseball should be so important such that you can press anywhere on the screen without looking though, that isn't in the spirit of the mechanic.

Just now, HeroofTime55 said:

Then what's so wrong with allowing Baseball to be a target in war?  Blow up stadium improvements or assassinate players.  I'm open to a side game being a part of PnW, but lets make it more than a damn cookie clicker that people bot/mod their way to easy mode (and then claim that people who haven't modified the site to make it easy have "lost the political game" because they aren't also cheating)

An interesting proposal. I saw your suggestion earlier, but I'm not sure exactly what you're proposing. I don't think baseball should be modified such that war makes it impossible to use it effectively. That would completely negate the use of baseball to prevent completely destroyed players from mounting any form of counter-attack. Reducing its effectiveness could be interesting though - strikes that do small damage to stadiums (ie. 1 airstrike destroys 1 quality level) or spy attacks being able to assassinate players (with very low chances of success, or success inversely correlated with quality level).

I don't understand the last part of your response? By cheating, are you talking about the mod that Bjorn is referring to?

24 minutes ago, Emperor Ice said:

Maybe GOONS could clarify - what percentage of your alliance use it?

Regardless, that mod (or whatever term is most appropriate) doesn't negate it's impact on the game. I don't think baseball should be so important such that you can press anywhere on the screen without looking though, that isn't in the spirit of the mechanic.

An interesting proposal. I saw your suggestion earlier, but I'm not sure exactly what you're proposing. I don't think baseball should be modified such that war makes it impossible to use it effectively. That would completely negate the use of baseball to prevent completely destroyed players from mounting any form of counter-attack. Reducing its effectiveness could be interesting though - strikes that do small damage to stadiums (ie. 1 airstrike destroys 1 quality level) or spy attacks being able to assassinate players (with very low chances of success, or success inversely correlated with quality level).

I don't understand the last part of your response? By cheating, are you talking about the mod that Bjorn is referring to?

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a single airstrike to like, reset a stadium back to zero or anything, but the idea of being able to chip away at 3-4 levels or something, that would be nice.  And assassinate players would take out only one player, etc.  Maybe with a happiness penalty back home if you're caught, because how dare you target an innocent sportsball player.

And yes, I consider the button modification a cheat.  Baseball is easy enough as it is without a one-touch cookie click mod.  It arguably isn't on the level of a bot, but I really think it still pushes past the bounds of what is fair play.  The game is, again, "politics and war," ironically I also have a running game of Cookie Clicker  that's been going for years, and I don't want PnW to be the same as that.  I came here for, well, politics, and war.  I think the ultimate question Alex has to ask is whether or not a clicker game is within the spirit of what a political game is supposed to be, especially when certain alliances are very much using/abusing it in a manner to gain an edge in a war. 

I think it should be nerfed a great deal, I'm fine if it isn't removed, but lets say, 15-20 games per tick, which would still come to 180-240 per day (instead of 1000), which is still basically a free 4-5 million.  And, you know, you can't just sit there and crank it out all in one go.  Hell, I could see myself playing the 15 games/tick every 2 hours if the limit was set there.  1k per day, all at once, is still an open invitation to cheating/botting/modding.  Spreading it out over each game tick, encourages more people to engage with the game for a longer period of the day and discourages modding/scripting.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Worst Poster Ever (2011)