Change/Remove Baseball

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Karl VII

First: Anyone who even only somewhat knows who me knows he isn't botting.

Secondly: Baseball is a way for players who are willing to put in the time to advance their nation. You put in more time, you'll be better than the ones who don't, that's video game 101. I don't actually believe anyone is honestly upset about that. The guys who are against baseball are just mad that it's their "enemies" (lol) who are doing it.

Edited by Karl VII

Just now, Sphinx said:

Mate are you seriously that dumb? 

The fact you can even suggest with a straight face that someone should "verify if they are retired or not", to prove that the number of games of baseball they've played is legit, is just so mindbogglingly stupid, it makes me seriously doubt your capacity for reasonable discussion. 

When I started baseball to give it a try I got over 1,200 games done in the first day by spamming as much as I could (This was before the nerf), An average of 590 games per day isn't hard at all to achieve if you have plenty of time each day. You've clearly had zero experience with the mechanic so I don't think you should be talking at all since your input on the subject is basically a waste of space.

Now you've resorted to name calling because I don't believe everything I read on the internet? Alex said your friend is on the chopping block so in my experience people will say anything to get themselves out of trouble, for cases this severe, stories should be supported by evidence. Your example is only 1 day but we're chatting 500 games a day over 5.4 years.

4 minutes ago, Who Me said:

I see that you are an idiot. Feel free to give sheepy your personal info to be posted in the open for anyone to see. I have lived long enough to not be that stupid.

You're desperate, I understand.

2 minutes ago, Karl VII said:

First: Anyone who even only somewhat knows who me knows he isn't botting.

Thank you Karl.

1 minute ago, Plo Koon said:

You're desperate, I understand.

Not at all and no you don't. Since the advent of the tipping system it is actually profitable to play away games. So more people are willing to play just away games for tips. Therefor people can play more games per day then before because there are people willing to play away games. It's a very simple logic that you and others can not seem to grasp.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, Who Me said:

Yes he can but that doesn't give him the right to slander my name by saying I am using or have used a bot to play baseball. They are quite different matters.

is Who me your legal name? if not then how is it slander?

Stop this pointless and baseless persecution of a good and dedicated man: Who Me. You have no evidence for your accusations, and I hate the persistence being demonstrated here as it is simply ridiculous. 

I understand the suspicion, and I would likewise be equally suspicious when presented with the face value of the situation, but there is no substantial evidence! 

As for baseball itself, I will reiterate, a single baseball stadium itself shouldn't be able to host a thousand games a day and fund an entire nation's development. It's a stupid mechanic added by a certain dolt of a developer, and that same developer should receive any and all blame when it comes to the feature's existence and use, not the people smart enough to use it for their own benefit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Love you

On 1/24/2020 at 3:38 AM, Victor Hugo Lopez said:

Baseball should not be removed, but I personally believe that it is unrealistic. An edit should be made so that any cash made  playing baseball games is put into a "baseball team account" and all that money should only be able to be spent on improving your team and training players, upgrading the stadium, make it available to trade cosmetic changes for cash, like IRL. Seems like this fix would not cause much contention: GOONS, NPO, etc. get to keep baseball and the rest of Orbis can stop complaining about how baseball is killing the game (which in all honesty, it is). 

This is an excellent suggestion. Quoted for extra visibility.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:47 AM, Yuno said:

Think of "baseball" like a "job"

if you're too lazy to go to work, you shouldn't make money

nor should you complain about "those people make money for working. Remove their jobs! Reduce minimum wage"   

Meanwhile, Whales (30+ City Nations who make between 20-100+ million per day (without fail)  in "income revenue" for doing nothing) are like Stockholders who live off their free dividends' income, which are more money than baseball at zero the work. (Baseball at least takes hours to make the money whales get for doing nothing.)  

-

Sorry for the analogies

(I simply really wanted to make the real life comparisons and this thread gave me an apt opportunity to.)

It isn't a job though, it's a game.

There's no risk in baseball. A nation's income and thus its development and potential advancement beyond others is at constant risk of being devastated by war. Raiders themselves are at risk of retribution from alliances, traders at risk of misjudging market trends, and bankers at risk of defaulters. There should be risk involved, not entitlement because you have more spare time than others. The game doesn't even ordinarily require much time out of one's day unless you've elected to involve yourself in your alliance's affairs or private initiatives, so really it's a casual game.

Lastly, I simply don't believe there aren't actually already many baseball players using scripts or browser extensions given how easy it is to set these up and automate repetitive tasks. Button clicking is tedious work and this game has had its fair share of cheaters, so excuse me if I'm unconvinced that the ethically challenged wouldn't be less than forthcoming if they found a golden goose that laid millions of dollars daily.

Edited by Zephyr

I think baseball fills the "catch up" mechanic that every multiplayer game requires or it will die. New players need to be able to catch up to the players that have been around for 5 years, or there's really no reason for new players to play this game over another.

That said, this mechanic is available to everyone, not just new players, and it's always been here.

Most baseballers don't cap out, it's usually around 5 mil. If we could drop the max games to 200 games, and cap it at 5 mil, it would make it alot more accessible for everyone.

Or have one game per turn, and have the winning split between both players evenly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If what the OP says is true and one war side is taking advantage from a certain game mechanic, then changing this mid war would be a no go.

Also, people are still trying to explain why many baseball games.are unrealistic. Please stop for obvious reasons.

And too add: OP keeps running a perso al vendetta against those whom he owns money too. Just pay up and safe yourself time on the anti-crusade.

• Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
3 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

I think baseball fills the "catch up" mechanic that every multiplayer game requires or it will die. New players need to be able to catch up to the players that have been around for 5 years, or there's really no reason for new players to play this game over another.

That said, this mechanic is available to everyone, not just new players, and it's always been here.

Most baseballers don't cap out, it's usually around 5 mil. If we could drop the max games to 200 games, and cap it at 5 mil, it would make it alot more accessible for everyone.

Or have one game per turn, and have the winning split between both players evenly.

Never understood this need or want for a catch up mechanic, Why should someone who has played 300 days be the same size as someone who has played 1500 days?

An alliance the size of GOONs you could easy catch up NPO and BK in avg city count if you did it the right way, and it would not even take you a year.

1 minute ago, Duke Arthur said:

If what the OP says is true and one war side is taking advantage from a certain game mechanic, then changing this mid war would be a no go.

Also, people are still trying to explain why many baseball games.are unrealistic. Please stop for obvious reasons.

And too add: OP keeps running a perso al vendetta against those whom he owns money too. Just pay up and safe yourself time on the anti-crusade.

I do not owe BK any money, BK are the ones who claim to be forcing me out of the game, as i said you want your money go to gorge, you want it from me then fight me

4 hours ago, Malleator said:

As for baseball itself, I will reiterate, a single baseball stadium itself shouldn't be able to host a thousand games a day and fund an entire nation's development. It's a stupid mechanic added by a certain dolt of a developer, and that same developer should receive any and all blame when it comes to the feature's existence and use, not the people smart enough to use it for their own benefit. 

I second this.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Never understood this need or want for a catch up mechanic, Why should someone who has played 300 days be the same size as someone who has played 1500 days?

because otherwise the game dies, immediately. How hard is that to figure out? 

3 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

An alliance the size of GOONs you could easy catch up NPO and BK in avg city count if you did it the right way, and it would not even take you a year.

Another day, another dork thinking he could run goons better.

It's not totally untrue about a catch up mechanic, there is none in CN, and NPO there cheated their way to the top of the game and there's nothing anyone can do anymore, and so most people left by now.  I don't get the point, but they got something wrong in their brains over there.

However, back to baseball.  It's busted, completely.  A comeback mechanic should be something that allows someone with sufficient skill and strategy to gain a slight edge over someone who is further along.  It shouldn't just be free money if you push a button a bunch of times.  And if the argument was that baseball was supposed to be unimportant side entertainment, the fact that it is the top contender for "comeback mechanic" among those who use it says everything about how it has failed to stay in its lane as side entertainment.

I am in favor of fixing it.  Maybe make it more skill intensive, add some depth of strategy, fewer but more meaningful and strategic games, etc.

Or consider putting something in it's place.  Maybe poker, lol.  Can we just have poker actually, put up some of your nation's cash and play some poker.  That would be pretty sweet.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

5 hours ago, Malleator said:

Well, it is a game after all. A nation shouldn't be able to build thousands of tanks, hundreds of planes and ships and recruit tens of thousands of soldiers every day for months on end either. If they can do all that, why can't they play a large amount of baseball games per day?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
30 minutes ago, Archibald said:

because otherwise the game dies, immediately. How hard is that to figure out? 

Another day, another dork thinking he could run goons better.

so the game dies as people want it easy, got it that explains why you all started so late

pretty sure Notics or Neko could run goons better

10% of all money currently in existance is Baseball Billions.
I am not claiming that anyone here is guilty of cheating as I don't have proof, but, I am claiming that cheating is very easy, possible and hard to detect.
This game is a strategy game and not cookie clicker, if I wanted a cookie clicker id play one, any edge should be completly strategic.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

I am not claiming that anyone here is guilty of cheating as I don't have proof, but, I am claiming that cheating is very easy, possible and hard to detect.
This game is a strategy game and not cookie clicker, if I wanted a cookie clicker id play one, any edge should be completly strategic.

I think it's extremely strategic to raise taxes on entertainment goods likes sports and heavily promote it for economical and morale reasons among civilian populations in both peace time and war. :)

Since every nation already promotes procreation (possibly even cloning!), to refield troops and engineering plus labour, as a strategy to keep the potential war machine well oiled. I don't see any issue for sports.

NvtUYUD.png?2

8 minutes ago, Dami said:

I think it's extremely strategic to raise taxes on entertainment goods likes sports and heavily promote it for economical and morale reasons among civilian populations in both peace time and war. :)

Since every nation already promotes procreation (possibly even cloning!), to refield troops and engineering plus labour, as a strategy to keep the potential war machine well oiled. I don't see any issue for sports.

I don't either.
I think there would be very valid ways to implement sports and even private companies and so on, but a cookie clicker way isn't the way to do that.
This is, a strategy game, not a cookie clicker.
This system can be automated too efficiently, without being caught.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dami said:

Allow me to illustrate the extreme strategy levels of Baseball as currently implemented:
anintensegameofstrategy.jpg.d019eb58951e344619a7aef603dee918.jpg

Actually, this comparison is unfair to Fisher-Price.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Still yet to see any evidence that baseball is not balanced and not equal. Quit trying to score political points.

Alex proved why it needs to be nerfed again though I believe it should be removed to end this never ending debate that shouldn't exist in the first place. Alex nerfed treasures after a coalition pooled all their treasures together for a significant economic advantage over their enemies and that clearly wasn't healthy for game balance, the same needs to apply here.

He's already nerfed it twice. You people that keep wanting baseball removed from the game are being very short sighted. Removing baseball will probably crash the economy of the game. Without the money baseball puts into the game a lot of people would not be able to keep fighting, building cities, buying infra and all the other stuff they need to keep fighting. There would also be much less money being spent on the trade markets so they would probably crash as well. So even the people not fighting would be affected. This isn't like the whole treasure thing. There are a finite number of treasures available at any one time in the game but everyone can play baseball if the wish.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Who Me said:

He's already nerfed it twice. You people that keep wanting baseball removed from the game are being very short sighted. Removing baseball will probably crash the economy of the game. Without the money baseball puts into the game a lot of people would not be able to keep fighting, building cities, buying infra and all the other stuff they need to keep fighting. There would also be much less money being spent on the trade markets so they would probably crash as well. So even the people not fighting would be affected. This isn't like the whole treasure thing. There are a finite number of treasures available at any one time in the game but everyone can play baseball if the wish.

The war system is not an excuse for other broken mechanics. Stop enabling Alex's laziness because it's convenient to, and push for changes that are well beyond overdue.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

That's incorrect. The total net profit from baseball is roughly $60 billion, yes, but that wasn't all generated yesterday. It's spent at the same average rate as all other money in the nations in which it is generated, which means that most of it has been spent already over long stretches of time. The relevant number to compare it with would be the total money generated by all other economic activity since baseball was added as a feature.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
7 hours ago, Edward I said:

That's incorrect. The total net profit from baseball is roughly $60 billion, yes, but that wasn't all generated yesterday. It's spent at the same average rate as all other money in the nations in which it is generated, which means that most of it has been spent already over long stretches of time. The relevant number to compare it with would be the total money generated by all other economic activity since baseball was added as a feature.

apart from the what 17 billion made by GPWC and GOONs that was done in what 3 months or less