Change/Remove Baseball

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

1 minute ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

First of all I do respect this post and yeah maybe you are right, BK/NPO openly admitted to wanting to force me out of the game so there could be some bias in my reasoning, but if someone i hated cheated and i reported them would I only be doing it due to me hating them or due to them cheating?

My point is no matter what side of the fence you like to stand, this baseball game that was not meant to have any impact on the main game has a massive impact, I wonder how many of those clicks generate ad revenue/site-traffic that effects the profit of the site?,  As i said let baseball remain but remove the cash that effects the main game and have baseball cash, if you all enjoy baseball that much then why not play it unless you admit and agree the cash made from baseball has a huge effect on the game and is the only reason people spam it?

Thanks for a respectful reply, I've hoped to avoid the toxicity that plagues Orbis. I don't pretend to understand the motivations behind the grudges that motivate the toxic posts I keep encountering, but I'm hoping that things will abate eventually (that includes toxicity from both sides).

Regarding baseball - it's clear that baseball has diverged from whatever original purpose was devised for it. That doesn't mean it doesn't provide value to the game's community. Although the original intent of baseball doesn't reflect its current usage, I'd argue that its value exceeds its original purpose. Removing the cash that effects the main game will obviously destroy that value. Nobody plays baseball because its fun to click - upgrading players is a nightmare (the upgrade options jump around each time) and spamming games for cash is not entertaining. The value added by baseball - a backup option for nations that are strapped for cash, community development, and increased activity - significantly impacts this game positively.

As an aside, Alex mentioned that he was amused by the tipping system. I think that's a neat feature about baseball that underlies its value in this game.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

I had about 12b out in loans before winning 25b and then spent 17 billion on land for memes, then loaned out more cash, so i guess it did not change much.

but yes i said way before i won 25 billion that it should have been removed.

Can you link your game suggestion for it to be removed please.

55 minutes ago, Micchan said:

NPO has 70 nations at 20 cities, their GDP with low infra is way higher than TCW/Fark who are full of whales with high infra, they are not anymore in the GOONS situation with many low tiers, it is the biggest conventional alliance for both military and economy (once they rebuild) in the history of the game, and I don't even count the pigs who are there just to boost their economy

/off topic

So? By this formulation, if these alliances split up and had smaller GDPs than [insert arbitrarily chosen alliance here] everything would be fine.

Like I said earlier, baseball is played by nations, not alliances. It’s not a “balance problem” that some alliances have more members than other alliances.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Edward I said:

So? By this formulation, if these alliances split up and had smaller GDPs than [insert arbitrarily chosen alliance here] everything would be fine.

Like I said earlier, baseball is played by nations, not alliances. It’s not a “balance problem” that some alliances have more members than other alliances.

Not related to baseball, just saying the argument "X alliance has whales so their economy is bigger than NPO" is not a thing anymore

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Furthermore, now that we are looking at the data, it seems obvious that at least 3 nations have abused baseball using bots.

fghiQt.jpg

In the 1,998 days the game has existed, these nations have each played around 1,000,000 games of baseball. That's, on average, ~500 games / day (a lot to do manually.) Realistically, they did not play 500 everyday, and must have had periods of playing more games at one time.

But, these baseball teams haven't been around since the beginning of the game. The top revenue generating team (~$14.5 billion in-game) has only been around for 947 days. That's averaging 1,040 games per day. Has someone really dedicated hours every day for the past 3 years to playing baseball?

Yes, that was a mistake - billions, not trillions. However, Blighty and Who Me have generated enourmous amounts of money playing baseball and very likely ran bots. Also birdsonwheels5, although they got less money out of it. See my above post.

I don't know about Blighty but I can assure you, I click every button myself and unless you can prove otherwise I suggest you talk to your lawyer and ask him about slander before you continue down this road.

I have been playing baseball from day one of my nation. I have player a total of 856,329 games in 1,453 days for an average of 589 games per day.If you have people actively playing you can easily play that many games in 2-3 hours. It's really not that hard. If you would actually pay attention to your game you would know that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
8 minutes ago, Who Me said:

I don't know about Blighty but I can assure you, I click every button myself and unless you can prove otherwise I suggest you talk to your lawyer and ask him about slander before you continue down this road.

I have been playing baseball from day one of my nation. I have player a total of 856,329 games in 1,453 days for an average of 589 games per day.If you have people actively playing you can easily play that many games in 2-3 hours. It's really not that hard. If you would actually pay attention to your game you would know that.

So you are claiming you played baseball for 3,632.5 hours going on 2.5 hours a day lol 7 days a week

Just like I just got done playing Destiny 2 for 5 hours, yes, it is quite easy to sit down and play baseball for 2-3 hours a day if there are other people playing at the same time. Until sheepy put the 1000 game limit on full payout for home games I would play both home and away games at the same time. Play a home game then clear the away queue, then play another home game. You can play a lot of games in a very short time doing so.

As Sphinx said earlier, I am retired, have been for 4 and a half years so I have all the time I want or need to play as many games as I feel like playing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Who Me the dog vs Alex the sheep

Unjustly accused of using computer support to press a button 856,329 times over 4 years to simulate inaccurate virtual baseball games to generate an unknown number of fictitious money to support the growth of an imaginary nation called Dont Know, part of of a group of other individuals called the 7th Armored Division Desert Rats to progress in a virtual game that does not include any prize or set goal

I really want to see this source.gif

Next court case: Worshipers of the green god of hippos against the armored troops of the golden snake

• Haha 5

Easy solution:

1. make a max of 100  home games a day or 10 games /turn (120 home games /day ) 

2. Give away teams 20% profit and no limit on games 

3. Make it worthwhile maintaining teams by multiplying revenue per game by 5

Everyone wil get their games easy 

Another nerf  to make those who dont play happy

save the time people have to spend playing by 9/10  will make baseballers happy regardless of the nerf

makes bots less useful and in turn hopefully eliminated from baseball entirely 

Gives those on the fence real incentive to try it and make it more widely used, evening the playing field further  

Please upvote if you like the idea, regardless of what you think the change revenue per game and max games / day should be 

Edited by Canada2

4 hours ago, Who Me said:

No lawyer would ever take on your case bc T&Cs state he can terminate without cause.

10 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Yes he can but that doesn't give him the right to slander my name by saying I am using or have used a bot to play baseball. They are quite different matters.

An average of 500 games per day over 5.4 years is very suspicious.

Your own average is 856,329 games over 1453 days is 589.3 games per day

Edited by Plo Koon

33 minutes ago, Plo Koon said:

An average of 500 games per day over 5.4 years is very suspicious.

Your own average is 856,329 games over 1453 days is 589.3 games per day

Here's a pro tip, you don't have to play them all at once. you have 24 hours each day. As has been stated more then once, I am retired so I have all the time in the world to play baseball. If sheepy had half a brain he would look for patterns of play and easily figure out if someone is using a bot to play. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Playing 3 games per minute you can play 180 games an hour. You can easily play 3+ games a minute if you have active home and away players. If you have really active away players and a small queue you can play a game every 8 seconds or so, it doesn't take long for the games to pile up.

The Dorin Vvhhbnn have an overall record of 0 wins and 0 losses. In their history they have scored 0 runs, 0 of which were home runs, and they have pitched 0 strikeouts.

Maybe if you actually played the game you would figure that out but I guess it's just easier to blow shit out your ass than to be knowledgeable about the subject.

Edited by Who Me

9 minutes ago, Who Me said:

Here's a pro tip, you don't have to play them all at once. you have 24 hours each day. As has been stated more then once, I am retired so I have all the time in the world to play baseball. If sheepy had half a brain he would look for patterns of play and easily figure out if someone is using a bot to play. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Playing 3 games per minute you can play 180 games an hour. You can easily play 3+ games a minute if you have active home and away players. If you have really active away players and a small queue you can play a game every 8 seconds or so, it doesn't take long for the games to pile up.

The Dorin Vvhhbnn have an overall record of 0 wins and 0 losses. In their history they have scored 0 runs, 0 of which were home runs, and they have pitched 0 strikeouts.

Maybe if you actually played the game you would figure that out but I guess it's just easier to blow shit out your ass than to be knowledgeable about the subject.

It shouldn't be hard for you to prove to Sheepy you're retired right? I'm only observing the unrealistic numbers and I played for several years (played abit of baseball too) before re-rolling.

20 minutes ago, Plo Koon said:

It shouldn't be hard for you to prove to Sheepy you're retired right? I'm only observing the unrealistic numbers and I played for several years (played abit of baseball too) before re-rolling.

I could yes, but with his history of posting people's personal info for anyone to see there would have to be a very compelling reason to do so. If you haven't played baseball recently you really don't know how it works any more. It is very different than it was a couple of years ago.

Edited by Who Me

52 minutes ago, Who Me said:

I could yes, but with his history of posting people's personal info for anyone to see there would have to be a very compelling reason to do so. If you haven't played baseball recently you really don't know how it works any more. It is very different than it was a couple of years ago.

All I see are a lot of excuses.

2 minutes ago, Plo Koon said:

Mate are you seriously that dumb? 

The fact you can even suggest with a straight face that someone should "verify if they are retired or not", to prove that the number of games of baseball they've played is legit, is just so mindbogglingly stupid, it makes me seriously doubt your capacity for reasonable discussion. 

When I started baseball to give it a try I got over 1,200 games done in the first day by spamming as much as I could (This was before the nerf), An average of 590 games per day isn't hard at all to achieve if you have plenty of time each day. You've clearly had zero experience with the mechanic so I don't think you should be talking at all since your input on the subject is basically a waste of space.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Plo Koon said:

I see that you are an idiot. Feel free to give sheepy your personal info to be posted in the open for anyone to see. I have lived long enough to not be that stupid.

• Upvote 2