Change/Remove Baseball

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

• Administrators

Furthermore, now that we are looking at the data, it seems obvious that at least 3 nations have abused baseball using bots.

fghiQt.jpg

In the 1,998 days the game has existed, these nations have each played around 1,000,000 games of baseball. That's, on average, ~500 games / day (a lot to do manually.) Realistically, they did not play 500 everyday, and must have had periods of playing more games at one time.

But, these baseball teams haven't been around since the beginning of the game. The top revenue generating team (~$14.5 billion in-game) has only been around for 947 days. That's averaging 1,040 games per day. Has someone really dedicated hours every day for the past 3 years to playing baseball?

3 minutes ago, Dryad said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

was this a mistake? i cant believe this is actually the case and the graph doesnt show it this way.

according to the graph blighty and who me both have made more individually than any of those 3 alliances (which btw is also kinda ridiculous)

Yes, that was a mistake - billions, not trillions. However, Blighty and Who Me have generated enourmous amounts of money playing baseball and very likely ran bots. Also birdsonwheels5, although they got less money out of it. See my above post.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well, in my opinion, this seems to be more of a political issue than anything. Some alliances rely on baseball to be competitive, and some don't, and I think this data shows how impactful baseball can be on gameplay.

3 alliances (NPO, GPWC, GOONS) have generated ~$24 trillion in-game currency. For reference, there is currently only ~$650 billion in-game. To be clear, those 3 alliances have generated an amount of money that is 37x the total amount of money currently in the game.

Thing is, you are also forgetting to take into account of how new Goons are to the game, and how much they made. 

Baseball is clearly OP. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

you mean 24 billion. That graph shows billions.

Good catch, yes, my mistake there. That does change the interpretation significantly. It's still a significant figure, but yes, not that outrageous.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Furthermore, now that we are looking at the data, it seems obvious that at least 3 nations have abused baseball using bots.

fghiQt.jpg

In the 1,998 days the game has existed, these nations have each played around 1,000,000 games of baseball. That's, on average, ~500 games / day (a lot to do manually.) Realistically, they did not play 500 everyday, and must have had periods of playing more games at one time.

But, these baseball teams haven't been around since the beginning of the game. The top revenue generating team (~$14.5 trillion in-game) has only been around for 947 days. That's averaging 1,040 games per day. Has someone really dedicated hours every day for the past 3 years to playing baseball?

No, not a mistake, and yes, both can be true (Blighty and Who Me have generated enourmous amounts of money playing baseball and very likely ran bots. Also birdsonwheels5, although they got less money out of it. See my above post.)

are the red strike throughs the ones that got banned for botting?

• Administrators
Just now, Leonard J Crabs said:

are the red strike throughs the ones that got banned for botting?

No, they have not been banned. I was just underlining the most interesting cases.

Now that I'm reviewing this data again, though, they may be on the chopping block for bans now. I don't see how anyone could play that many baseball games without a bot.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just now, Alex said:

No, they have not been banned. I was just underlining the most interesting cases.

Now that I'm reviewing this data again, though, they may be on the chopping block for bans now. I don't see how anyone could play that many baseball games without a bot.

I know one of the players you're referencing is retired and so he's plenty of time on his hands to play that much.

Look up to the sky above~

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

fghiQt.jpg

i'm pretty sure this doesnt account for tips which kinda falisifies the net value.

132570 is cloaca / birdonwheels5 who has mostly played away games. with the most games played i would assume if we account for tipping then their income should be at a comparable size to blighty and who me.

• Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Dryad said:

i'm pretty sure this doesnt account for tips which kinda falisifies the net value.

To be clear, no, I have no way of tracking "tipping" and that is not reflected in any of the values.

• Thanks 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
14 minutes ago, Dryad said:

132570 is cloaca / birdonwheels5 who has mostly played away games. with the most games played i would assume if we account for tipping then their income should be at a comparable size to blighty and who me.

Blighty normally does 50/50 in home and away games and was part of a discord group who used to spam baseball at set times, tho his number of games is insane.

Alex I would love to see a report by nation of Avg games played from the time the nation was made to now, As to see goons that high on the alliance cash made is insane when they are what 3 months old? 

@Alex Think it would only be right to remove baseball until you work out the right balance, clearly this is no longer a side game as you claim it to be, its a real money maker and having massive effects on the game. I mean GPWC and GOONs are both very new alliances and made 17 billion in that time frame? just from baseball, you can not say its just a side game anymore and you must see it is having a massive effect on the game.

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

i'm in favor of replacing baseball with the ability to redeem $2m once a day at any time of the day, which would replace the way you can use baseball under blockade to make some cash for double buys etc (the only cool aspect about baseball)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

2 minutes ago, Dryad said:

i'm in favor of replacing baseball with the ability to redeem $2m once a day at any time of the day, which would replace the way you can use baseball under blockade to make some cash for double buys etc (the only cool aspect about baseball)

Honestly, I'd say just increase the nation treasury from 100k to 2 million, else you're practically just increasing the daily login bonus to 2.5 mil.

• Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~

1 minute ago, REAP3R said:

Honestly, I'd say just increase the nation treasury from 100k to 2 million, else you're practically just increasing the daily login bonus to 2.5 mil.

even better

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
9 minutes ago, Dryad said:

but you are blockaded, why should you be able to get cash for rebuy's lol

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Dryad said:

because its actually cool gameplay wise

Well I would think it would be better to be able to withdraw a 2m cap from the alliance rather than find other reasons to spawn in money, 500k login is more than enough

Guest Dalmasca
13 minutes ago, Dryad said:

Im cool with that as long as it only applies to sub 14 city nations. The whales here crying and whining about the in-game mechanic don't deserve it.

1 minute ago, Madden8021 said:

Or we can all end the wars with some kind of peace deal/terms first and then let everyone delete and BOOM no more Politics and War. "Well, if the two current global conflicts will end that is?"

Too much work, let Alex do it for us

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Dalmasca said:

Im cool with that as long as it only applies to sub 14 city nations. The whales here crying and whining about the in-game mechanic don't deserve it.

We do not need it, we have a war chest capable of fighting wars without the need of baseball, you should try it sometime.

The simple fact is baseball was meant to be a side game with no real impact on PnW and clearly that's not the case

Guest Dalmasca
1 minute ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

We do not need it, we have a war chest capable of fighting wars without the need of baseball, you should try it sometime.

The simple fact is baseball was meant to be a side game with no real impact on PnW and clearly that's not the case

I've got bank perms so im cool fam. I don't even remember the last time I worried about my wc

@Alex

banning players over baseball is extreme, even if botted baseball is similar to what pooball did.

It might be better simply to:

-1 Ban the player from using Baseball for 18 months

-2 Fine the player a quantity equivalent to their baseball earnings + administrative fee

-3 If they cannot pay the fine, remove cities until the fine is paid or delete their nation.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dalmasca

What if we nerf baseball on weekdays to halt the continuous growth and apply double xp weekends when the majority of people have time off work

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 minutes ago, Dalmasca said:

I've got bank perms so im cool fam. I don't even remember the last time I worried about my wc

Cool :)

but lets take away the sides and look at the facts, the three nations Alex underlined should be banned (I believe they are on my side of the war) imo thats clear botting, GOON/GPWC are both very new to the game and in that time frame made 17 billion over and above taxes and such, I am pretty sure GoG before the war would not have made 17 billion from taxes in 17 weeks. the fact is its broken and it has a massive effect on the game and should be removed or the cash removed.

IF people love playing baseball as much as people in this topic is claiming then surely they will still spam 500 plus games a day even if it has no benefits within the main game?

4 minutes ago, Inst said:

@Alex

banning players over baseball is extreme, even if botted baseball is similar to what pooball did.

It might be better simply to:

-1 Ban the player from using Baseball for 18 months

-2 Fine the player a quantity equivalent to their baseball earnings + administrative fee

-3 If they cannot pay the fine, remove cities until the fine is paid or delete their nation.

3) most of GPWC and GOONs would not care if you deleted their 10 city nations, wouldnt take two mins to make a new one and go right back to spamming, it would be an endless task, this would only effect long term players who have built huge nations.

Why not have a system that's a gamble. Games are automated but you manage the team and their tactics. Have a 'baseball season'  a point cap system so you have to strategically pick you players and what they're good at, and a pay out system based on how far your team gets. peopel could still play baseball, it would be more fun since you'd have to actually think instead of just spam investment. And you completely eliminate any botting

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

2 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Cool :)

but lets take away the sides and look at the facts, the three nations Alex underlined should be banned (I believe they are on my side of the war) imo thats clear botting, GOON/GPWC are both very new to the game and in that time frame made 17 billion over and above taxes and such, I am pretty sure GoG before the war would not have made 17 billion from taxes in 17 weeks. the fact is its broken and it has a massive effect on the game and should be removed or the cash removed.

IF people love playing baseball as much as people in this topic is claiming then surely they will still spam 500 plus games a day even if it has no benefits within the main game?

3) most of GPWC and GOONs would not care if you deleted their 10 city nations, wouldnt take two mins to make a new one and go right back to spamming, it would be an endless task, this would only effect long term players who have built huge nations.

And if GPWC and GOONS were willing to accept ban evaders, they could easily have a ban evasion account.

My concern is more for Galerion and Birdonwheels, who are probably botting (given evidence), and given that Galerion is a member of your coalition, your side would make a massive shitstorm if we were to remove him.