Change/Remove Baseball

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Hello @Alex

I would like to request you change or remove baseball, as you stated when you made changes it was due to baseball meant to be a side game and have no real influence over PnW but it has a massive impact on the game. So I have thought of someways to enable the use of baseball to be fair for the reason you added it in the first place.

1) Nations blockaded can not collect cash from baseball, if someone is blockaded and can not trade, get aid, why are they able to make money from other people within baseball?
2) Make the cash earned from Baseball only usable on baseball, such as upgrading and improving players
3) Simply remove Baseball.

Right now people are able to spam baseball and make enough buy to but a full days buy of planes, ships, tanks and troops, the only thing blockade does now is to stop them trading rrs from a bank or to each other, it is used to spam enough cash to buy cities at low level city counts, going on your image you posted in the report.
image.png

nation 180436 made 22,194,046 from his home games. this is most likely 10 times what a nation of that city count would make in a day, also half the cost of city 12, and he was able to spam that within one day, I am sure if you checked that nation has most likely played over 1000 games every day for the last few months, so baseball right now is over powered if a ten city nation is able to make 22m a day just spamming baseball for a few hours.

So with that said I think you really need to take sometime and think about the real impact baseball has, You removed Keno and dice due to the impact it has on the game, maybe its time to admit the side games have to much of an impact and in truth should have no impact at all.

This link is how GOONs are using a 3rd party program to make baseball pretty much tap tap tap tap on a phone without looking as it change the size of the buttons of the website. it also tells everyone to embargo Noctis, I feel this would be a form of harassment

This wiki page has a lot of swearing so please no not click it if you get offend quickly, yes I understand the link in itself is swearing.

http://wiki.goons.cx/doku.php?id=frickingbaseball

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

@Alex I disagree with any further changes based on political vendettas. There is a lot of players who enjoy baseball and as you have proven that the majority, via surveys etc, are okay with it how it is. 

reMoVE bEIgE

• Haha 2

Look up to the sky above~

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

@Alex I disagree with any further changes based on political vendettas. There is a lot of players who enjoy baseball and as you have proven that the majority, via surveys etc, are okay with it how it is. 

Politics and war? its not a Vendetta, Baseball was never meant to have a huge impact on the game, but when NPO has 1000 gpwc and 200 goons spamming baseball at 25m a day that's game changing massively. its is indeed worst than what pooball did, these baseball games are adding 6.25 billion a day if only 1/6 of goons and gpwc did base ball, if all of NPO, GPWC, GOONs and BK spammed baseball for the max games thats a total of what 1500 nations making 25m for 37.5 billion being spawned in to the game.

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

To my knowledge those results weren't even released, so I'm not sure where you're basing that from.

21 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Politics and war? its not a Vendetta, Baseball was never meant to have a huge impact on the game, but when NPO has 1000 gpwc and 200 goons spamming baseball at 25m a day that's game changing massively. its is indeed worst than what pooball did, these baseball games are adding 6.25 billion a day if only 1/6 of goons and gpwc did base ball, if all of NPO, GPWC, GOONs and BK spammed baseball for the max games thats a total of what 1500 nations making 25m for 37.5 billion being spawned in to the game.

Can you explain the reasoning behind "an alliance with 1000 members willing to actively do something should make less money than an alliance with 30 members unwilling to actively do the same thing"? Wouldn't this also apply to raiding inactive players, where an alliance with 100 active raiders would make more money than an alliance with 10 active raiders, even though "farming inactive players for loot" isn't supposed to be a primary game mechanic either?

Also, Alex's graphic shows that actually, four (4) nations spammed baseball at 22m a day for one (1) day, making a total of less than 100m, which is significantly less than the 6250m figure you are suggesting. 4 is also significantly fewer than 1500.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Your numbers are way off. If you look at the numbers alex posted. It shows baseball is adding about 100-150mil aday. That's literally a drop in a bucket and is basically nothing.

• Like 2

Baseball should not be removed, but I personally believe that it is unrealistic. An edit should be made so that any cash made  playing baseball games is put into a "baseball team account" and all that money should only be able to be spent on improving your team and training players, upgrading the stadium, make it available to trade cosmetic changes for cash, like IRL. Seems like this fix would not cause much contention: GOONS, NPO, etc. get to keep baseball and the rest of Orbis can stop complaining about how baseball is killing the game (which in all honesty, it is). 

• Upvote 3

I would agree with everything stated in the OP.

I must add that if a nation is blockaded, it seems to suggest that nothing could get in or out. The fact that not even small amounts of resources can get in through a blockade suggests that the aircraft available in pnw are not particularly advanced: definitely not advanced enough to include timetravel capabilities which would allow a baseball team to play 1000 games a day.

Some realism in baseball would be much appreciated: it appears a sensible way of making the game possible would be to allow only one or max two games per turn, since as we know, baseball games irl are long, boring and far less interesting than basketball games.

6 minutes ago, lightside said:

Your numbers are way off. If you look at the numbers alex posted. It shows baseball is adding about 100-150mil aday. That's literally a drop in a bucket and is basically nothing.

Goons admitted to making between 700m and 1b per day playing baseball, however I believe it was posted in that thread that was deleted for ooc attack reasons.

1 hour ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

This link is how GOONs are using a 3rd party program to make baseball pretty much tap tap tap tap on a phone without looking as it change the size of the buttons of the website. it also tells everyone to embargo Noctis, I feel this would be a form of harassment

This wiki page has a lot of swearing so please no not click it if you get offend quickly, yes I understand the link in itself is swearing.

http://wiki.goons.cx/doku.php?id=frickingbaseball

1) It literally changes a button size. We'll happily stop using it if @Alextells us it's against the rules, but seriously all it does is change the button. That's it.

2) We're embargoing Noctis because he doesn't pay tips. If "embargoing nations who try to mess you out of money" is against the rules now, I guess I missed that update??

3 minutes ago, namukara said:

Goons admitted to making between 700m and 1b per day playing baseball, however I believe it was posted in that thread that was deleted for ooc attack reasons.

"goons admitted to making 1billion a day in a thread that doesn't exist" is definitely the finest form of proof ever offered on this site.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Baseball should be limited in the amount of money one nation can make from it per day. 

22 million is beyond ridiculous.

Keno was removed and I would love to see the same with baseball.   Honest players should be valued above bots. 

1 minute ago, AkAk said:

Baseball should be limited in the amount of money one nation can make from it per day. 

22 million is beyond ridiculous.

Keno was removed and I would love to see the same with baseball.   Honest players should be valued above bots. 

Gonna need proof of botting bud

4 minutes ago, Archibald said:

1) It literally changes a button size. We'll happily stop using it if @Alextells us it's against the rules, but seriously all it does is change the button. That's it.

2) We're embargoing Noctis because he doesn't pay tips. If "embargoing nations who try to mess you out of money" is against the rules now, I guess I missed that update??

"goons admitted to making 1billion a day in a thread that doesn't exist" is definitely the finest form of proof ever offered on this site.

The post is in a different thread, but I misremembered what it said. This was it.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

NPO counting GPWC + baseball probably makes close to 1.7b a day.

GOONS makes roughly 700m-1b a day.

Pantheon makes roughly 250m a day.

TCM makes 2.8b a month IIRC.

EM has MAYBE 10b-15b in assets.

Nokia has roughly 5b.

BK is broke(n) and TKR has roughly 30b.

Yarr is buying massive amounts of the market and Fark are asleep at the wheel, so x to doubt them doing anything.

5 minutes ago, namukara said:

The post is in a different thread, but I misremembered what it said. This was it.

<the quote>

That says we make money end of sentence. It doesn't mention baseball except for the piggies. 

3 minutes ago, Salt Meat said:

If you actually read the thread and the context of the post, he's talking about all revenue...income plus baseball. 

I know, it was innovember, I remembered it wrongly.

21 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Gonna need proof of botting bud

Common sense says that the #s that Alex threw around when he first looked into it pointed to bots.  

It wasn't humanly possible to be clicking #s.   Alex then nerfed baseball slightly.

It would be nice if he limited the amount of income further and sorted out the blockade feature to apply to baseball as well.

I certainly understand your opposition to it. 

36 minutes ago, namukara said:

This post was about money from all sources.

Queen of Chaos

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

To my knowledge those results weren't even released, so I'm not sure where you're basing that from.

In the reports forum there is Baseball bot report and Alex says in there that there is player support from the surveys to keep it as it is.

1 hour ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Baseball is completely balanced and it isnt restricted to tiers, certain playerbase. It is something that many players enjoy about the game and in some instances the only thing that keeps them playing. Everyone can play and you dont need to put much effort into earning the revenue. When you list an alliance in a suggestion and those opposed to that alliance then come in and support said suggestion, it is obvious that you want to change baseball for political reasons/vendetta against that alliance. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Victor Hugo Lopez said:

Baseball should not be removed, but I personally believe that it is unrealistic. An edit should be made so that any cash made  playing baseball games is put into a "baseball team account" and all that money should only be able to be spent on improving your team and training players, upgrading the stadium, make it available to trade cosmetic changes for cash, like IRL. Seems like this fix would not cause much contention: GOONS, NPO, etc. get to keep baseball and the rest of Orbis can stop complaining about how baseball is killing the game (which in all honesty, it is). 

This.

• Upvote 2

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Yuno said:

Think of "baseball" like a "job"

if you're too lazy to go to work, you shouldn't make money

nor should you complain about "those people make money for working. Remove their jobs! Reduce minimum wage"   

Meanwhile, Whales (30+ City Nations who make between 20-100+ million per day (without fail)  in "income revenue" for doing nothing) are like Stockholders who live off their free dividends' income, which are more money than baseball at zero the work. (Baseball at least takes hours to make the money whales get for doing nothing.)  

-

Sorry for the analogies

(I simply really wanted to make the real life comparisons and this thread gave me an apt opportunity to.)

This would be a sound argument.

Would be, if the games job was to perfectly emulate real life. Which it isn't, it's a Game and requires balancing to make things as equal as possible for all players. 

Even then, in that hypothetical, baseball would then removed for not emulating real life enough. ? 

33 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

This would be a sound argument.

Would be, if the games job was to perfectly emulate real life. Which it isn't, it's a Game and requires balancing to make things as equal as possible for all players. 

Even then, in that hypothetical, baseball would then removed for not emulating real life enough. ? 

Baseball is literally the only thing that is balanced and equal in this game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2