Destroying phantom nuclear plant

Ripper

In one of my current wars (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=591657), my opponent launched a nuke towards one of my cities.

This is the report from the war logs:

01/22/2020 04:07 am

King Sir Reknott of Keyport Islands detonated a nuclear weapon in the nation of Graveland and eliminated 25 Resistance. The attack destroyed 830.00 infrastructure in the city of Dreamstone and 2 improvements.

And this from the notifications:

01/22 04:07 am King Sir Reknott of Keyport Islands detonated a nuclear weapon upon your nation of Graveland. The attack destroyed 830.00 infrastructure in the city of Dreamstone as well as two a nuclear power plants.

The problem: My city had... only one nuclear plant. I also lost only one improvement instead of two (since I guess the one plant I had was double-killed).

I can only guess that this happened because the chances for each improvement to be destroyed are calculated in parallel instead of in a serial manner, so if you have 1 improvement of a kind, then there is a high chance this 1 improvement is "double-destroyed". Probabilities for the kind of the second improvement to be destroyed should be calculated after removing the first destroyed improvement from the list of "available improvements to be nuked".

Leaving the bug aside, I've rebuilt the city already, so you can go ahead and remove the new nuclear plant, if you deem it fair to compansate for that "loss" on my opponents kills.

PS: @Alex, while you are at it, you may want to fix the grammar in the "... as well as two a nuclear power plants".

PS2: Maaaaybe you could keep the type of improvements recorded at the war logs, since this is already done in the notifications? It would be nice to have.

tl;dr: Improvement double-nuked, only one improvement lost from a nuke.

Edited by Ripper
  • Haha 1