Beige after war expiration

Viselli

I have seen many posts discussing/complaining about nations not being able to rebuild during wars whether it is because of wars expiring or cycle-beiging. My suggestion is that based on the resistance left when a war expires, the losing side gets beiged as if they lost all their resistance. If the resistance is tied it could go to a tiebreaker such as infra lost or money lost. 

• Upvote 5

gg-fu-banner.png

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

This has been pushed many times, but Alex has made no effort towards it due to the global war and the fact NPO will cry 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

tenor.gif

No.

^^^^^ Do not want the war system changed, its hard to record a bot to the way wars are meant to be fought :)

Guest PhantomThiefB

Remove beige completely. I think Alex agrees it's not worth the headache in reports anymore and if it ain't there it can't be abused. ?

6 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Remove beige completely. I think Alex agrees it's not worth the headache in reports anymore and if it ain't there it can't be abused. ?

Well most complain is because not enough rebuild period of planes. Maybe remove planes and not have to worry about beige anymore ;)

15 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

^^^^^ Do not want the war system changed, its hard to record a bot to the way wars are meant to be fought :)

No, I dont want half hashed ideas as a war system. In theory it is a good system, however in game play it is absolutely unbalancing. The OP has made no effort to balance out the areas his idea would make unbalanced. So unfortunately it's not a suggestion I would support. 

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, I dont want half hashed ideas as a war system. In theory it is a good system, however in game play it is absolutely unbalancing. The OP has made no effort to balance out the areas his idea would make unbalanced. So unfortunately it's not a suggestion I would support. 

What makes it unbalanced? It acts the same as any other war does. While I have disagreements with how the current war system is, saying this idea is unbalanced is saying beige at all is unbalanced, which would be a different suggestion and should be discussed elsewhere.

gg-fu-banner.png

It is not useful to criticise with no effort at making it constructive.  I think modification of the beige system is in order, have postulated an idea myself, however without which we discuss the problems and potential solutions, we will get nowhere.   @Tiberius why would it make it unbalanced?  

I think the key to change is to keep it simple, and to make changes that promote activity and hinders passive action such as sitting on zeroed opponents endlessly.  I don’t think the ability to beige cycle should be removed altogether though, and this change would ensure greater effort is required of the beige cycling nations.

Celer Et Audax

5 hours ago, Etatsorp said:

It is not useful to criticise with no effort at making it constructive.  I think modification of the beige system is in order, have postulated an idea myself, however without which we discuss the problems and potential solutions, we will get nowhere.   @Tiberius why would it make it unbalanced?  

I think the key to change is to keep it simple, and to make changes that promote activity and hinders passive action such as sitting on zeroed opponents endlessly.  I don’t think the ability to beige cycle should be removed altogether though, and this change would ensure greater effort is required of the beige cycling nations.

The system we have now, everyone has developed with. All strategy was devised using the current war system. To make all wars end with beige is going to benefit those with a bigger rebuy the most. Hence it is adding an imbalance to the game and gives one group an advantage over the other. It also nullifies the strategy of up declaring. The suggestion in isolation is a fair one, however it does not take into account the imbalances it will create in the gameplay/meta. Thus I can not support it. 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:06 PM, Tiberius said:

The system we have now, everyone has developed with. All strategy was devised using the current war system. To make all wars end with beige is going to benefit those with a bigger rebuy the most. Hence it is adding an imbalance to the game and gives one group an advantage over the other. It also nullifies the strategy of up declaring. The suggestion in isolation is a fair one, however it does not take into account the imbalances it will create in the gameplay/meta. Thus I can not support it. 

A few things really:

1. The war system as it stands is simple, and so necessarily are the strategies able to be used within the rules.  Part of the supposed boredom some people experience with PnW is that gameplay is not dynamic enough.  I would welcome an opportunity to develop and test new strategies in a dynamically changing war environment, that would be fun and it would be a true test of individual and alliance capability.

2. I respect your greater experience here, and I make no claims of certainty or extraordinary insight, however I cannot see any drastic imbalance other than perhaps tipping it somewhat in the favour of the proposed beige recipients of any given war.  This change does not prevent beige cycling, and as such neither does it prevent effective up-declaring, and if you’re allowing wars to expire prior to declaring on them again, that’s more an issue of the winning side’s due diligence or capacity rather than strategy IMO.  it does make cycling harder though, and that is a prospect I would support, as across the board it will keep players engaged, both winners and losers.

Having said that, I’m not sold on this idea myself as I think there are potentially better ideas out there that would achieve similar outcomes.  And philosophically speaking if you haven’t reached a peace agreement, still have resistance, are potentially still fighting despite the duration of the war, have you really lost?  If the answer is ‘yes’ then beige time ought to be issued and peace declared/enforced by the game mechanics.  Notice any similarities here ?

• Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax

On 1/25/2020 at 6:06 AM, Tiberius said:

To make every war end in beige puts the focus on war. Right now a valuable strategy is to let wars expire so the nation can be hit again immediately. By taking this option out of the game it makes the actual fighting of a war more valuable. Yes, slowly grinding down a larger player will be harder, but at the same time that encourages forming allies with people of different tiers to make up for it.

gg-fu-banner.png