Tax Idiosyncrasy

Cooper_

Hi, I'm not exactly sure how the tax system works, but I was hoping @Alex could give some clarification if not fix this problem.

There are nations that produce a manufacturing good and the necessary raw goods, and are self-sufficient.  When these nations are put on X/100 taxes though, they don't produce the manufacturing goods because there are no raws.  These nations instead just provide the raws they would produce for manufacturing as just raws, which gets taxed away.  Despite, producing the raws they need for manufacturing, they can't actually produce them because they can't build up a stockpile.  

My guess is that it has to do the with order in which calculations are being done.  I was hoping that either taxes on raws wouldn't consider those being used for manufacturing as net positive and therefore taxable or that manufacturing could not just use stockpiles on the nation but also take the raws being produced that turn.  It makes the whole tax system a lot more complicated if this isn't fixed, and I imagine this is mostly a QoL issue.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

You can't make manufactured resources today (this turn) with raw resources you'll have tomorrow (next turn.)

You need to have the raw resources on hand, in your nation's inventory (not just be about to produce them) to make the manufactured resources.

How could you make for example gasoline out of oil you haven't produced yet?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

You can't make manufactured resources today (this turn) with raw resources you'll have tomorrow (next turn.)

You need to have the raw resources on hand, in your nation's inventory (not just be about to produce them) to make the manufactured resources.

How could you make for example gasoline out of oil you haven't produced yet?

Yeah, that makes sense, but there is still the other option, which is to not consider that stockpile up of resources up to what is required for manufacturing to be considered net production under taxes.  It seems kind of silly to have to continuously shuffle resources that are taxed from the nation back to the nation if the goal is to produce manufacturing goods (with the required raws being produced concurrently.  I guess this could be a specific tax option or general policy, but it’s make the life of some our Econ staff much easier given that they’d have to be shuffling resources for dozens of people to maintain some of our builds.