A Call to Arms

Lord Tyrion

46 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Not sure why people are talking about pre-war Chaos or N$O. Chaos was shaky evidently and N$O was just a joke tbh as entirely dysfunctional and reliant on one person. Hardly a sphere.

I tried but couldn't carry this shitshow on my own.

• Haha 2

os9LcJK.gif

Can I just point out that Chaos was going to be rolled by BK/TC after surfs you anyway. Had it not leaked Surfs up would have finished naturally and once TKR had rebuilt we would have hit then. Before you spin it don’t bother. I know because I was in the planning and have logs to back it. 

• Upvote 1

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

5 hours ago, Filmore said:

"You wouldn't abandon your coalition, so now you can't be a future ally" 

That's some real Goonflake talk 

Not abandoning =/= doubling down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

2 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

Can I just point out that Chaos was going to be rolled by BK/TC after surfs you anyway. Had it not leaked Surfs up would have finished naturally and once TKR had rebuilt we would have hit then. Before you spin it don’t bother. I know because I was in the planning and have logs to back it. 

The logs show you being critical of Leo wanting to charge in, so if the plan was adjusted for the rebuild thing then that's something else . We can talk about the hypothetical yeah but there was also considerable changes happening within Chaos which would have likely occurred before the rebuild phases were complete. Had they happened Chaos may have not been on the radar that quickly. But yeah if the argument goes back to the CB being valid and TCW/COV/BK etc. deserving to get their get kicked in, then it's still inconsistent to have an about face about almost everyone except Leo and his reactions to people hating BK(killing the game etc.) even more for it. If it wasn't about the CB and it's just a huge vendetta against BK and everyone else is an angel even if they were going to do it, then that justifies my point that the war wasn't about the cb.

I'm not a fan of the paradigm where everything can be isolated to a few hated alliances for a big curbstomp and that's always seemingly been the goal around here. 

Edited by Roquentin
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

The logs show you being critical of Leo wanting to charge in, so if the plan was adjusted for the rebuild thing then that's something else . We can talk about the hypothetical yeah but there was also considerable changes happening within Chaos which would have likely occurred before the rebuild phases were complete. Had they happened Chaos may have not been on the radar that quickly. But yeah if the argument goes back to the CB being valid and TCW/COV/BK etc. deserving to get their get kicked in, then it's still inconsistent to have an about face about almost everyone except Leo and his reactions to people hating BK(killing the game etc.) even more for it. If it wasn't about the CB and it's just a huge vendetta against BK and everyone else is an angel even if they were going to do it, then that justifies my point that the war wasn't about the cb.

I'm not a fan of the paradigm where everything can be isolated to a few hated alliances for a big curbstomp and that's always seemingly been the goal around here. 

“Changes in Chaos” - I’m assuming this is in reference to Ripper/Thrax’s retirement. Or is there another rumor that all of Chaos is merging into TKR? Not a clue where that rumor came from last year, but I loved how quickly IQ embraced it.

Also: The irony of your last sentence is tasty.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Haha 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

“Changes in Chaos” - I’m assuming this is in reference to Ripper/Thrax’s retirement. Or is there another rumor that all of Chaos is merging into TKR? Not a clue where that rumor came from last year, but I loved how quickly IQ embraced it.

Also: The irony of your last sentence is tasty.

A lot of people were planning to leave CoS and some other alliances or they'd just disband or restructure. The issue you guys have had were evident during surf's up and people were looking to make deals and get new locations.

It's not really tasty or ironic. Basically the premise you now operate on is if it hurts alliance x or y, virtually anything is permitted as in Black Sox/montreal Screwjobesque moves  and everyone is a hero even if they wanted to cripple you as long as they sell those alliances out. That's always been sort of the premise for the overall old school milieu.

• Haha 1

Just now, Prefonteen said:

I don't remember who said you were making things up but he had a point.

I wasn't. I was contacted by at least one person who mentioned that CoS was going under changes and that a decent amount of people would look to leave. SK having some shuffling was also known too. Soup had Medellin splintering off as well. It was known some bigger members would split off at some point.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

You mean like...what you are looking to do?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

You mean like...what you are looking to do?

People are saying they can't cope so we're willing to let the ones out that can't realistically and it isn't that big of a deal given the overall size of your coalition. I don't know how letting some alliances out after the side switch,  big interventions that were confused in motivation and further consolidation is a big deal. We didn't collaborate with anyone on Coal A's side to engineer some sort of rigged outcome. It wouldn't reduce the numbers to an insanely lopsided level by letting struggling alliances leave. I'm just not going to be responsible for people having issues with extended war if they won't take the individual outs offered now and in the past. We know you're in good shape, so it's not a killer.

This is a lot different compared to the start of "oh it's x's fault you're in this war. ditch them."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

People are saying they can't cope so we're willing to let the ones out that can't realistically and it isn't that big of a deal given the overall size of your coalition. I don't know how letting some alliances out after the side switch,  big interventions that were confused in motivation and further consolidation is a big deal. We didn't collaborate with anyone on Coal A's side to engineer some sort of rigged outcome. It wouldn't reduce the numbers to an insanely lopsided level by letting struggling alliances leave. I'm just not going to be responsible for people having issues with extended war if they won't take the individual outs offered now and in the past. We know you're in good shape, so it's not a killer.

This is a lot different compared to the start of "oh it's x's fault you're in this war. ditch them."

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

• Haha 2

os9LcJK.gif

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

It's plain as day. Someone helps tS and tS springs into action. Is this the action of an alliance that is on the verge of extinction or somehow super crippled especially when taking into account its relative wealth? No.

• Haha 1

Just now, Roquentin said:

It's plain as day. Someone helps tS and tS springs into action. Is this the action of an alliance that is on the verge of extinction or somehow super crippled especially when taking into account its relative wealth? No.

We remain defiant in the face of oppression. You may take our pixels, but you can't take our spirit.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

4 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Leopold is the sole reason t$ came back to the forefront. They were dead before that. He is the savior Orbis deserves. He is greatest good that can inhabit a human body. Leopold is love. Leopold is life.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

Just now, Kevanovia said:

Leopold is the sole reason t$ came back in the forefront. They were dead before that. He is the savior Orbis deserves. He is greatest good that can inhabit a human body. Leopold is love. Leopold is life.

The chinned messiah has been instrumental to the resurgence of the empire.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Just now, Kevanovia said:

Leopold is the sole reason t$ came back to the forefront. They were dead before that. He is the savior Orbis deserves. He is greatest good that can inhabit a human body. Leopold is love. Leopold is life.

Substitute Akuryo/Sphinx and then it'll be accurate. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

10 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

It's like your PR guy has advised you to talk about how much you care about the health of the game but you keep relapsing everytime you come up against healthy competition. 

Made all the more absurd by the fact that you had the advantage and instead of promoting the health of the game you doubled down on isolating a few alliances you hate and somehow managed to further isolate yourself in the process.

• Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

You’re right I was critical about going in once Chaos and Ketogg started fighting. I was also critical of it happening just after TKR complete their rebuild. I knew what they didn’t that it signalled changes within the bloc and dynamics of the game. Did I want to roll soup at the time yes, was it a fire that consumed me? No. Was I prepared to see how the situation played out? Yes. Was the leaks of the war plans valid at the time of being leaked? Yes except the date of entry. 

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

18 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

It's like your PR guy has advised you to talk about how much you care about the health of the game but you keep relapsing everytime you come up against healthy competition. 

Made all the more absurd by the fact that you had the advantage and instead of promoting the health of the game you doubled down on isolating a few alliances you hate and somehow managed to further isolate yourself in the process.

"Healthy competition" lmao

This is healthy competition? A whole slew of people who see it as optimal to curbstomp less well off alliances?  People who choreograph wars to help people recover military? Everyone would have loved get out of jail free cards when you always won.

Our advantage wasn't really that great.  lol if you think gorge/sphinx/akuryo's actions recently were based "on health of the game" and not just individual self-interest/avarice. 

"it's harder to fight these guys, so I will literally backstab my side and try to rig the war in their favor." seriously?

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Substitute Akuryo/Sphinx and then it'll be accurate. ;)

This guy got the memo that Jesus thing was a meme right?

Someone tell me they personally handed this guy the bloody memo.