Clarification regarding moderation of "sitting" wars

Guest John Q Listener

Guest John Q Listener

This question is primarily targeted at @Alex but I'm also interested in having a proper discussion about the implications of this particular moderating action 

With this war specifically been found to be in breach https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=588560

It's a well-established tactic to "sit" on an opposing nation with a blockade, and this strategy has been used to a great effect to ensure that targeted nations are not able to access key strategic resources to rebuild. It's also well known that these wars can also tend to expire rather than resulting in a beige due to a variety of strategic demands. Further, these wars can also not result in a large amount of infra/military/cash damage depending on the specific target/need. Often, the damage to the defending nation would be lower in order to conserve the blockading nations' own resources.

My question to Alex is this: how can you judge a war to be slot filling based purely on infra destroyed or prolonging of the war? The wars appear to have been declared as legitimately as any other war which was found to be not in breach of the game rules, and I am concerned that this judgement may open the door for the removal of a legitimate military tactic, or at the very least increase the burden of moderation.

Thanks in advance for considering this dilemma!

• Administrators

It's not easy to make such determinations, and I consider every war individually. Moderation of war slot filling is never a "one-size-fits-all" process.

To answer your question, The Terapin Federation could have easily won the war (not had a nation sitting on him with a blockade) if he wanted to (look at the superior airforce.) That wasn't happening, so it seems pretty obvious to me that they're coordinating somehow or another to the benefit of The Terapin Federation (keeping their defensive war slot filled.)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

if by legitimate you mean two alliances fighting on the same side of the war, supporting each other, to the fill slots in order to rebuild planes then yeah totally legitimate.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

It's not easy to make such determinations, and I consider every war individually. Moderation of war slot filling is never a "one-size-fits-all" process.

To answer your question, The Terapin Federation could have easily won the war (not had a nation sitting on him with a blockade) if he wanted to (look at the superior airforce.) That wasn't happening, so it seems pretty obvious to me that they're coordinating somehow or another to the benefit of The Terapin Federation (keeping their defensive war slot filled.)

So, my inability to retaliate properly after being countered and having lost the ability to continue naval blockades, you consider this war to simply be slot-filling, yet just because I couldn't fight back the whole time despite him being on 2 resistance when you sent a strike. Plus, with having lost most of my money from constant ground attacks against myself, I was unable to rebuild and lost the ability to continue my blockade yet The Terapin Federation just sat there without retaliation, surely if you had a large air force you would've taken down my air force first instead of sitting there most of the time with the ability to win the war yet never took it? yet I am to suddenly blame?

Yet instead of actually seeing what's happening on my nation due to being countered and over extended you consider this to be slot filling... when quite clearly it isn't since I have no inclination to want to support our alliances enemies and quite frankly would be rather stupid of me to do it. 

With the whole point of a blockade to whittle down an enemy so that we can then reduce his military within our range... I had almost full planes during the start of the war and was waiting on allied support to lower his air force down which didn't work since I was countered and my 2 other guys I had declared on were rebuilding too, so without even looking at the entire nation and simply at this single war you still send a strike?

EDIT: I also think basing a strike on a nation for slot filling solely on Infra destroyed is highly ignorant of an action.

Edited by The Holy Sheep
  • Upvote 4

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 1/20/2020 at 8:47 AM, The Holy Sheep said:

Blah Blah Blah we got caught inset crying

Try not cheating and you wont get strikes pretty simple really