Orbis Academy Awards Results

hope

Rigged by IQ if done the old school way

Rigged by Chaos if it's done like this

The absolute state of P/W. This is why we can't have peace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

It was fun to take a side-step away from IC and hang out.  Shifty makes a good point though.  I didn't here about this till the show was starting from the Goons server. 

What wasn't fun was putting people on the spot who clearly were not comfortable talking, especially the less flattering awards with worst AA leader being particularly mean.  I tuned out as soon as I heard "Hottest wife"  Why include OOC?  Do we really need sexist awards?
Just some constructive criticism, flame away.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eric the Red II said:

It was fun to take a side-step away from IC and hang out.  Shifty makes a good point though.  I didn't here about this till the show was starting from the Goons server. 

What wasn't fun was putting people on the spot who clearly were not comfortable talking, especially the less flattering awards with worst AA leader being particularly mean.  I tuned out as soon as I heard "Hottest wife"  Why include OOC?  Do we really need sexist awards?
Just some constructive criticism, flame away.

Thanks for responding, but I do have a couple of points

1) Worst Alliance Leader is included because TheNG loves this award dearly so we included it as a freebie for him

2) No particular reason we included “Hottest Wife,” outside of being personally amused by it. It was included as a Silly Award and there was no deeper meaning behind it. If @Pika felt like it made her feel awkward or objectified in any way she can let myself and Adrienne know so it won’t be included next time

3) Nobody was forced to speak if they didn’t want to. If people said they didn’t want to we stopped and moved on.

I do appreciate the criticism and I will take it into consideration for next year. Thank you! 

Edited by hope
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

3 hours ago, Eric the Red II said:

Shifty makes a good point though.  I didn't here about this till the show was starting from the Goons server. 

A solid chunk of IQ boycotted these awards so, yes, their representation was a little lacking. We'd have liked to have seen more participation from them and tried hard to encourage them to participate. Chaos, however, was only four alliances, only three of which participated, and there were somewhere in the ballpark of 35-40 representatives that participated in total for the alliance representative voting. IQ still won a fair number of categories though and some in an absolute landslide. As for the public voting, the polls were posted on the OWF and left up for a week for voting. If these awards are done again next year though, hopefully we can find some additional ways of advertising/getting the news out.

BrOQBND.jpg

4 hours ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

Post better leaks if you want to win

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2020 at 4:09 AM, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

Only post in this topic worth 3 seconds of attention.

• Like 2

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

5 hours ago, King Olafr of the Faroes said:

Only post in this topic worth 3 seconds of attention.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:57 AM, Princess Adrienne said:

Chaos, however, was only four alliances, only three of which participated, and there were somewhere in the ballpark of 35-40 representatives that participated in total for the alliance representative voting.

I guess you have some trouble reading.

Not to mention Hope is allied to goons... who are your allies? I know it's troublesome to keep up with it. But at least keep it sort of straight. Chaos can obviously rig the whole thing with hope at the helm and only three reps. Those other 35-40 people must just love us so much.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:57 AM, Princess Adrienne said:

IQ still won a fair number of categories though and some in an absolute landslide.

They love chaos so much that IQ people still won some of the best categories.

Most Powerful Alliance:

*Note - hope forgot to put up a public poll for this xx

1st  - New Pacific Order 

2nd - Guinea Pig Whaling Corp

3rd - The Syndicate 

HMs: GOONS and The Commonwealth

And even one without the help of the public vote by accident?

Edited by Pasky Darkfire
  • Like 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

• 2 months later...