Post here about how much you enjoy the current war/state of events

Guest John Q Listener

Guest John Q Listener

Hey all,

With all the negativity and fake news coming from certain spheres, I thought that it's sometimes really good to reflect about how much fun/how enjoyable playing this game can be sometimes. With that in mind, I'm keen to hear all your stories about how you are having fun with the current state of Orbis events or maybe some of the interesting vignettes you have.

I'll start: I've found it really enjoyable to be part of an excellent group of individuals who are well-coordinated and are just all-round cool. It's been quite an experience coordinating with alliance and other OD players to meet the goals set by our leaders, and it's cool to think that we are shaping the future of Orbis with our current actions (and for the better).

Cheers all!

Just now, Cooper_ said:

Seriously man?  You're working with people who have tried to destroy my community and you're asking how much I enjoy trying to fricking keep it together?

Not cool.

It's be a lot more cool if you could have some fun!

• Upvote 1

I really love all the war slot filling and blatant rule breaking and cheating. I really enjoy that aspect of this war.

However to keep it positive, I love fighting LeLouch from BK, he better believe this is gonna be role-played in NatRP. :D

Edited by Mayor
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

Seriously man?  You're working with people who have tried to destroy my community and you're asking how much I enjoy trying to fricking keep it together?

Not cool.

War is always fun. In victory and defeat. I appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is half the name of the game. My guess is that the politics of your higher gov and their coalition leaders could end the war at any point but they choose not to pay reps. I'd urge you to petition your gov to do the right thing if you are struggling to keep your community together. There is no shame in that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I took a 5-6 month break because the war was boring, but I've been fighting again since New Year's Eve. I'm happy j did, because I find the style of warfare very kicked back and relaxed. I'm doing damage efficiently with minimal actual playtime.

Outside of the mechanics, I've enjoyed watching all the drama lately. I'm a drama hog and I just love to be a witness to a good trainwreck (even in real life)! 

I also agree with the OP on being in a good group of people. I love KT and the people in it. I can't imagine myself in any other alliance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

14 minutes ago, REAP3R said:

I find this war quite enjoyable, working alongside the best minds in Orbis has been surreal.

I don't have a thonk emoji big enough to reply with.

Queen of Chaos

1 minute ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

I don't have a thonk emoji big enough to reply with.

Don't be so hard on yourself, btw you guys haven't sent the new handler yet I think he got lost.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

Not cool.

I think you need to stop selfishly focusing on your community and start thinking about the health of our community. We are all one in this beautiful experiment, and the improvement so far is obvious.

• Thanks 1

I don't mind being at war a lot, during peace time I basically log in once a day and sometimes I do few trades so wars is 90% of my game time now that keno is gone, but the same people over and over in the same situation are not good like multiple shorter wars with different people, different reasons, different situations, different thing to do

From the community side it was almost a K-O punch, very few people went far over a point that you should not pass and dragged everyone else with them, now I see things going a bit better but we lost players and communities for no reason and changed nothing

Even if what I wrote is in contrast with what I'm about to say I hope to continue this war because a peace in the current situation will solve nothing and just restart the same war once again, this big mess needs to die with this war

• Upvote 3

I've found it really enjoyable to be part of an excellent group of individuals who are well-coordinated and are just all-round cool. It's been quite an experience coordinating with alliance and other non-IQ players to meet the goals set by our leaders, and it's cool to think that we are shaping the future of Orbis with our current actions (and for the better).

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

Not cool.

47 minutes ago, Changeup said:

Stop trolling. We know you and (especially) your allies don't give a damn about us enjoying the game or the health of the game in general. 

Unless your community is based on getting your way all the time - by winning wars, by seeing your preferred rules for diplomacy and warfare implemented, or in other ways - then there's no way any outsider can destroy your community. No one is entitled to see any particular style of game play adopted game-wide. The "health of game in general" isn't defined or dictated by you.

Although if you disagree, Changeup, I suppose you're right. We probably don't give a damn about your enjoyment if it's predicated on any of that stuff.

To answer the OP's question, I'm enjoying

• the drama
  • the camaraderie in NPO and Coalition B as a whole
  • watching whale pixels burn
  • demolishing some of the worst parts of the old metagame, and possibly laying the groundwork for something better to replace them
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1