Peace In Our Time

JT Jag

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I don't know much about the political dealings of this world, but I do know one thing, and that is this:  When any world is visited by the cancer that is the New Pacific Order, they arrive with one singular goal in mind: To be the sole dominant force in the world, at any cost, at any effort.  Reps are for one reason only, in furtherance of that goal. 

Once they achieve an irrevocable dominance, it spells the end of that realm, much like the old world I've arrived from, which is now nothing but a dead husk thanks to the efforts of the very same individual NPO leaders.

NPO will spin their demands however they see fit, but do not ever forget their singular goal, which is nothing less than the total and irreversible subjugation of the entire world.  They've done it multiple times before, and it would be foolish to expect that they're here for any different purpose.

I am just waiting, NPO turned on GOONs in the old world it will happen again, NPO will turn on BK when they are no longer needed, I just hope GPWC do not leave it to long to break free and carve out its own path before it find itself on NPO's hit list.

11 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

I am just waiting, NPO turned on GOONs in the old world it will happen again, NPO will turn on BK when they are no longer needed, I just hope GPWC do not leave it to long to break free and carve out its own path before it find itself on NPO's hit list.

We're hitting BK pretty soon. The loot will be great. :)

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Roquentin said:

We're hitting BK pretty soon. The loot will be great. :)

pretty sure your fake war slotting battle wont count.

Just now, Bjorn Ironside said:

I don't know if GOONS very much cares, in all honesty, I've never figured that was part of their mentality.  They're here to grief on an individual level, they don't have grand ambition.  The second they lose a war badly, they're going to all scurry back home to SA.  Off-world history proves that as well.  It even happened more than once!  I don't have any long-term concerns about GOONS, and neither should anyone else.  They're a willing and aware tool, and I can't fault them on that really, they know what they're in for full and well.  NPO is happy to have a tool, and GOONS are happy to be the tool.  It's natural for them to be together.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

6 hours ago, Pop said:

You must have missed the part where I said leave the false moralizing at the door. No amount of pontification is going to make us hand you a favorable outcome on a silver platter after you lost horribly. Until Coalition A grasps that concept the war will continue.

Until you can see that there's more to the world than just dominating it statistically you're never going to get it.  At this point this will end when enough more of your allies, those that actually care about having fun and the health of the broader community, realize how selfish and toxic you are and abandon you.

It's funny that you think a war where we "lost horribly" can also be some kind of "favorable outcome".  The idea that you somehow can't compete in peace time is an admission of your own political and economic incompetence.  Incompetence doesn't give you the right to extort people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

19 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

Until you can see that there's more to the world than just dominating it statistically you're never going to get it.  At this point this will end when enough more of your allies, those that actually care about having fun and the health of the broader community, realize how selfish and toxic you are and abandon you.

It's funny that you think a war where we "lost horribly" can also be some kind of "favorable outcome".  The idea that you somehow can't compete in peace time is an admission of your own political and economic incompetence.  Incompetence doesn't give you the right to extort people.

Statistics do matter. They give u answers to what economic building u must do to make urself stronger. They matter when u go diplo to be able to find allies that are comparable and comparable to male sure in the world that u can protect and help each other where one may lack in one area or another. Stats do habe a place.  First of in war there is never really a winner or loser cause everyone suffers in the physical and diplomatic sense. Where u win in one area ur going to lose in another. Point is it matters how we rebound amd move forward. Ur side in this case surrendered on condition of terms. Instead of showing the patience to find the terms u decided to walk away and then try a propaganda campaign. It almost worked until some found they were just gonna be meat shields and treated it seems as if they domt matter.  Ur case for the propaganda trail would of been more stronger and successful if u had of took the terms and gotten the peace in november December and then start the war of words in the back channels . Now with what has happened with these alliances that found out ur intentions and thoughts about them u have taken 3 steps back.  Now u want to try and say this is NPOs fault or BK or goons

.. I wouldn't I would look back at the road u choose ..the words u used and maybe just maybe choose the right direction u intended when u surrendered. It dont matter what u say here in the owf  cause quite frankly NPO membership are strong loyal and in this for the long haul and loyal to the leadership group we have to make the desicions they do. 

26 minutes ago, Azaghul said:

It's pretty entertaining to see you spout that we are selfish, when you refuse to relinquish your hordes of cash for peace and instead let your communities delete away. There is a reason you are economically in a better position in peace time to us, and that is because 1. Your longevity has put you in a position to have more cities and thus a better commerce base to rebuild/stock cash etc and 2. Because you constantly rolled everyone that was ever a threat to you in quick wars which meant you never really took much damage while the defeated alliances took twice as long to be able to rebuild and that is if you didnt hit them while rebuilding. You always made sure opposing alliances could never surpass you in political and economical power. Now the script is flipped and we are going to push to level the playing field. If you want peace then you have to accept your rebuild will be compromised. You wont be able to rebuild and restock as quickly as you are used to. 

• Haha 2

Read between the lines guys:

IQ is broke, or needs money to compete. This is why they’re pushing for reps against you guys. If they had money, after 7 months they’d just peace. They need money to go forward because without it, they’d be at a disadvantage, not you at an advantage.

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

7 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I don't know if GOONS very much cares, in all honesty, I've never figured that was part of their mentality.  They're here to grief on an individual level, they don't have grand ambition.  The second they lose a war badly, they're going to all scurry back home to SA.  Off-world history proves that as well.  It even happened more than once!  I don't have any long-term concerns about GOONS, and neither should anyone else.  They're a willing and aware tool, and I can't fault them on that really, they know what they're in for full and well.  NPO is happy to have a tool, and GOONS are happy to be the tool.  It's natural for them to be together.

You haven't seen a GOONS faction run by me, former leaders on a distant world absolutely had no grand ambition, I do.

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

9 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Once they achieve an irrevocable dominance, it spells the end of that realm, much like the old world I've arrived from, which is now nothing but a dead husk thanks to the efforts of the very same individual NPO leaders.

Spent a good majority of my time in "your old world" opposed to NPO, but you couldn't be more off the mark. They dominated from the very beginning, and arguably the world peaked with their defeat, and went into decline thereafter.

So you can shelve the melodramatic world killers bull.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kastor said:

IQ is broke, or needs money to compete. This is why they’re pushing for reps against you guys. If they had money, after 7 months they’d just peace. They need money to go forward because without it, they’d be at a disadvantage, not you at an advantage.

they've been telling us we're out of money for months, hard to feed our families when planes need to be built.

Just keep holding on a little longer, I'm sure our economies are on empty and we can't sit on your nations forever

any day now really

Guest Karl VII
1 hour ago, Kastor said:

That doesn't make a lot of sense though? Usually alliances don't peace out because they're still swimming in money and resources? Isn't it the other way around? You peace out when you can't continue any longer?

13 hours ago, Azaghul said:

The benefit is living in a world where wars aren't long tedious grinding affairs and where you shake hands at the end of a war rather than trying to extort people.

Unfortunately it seems that it's impossible for NPO to care about anything but its own power.  No concern for fair play or honor or the health of the overall community we are a part of.

"Can't we BOTH have a trophy??? I just feel like that's way more fair." - Captain of the losing team

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

You haven't seen a GOONS faction run by me, former leaders on a distant world absolutely had no grand ambition, I do.

It's not a leadership problem, it's a base problem.  Your base signed up with the promise of a particular brand of "fun," and when that fun stops, they aren't going to stick it out, they're going to head home.  GOONS is a glass cannon.

• Like 1

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

10 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

It's not a leadership problem, it's a base problem.  Your base signed up with the promise of a particular brand of "fun," and when that fun stops, they aren't going to stick it out, they're going to head home.  GOONS is a glass cannon.

Well hey, everyone is invited to put this to a test and try to stop our fun if they want.

You haven't succeeded so far though.

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

21 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I see you are unfamiliar with SomethingAwful in 2020. Good luck with this train of thought. 

Queen of Chaos

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It's pretty entertaining to see you spout that we are selfish, when you refuse to relinquish your hordes of cash for peace and instead let your communities delete away.

It's the principle of not giving into extortion and preventing the crap you are trying to pull from becoming the norm.  Preventing it from becoming the norm is beneficial for everyone in the long term.  

There is a reason you are economically in a better position in peace time to us, and that is because 1. Your longevity has put you in a position to have more cities and thus a better commerce base to rebuild/stock cash etc and 2. Because you constantly rolled everyone that was ever a threat to you in quick wars which meant you never really took much damage while the defeated alliances took twice as long to be able to rebuild and that is if you didnt hit them while rebuilding. You always made sure opposing alliances could never surpass you in political and economical power. Now the script is flipped and we are going to push to level the playing field. If you want peace then you have to accept your rebuild will be compromised. You wont be able to rebuild and restock as quickly as you are used to. 

1) We don't have more cities overall, just more cities per player.  Which in the long term is actually a disadvantage because we have a lot less growth potential to realize.  For us, each additional city is far more expensive than yours.  If you need something to "level the playing field", this is it.

2) A lot of that money was sunk into into high tier cities which have a low rate of return in terms of military and economic benefit relative to the cost.  You're argument is based on a contradiction.  If winning a war provides a big economic advantage, you don't need reps for this war to "level the playing field".  If winning a war doesn't provide a big economic advantage, than your argument that the field isn't level because of past wars doesn't hold.

3) If our "economic advantage" was so important, you wouldn't have won this war or the last one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

21 minutes ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

I see you are unfamiliar with SomethingAwful in 2020. Good luck with this train of thought. 

Every iteration of GOONS claims to be different from the last.

Worst Poster Ever (2011)

On 1/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, JordyHamsVII said:

GOONER 

War not over...  *rolls eyes*

I've had about 10 wars the past 3 months. Seven of them the past two weeks.

This "war" has been over for a loooong time if you're coalition B.

Now it's just a waiting game.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.