Scaleable beige time

Etat

I like the idea of scaleable beige time such that at one end of the scale if it is a close fight then minimum beige time is given, however if you’ve been the victim of IT’s the whole war and unable to score more than a UF you’d get a much larger beige time of an amount allowing the breaking of interminable beige cycling. 

Alternatively you might link war duration to beige time turn for turn +1, with war expiry giving beige time also e.g. a five day war (some poor mug being sat on) gets 5 days +1 turn of beige (or some variation of this concept).  I like this idea best

The benefit of this mechanism is it would require people to decide to either fight their wars or give their opponents heaps of beige time and a reasonable chance in round two having been able to rebuild.  It also gives people who are experienced, capable and determined fighters, a chance to kick the backsides of those 25 day old 10 city nations who who’ve had everything bought for them.  This also does not prevent beige cycling, thought does make it harder.

Can't say as I am aware of all the inevitable unintended consequences with such a change, keen to know people's thoughts though!

Celer Et Audax

I would say that we currently enjoy what some might call a ‘cumulative’ system.  Scaleable in the sense I am postulating is intended to mean that the amount of beige time is different in relation to the nature of the war to which it is associated.

Celer Et Audax

Guest PhantomThiefB

At this point, sure but I'd rather it get removed all together. @Alex here, since you don't want to do anything about the constant slot filling let's solve the problem altogether. Remove Beige completely, no protection mode replacement. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, SleepingNinja said:

At this point, sure but I'd rather it get removed all together. @Alex here, since you don't want to do anything about the constant slot filling let's solve the problem altogether. Remove Beige completely, no protection mode replacement. Problem solved.

I believe he did do something about the obvious war slot filling. What you suggest is bad mechanics. 

IpHGyGc.png

Guest PhantomThiefB
Just now, Clarke said:

I believe he did do something about the obvious war slot filling. What you suggest is bad mechanics. 

He didn't. And too bad, if your side didn't cheat in the first place then Alex wouldn't be put in these situations. Since you can't be trusted to play the game in earnest removing Beige is the best way to go in ensuring it isn't being exploited.

4 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

He didn't. And too bad, if your side didn't cheat in the first place then Alex wouldn't be put in these situations. Since you can't be trusted to play the game in earnest removing Beige is the best way to go in ensuring it isn't being exploited.

High government in your coalition were cheating and lying about it on these forums. If you see war slot filling report it otherwise keep your butthurt to yourself. Beige is there to protect vulnerable players who have being defeated, its very necessary. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

Guest PhantomThiefB
6 minutes ago, Clarke said:

High government in your coalition were cheating and lying about it on these forums. If you see war slot filling report it otherwise keep your butthurt to yourself. Beige is there to protect vulnerable players who have being defeated, its very necessary. 

It's no longer necessary when it's being exploited. Feel free to suggest something else though if you have a better idea.

Edit : @Alex also fair compromise is to max beige out at 36 turns and no longer. Once a nation hits 36 turns it has to reach 0 for 2 turns in order for another beige to work. Also since I choose 36 turns, make it so each beige only gives 12 turns. Thus 3 defensive slots beiging you will max the beige time. But personally I still say remove it entirely.

Edited by PhantomThiefB

6 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

It's no longer necessary when it's being exploited. Feel free to suggest something else though if you have a better idea.

Edit : @Alex also fair compromise is to max beige out at 36 turns and no longer. Once a nation hits 36 turns it has to reach 0 for 2 turns in order for another beige to work. Also since I choose 36 turns, make it so each beige only gives 12 turns. Thus 3 defensive slots beiging you will max the beige time. But personally I still say remove it entirely.

Perhaps 3 days protection after a war ends in defeat if the units are depleted entirely,  1/3 rebuys for all military units. That is a fairer system.  

IpHGyGc.png

Just make it so when wars expire they end in beige except instead of the normal 2.1 days they get 1 day or like 1.3 or whatever the frick if you want it to not quite be 4 but close enough to get most of the air back and fight.

Boom, problem solved.

• Upvote 1

If there is a beige system change, I’d be very supportive of a change that makes it less easy to sit on people for long periods of time (not impossible mind as it’s still a valid strategy, just too easy as it currently stands), and that promotes active fighting of each war.   I mean the above are just ideas of course, but mainly any change that supports positive gameplay and progression away from stagnant situations is a bonus imo.

Celer Et Audax

14 hours ago, Etatsorp said:

If there is a beige system change, I’d be very supportive of a change that makes it less easy to sit on people for long periods of time (not impossible mind as it’s still a valid strategy, just too easy as it currently stands), and that promotes active fighting of each war.   I mean the above are just ideas of course, but mainly any change that supports positive gameplay and progression away from stagnant situations is a bonus imo.

Our old beige system combined with the new war system might work. Have airstrikes count toward the win goal but any beige being 7 days or whatever it was might give people time to rebuild without being cycle beiged

gg-fu-banner.png