Reviving the RP?

Yeet...UPDATED: 2020/01/19

It's worth a shot tbh, now that everyone has had some time to mature, explore new things, and such. Since I have the materials required (And somewhat the time) to manage the RP and put forward new innovations I think it wouldn't hurt to try it again.

I've already created a discord server that will hopefully put everyone in one place to talk OOC but also make sure communication to other people is a bit more up to date. The rules below is a DRAFT of what I have in mind, of course people will notice it's really close to what was previously used with a bit of changes. Anything people don't like or want to add just mention it and we can hopefully add compromise to get this thing on the road.

P.S. For the war-lovers, I'm working on an experimental war system that will allow war between nations that is both fair, fun, and makes sense. Of course, you can always add twists to it since it will have a system to stand on.

Also Discord Server: https://discord.gg/EfSKq8s

Draft:

Current Rules: (Draft)

Map Rules:

·         An in-game nation is required to participate in National Roleplay. Nations in vacation mode will still be able to participate.

·         Colony rules TBD

·         Following the initial calendar month, you are permitted to expand at a maximum of four provinces per month. Each expansion requires a post to validate it.

·         Additional colonies of your nation are capped at five, with a maximum of twenty provinces each. Conjoining separate colonies is not allowed.

·         You may move up to four of your own provinces per month to another location on the map. If you choose to do so, a post is required for each time you move land.

·         You must post at least once every thirty days to remain active on the map. Inactive nations will be removed. If you will be in a situation which renders you unable to post, please say so in the discord or let myself now so that it may be recorded down.

·         All map claims must be made within the National Roleplay map thread. Any claims received elsewhere will be considered invalid.

·         All claims must be requested within the National Roleplay map thread prior to the creation of the post associated with it. You will have twenty-four hours following your request to attach a link to your post to validate your expansion. Failure to meet the twenty-four hour requirement will result in your request becoming void.

·         You may gift land to other players, but at a maximum of four provinces per month. In addition, the gifted land must either border the receiving nation’s existing land, or a major body of water. A post is required for each time you choose to gift land.

·         You may not loan land which exceeds four provinces to another player.

·         If you are receiving land from another player as a gift, please provide explicit proof within your reply if it has not been presented already.

.          If the country most of your provinces are on (I.E You claim the UK) you are allowed to claim "some" pieces of land that are faw away (Falklands) as part of your starting provinces. (This rule can be overturned if people don't like it, this is a draft)

National Roleplay Rules:

·         You must create a post in the subforum within two days of signing up, regardless of whether your nation has been added to the map yet. Once you have made your post you will be added to the map.

·         Each post you create must contain at least five sentences to be considered valid. Replies to your own posts will count so long as it carries on the story.

·         You must make reasonable posts and requests from other players in this community.

·         Any development by your nation must be played out over a reasonable amount of time. No matter how advanced you may be, things do not just happen overnight.

·         If knowledge of something is posted in a manner which would render you unable to know about it, then you may not use this knowledge in any way or for any purpose. It isn’t forbidden for you to make an assumption that another nation or player may do something, but you will not know for sure unless such knowledge becomes public.

·         Consent is only required for war. Non-violent posts made without consent are acceptable. (Example: Player A sent military jets through Player B’s airspace without permission. It is up to Player A to respond to Player B’s actions as they see fit.) Basically, if it isn’t a direct attack on your nation, consent isn’t required.

·         All weapons that are magical/sci-fi must have a modern counterpart. All weapons and other supplies (Including civilian) must be modern in a sense of 2010s and earlier on. (In development or non-mass produced doesn't count)

War Rules/War System are still being drafted, stay tuned.

Do let me know what you think. Let's try this again like a failed parent trying to reach into their child's life....aka my life

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Like 2

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I think the requirement of a new topic per month is a bit outdated. Posts that continue a thread/story should be fine as long as they meet the one paragraph requirement.

As for colonies, I think nations should be mindful of barriers that may be imposed by other nations which would prevent them from suddenly moving in a large military force and establishing a presence on nearby land.

I believe the starting amount of provinces should be increased. I don't see a whole bunch of people joining, so it would be best to fill in as much white space as possible.

• Upvote 2

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

14 minutes ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

I think the requirement of a new topic per month is a bit outdated. Posts that continue a thread/story should be fine as long as they meet the one paragraph requirement.

As for colonies, I think nations should be mindful of barriers that may be imposed by other nations which would prevent them from suddenly moving in a large military force and establishing a presence on nearby land.

I believe the starting amount of provinces should be increased. I don't see a whole bunch of people joining, so it would be best to fill in as much white space as possible.

Yea, the starting number for provinces will be at 100 provinces, just to allow people to get a good amount of land and not focus too much on expanding

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I am usually against colonies and land claiming since it usually causes empire to be so huge and stops people (like myself who roleplay only one country) from playing or joining in. (Though I understand giant white space are boring) Maybe colonies or secondary land claims are not priority so others can join in they wish? An example would be: If I am Japan, and I colonize Korea, but then some player wants to be Korea and joins, then they have priority over my claims but I still get to keep Japan. Or if I get half of Japan with the amount of territory I can start with and overtime I "colonize" the rest of Japan then that "new" land can still be claimed by new players. I mean we can make a requirement that they would have to RP some way to make it fun but that way anyone who wants to play Japan or Europe or w/e can still join in and have fun.

aka. No more Calondian resistance... ;)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mayor said:

I am usually against colonies and land claiming since it usually causes empire to be so huge and stops people (like myself who roleplay only one country) from playing or joining in. (Though I understand giant white space are boring) Maybe colonies or secondary land claims are not priority so others can join in they wish? An example would be: If I am Japan, and I colonize Korea, but then some player wants to be Korea and joins, then they have priority over my claims but I still get to keep Japan. Or if I get half of Japan with the amount of territory I can start with and overtime I "colonize" the rest of Japan then that "new" land can still be claimed by new players. I mean we can make a requirement that they would have to RP some way to make it fun but that way anyone who wants to play Japan or Europe or w/e can still join in and have fun.

aka. No more Calondian resistance... ;)

*Cough* Sakuradite Mines *Cough*

That is something that could be worked on though. Perhaps the people of a place that is controlled by someone else votes out the occupier. Though something would need to be done about that land, could fall into a separate moving provinces rule or something. Though I do want to hear more about it

• Like 1

IYT09l4.png

You could also do it by regions instead of the starting 100 provinces, Like I start in Japan, or Germany or Russia. Or if countries too big , then split them down to East and West or North and South. And then any territory outside of their original country region are considered not "de-jure". So Poland etc. are not part of Russia and can still be claimed even if overtime Russia took all of Polands territory. I just think it allows for more people to play as the nation they want to.

Another suggestion is to allow players to be entire countries, whether real or fictional. Maybe not something as big as Russia, but still larger than 100 provinces in some cases.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mayor said:

You could also do it by regions instead of the starting 100 provinces, Like I start in Japan, or Germany or Russia. Or if countries too big , then split them down to East and West or North and South. And then any territory outside of their original country region are considered not "de-jure". So Poland etc. are not part of Russia and can still be claimed even if overtime Russia took all of Polands territory. I just think it allows for more people to play as the nation they want to.

1 hour ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

Another suggestion is to allow players to be entire countries, whether real or fictional. Maybe not something as big as Russia, but still larger than 100 provinces in some cases.

Not sure I follow 100% with whats said beyond being a whole country. Since most countries except for the largest ones are more than 100 provinces.

Fictional countries on the other hand, can also be a lot larger. So I'm not exactly sure how that would work, unless of course you could provide some examples.

As for regions, that could be done with the provinces since most of the time people either pick a real country and claim that land or pick a country that they makeup/based on fiction.

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia An example would be The Empire (in red) from The Saga of Tanya the Evil.

0cdFAVy.jpg

@Eva-BeatriceI feel like if we get a small amount of people to start the RP and it doesn't clash with any other claims it could be allowed. Though, it depends on what other people think as well.

IYT09l4.png

Since I know at least three people will claim Japan at the start, maybe we could fill in Japan (and other disputed territories) with diagonal stripes with each nation's color. If that's decided on, I imagine the 40 provinces of Japan would count towards each nation's 100 province limit.

Edited by Eva-Beatrice
  • Upvote 1