Slot Filling

Arawra

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=588353

Doesn't appear to be a real war, the Acadia nation's ground force is far superior and so any ground attack done with the intent to actually win the war would not result in a Pyrrhic victory. It would be my assumption that the Acadia nation purposefully attacked with as little ground force needed to get a 'victory' in order to minimize damage. This allows the BK nation to maintain ground control against other opponents, kills minimal troops, and steals as little cash as possible. This is all bearing in mind that the two alliances are located within the same political sphere, connected by MDoAP treaties with the alliance Guardian's of the Galaxy.

Acadia nation's military at time of posting:

Acadia-nation.png

BK nation's military at time of posting:

BK-nation.png

Should also be noted that the Acadia nation could easily sweep the BK nation's airforce and so one could reasonably assume this BK nation, along with the other reported BK nation, (see: https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27771-slot-filling/) are attempting to prevent counters and preserve the Acadia nation's aircraft. Reason to believe this, is that Nick is using his aircraft in offensive wars against their enemy combatants which would leave him exposed to counters, these BK nations are occupying the defensive slots to eliminate that risk.

Edited by REAP3R

Look up to the sky above~

I'll repost some of my response from the other thread where these wars were reported, as the alliance leader of the nation in question with some knowledge of these wars at least from Acadia's end. I obviously can't speak for BK here.

In this case, although my DoW thread was erroneously removed, a state of war does exist between BK and Acadia and we have no ingame treaties (nor have we for more than a year).In addition, both sides have actively made attacks, the BK members are blockading my member and annoyingly preventing resupply, while my member has made several ground attacks to secure ground control and gain money from the nations attacking him. He's running dreadfully low on resources due to the blockade, and likely didn't use munitions when making the ground attack, combined with a bad roll. It looks like both sides are trying to win the war to me, and are actively fighting and doing damage to one another. In addition, there's only been time for a few attacks.  I eagerly await Alex's decision here, but it's fairly cut and dried to any non-biased and malicious individuals. 

And of course, if you were just making this report out of spite in the knowledge that the wars would be upheld and simply intending to try and use moderation as a weapon, I must say that would be very unfortunate. Just because BK and Acadia are also at war with you doesn't mean that we can't all be civil members of the PnW community...

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Guest Curufinwe

Hi, I'm the milcom for the accused.  For some reason our ROH against Acadia was removed, but as Leo announced BK considers itself in a state of hostilities with Acadia, which is an ally of our former ally/current enemy TCW.  As for his tactical choices, it's my understanding that making attacks with units other than planes is indeed allowed under the game rules - otherwise anyone who attacked with just soldiers or a single ship (such as Arrgh pirates) would be 'slotfilling.' As this is obviously not the case, I think it's fair to say that him attacking in an area where he has an advantage while trying to win a war is acceptable practice, as are the attacks made by his opponent.

Edited by Curufinwe

13 minutes ago, TheNG said:

I'll repost some of my response from the other thread where these wars were reported, as the alliance leader of the nation in question with some knowledge of these wars at least from Acadia's end. I obviously can't speak for BK here.

In this case, although my DoW thread was erroneously removed, a state of war does exist between BK and Acadia and we have no ingame treaties (nor have we for more than a year).In addition, both sides have actively made attacks, the BK members are blockading my member and annoyingly preventing resupply, while my member has made several ground attacks to secure ground control and gain money from the nations attacking him. He's running dreadfully low on resources due to the blockade, and likely didn't use munitions when making the ground attack, combined with a bad roll. It looks like both sides are trying to win the war to me, and are actively fighting and doing damage to one another. In addition, there's only been time for a few attacks.  I eagerly await Alex's decision here, but it's fairly cut and dried to any non-biased and malicious individuals. 

And of course, if you were just making this report out of spite in the knowledge that the wars would be upheld and simply intending to try and use moderation as a weapon, I must say that would be very unfortunate. Just because BK and Acadia are also at war with you doesn't mean that we can't all be civil members of the PnW community...

It is very unlikely for 351k soldiers get a pyrrhic victory against 230k soldiers, this is even discounting the fact that the Acadia nation has 10k tanks to utilize. Clearly the Acadia nation did not use all their soldiers in the ground attack in an attempt to do minimal damage against the BK nation. Had the Acadia nation not used munitions, there would have been more soldier casualties. I also suspect they are not running low on munitions seeing that they are operating their entire airforce in their offensive wars.

Edited by REAP3R

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, REAP3R said:

It is very unlikely for 351k soldiers get a pyrrhic victory against 230k soldiers, this is even discounting the fact that the Acadia nation has 10k tanks to utilize. Clearly the Acadia nation did not use all their soldiers in the ground attack in an attempt to do minimal damage against the BK nation. Had the Acadia nation not used munitions, there would have been more soldier casualties. I also suspect they are not running low on munitions seeing that they are operating their entire airforce in their offensive wars.

Given the weird RNG I've seen over the years, citing an unexpected pyrrhic victory is hardly compelling evidence of anything.  A bad roll =/= slotfilling any more than doing a GA rather than, say, a naval attack does.  As for your political point, ties two or three steps removed certainly don't make wars less meaningful; otherwise we're not really at war with TCW (BK-GoG-Acadia-TCW) either, now are we?

1 minute ago, Curufinwe said:

Given the weird RNG I've seen over the years, citing an unexpected pyrrhic victory is hardly compelling evidence of anything.  A bad roll =/= slotfilling any more than doing a GA rather than, say, a naval attack does.  As for your political point, ties two or three steps removed certainly don't make wars less meaningful; otherwise we're not really at war with TCW (BK-GoG-Acadia-TCW) either, now are we?

I'm sure Alex can confirm that such a "bad roll" is extremely unlikely, especially when faced with the other compelling evidence. Your ties to GoG were mentioned simply to indicate you are distant allies of the same political sphere.

Edited by REAP3R

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, REAP3R said:

I'm sure Alex can confirm that such a "bad roll" is extremely unlikely, especially when faced with the other compelling evidence. Your ties to GoG were mentioned simply to indicate you are distant allies of the same political sphere.

We're not distant allies - we're two AAs who's other opponents happen to overlap.  If you want an example from Coalition A that establishes the precedent for this state of affairs,  I would direct you to North Point's war page. Despite their apparent membership in Coalition A, there's ample examples of war decs by them against both Coalition A and B alliances, most of which Alex has upheld.  We've citied a clear political justification for our hostilities (which is more than NP can say), publicly announced the situation and our wars all involve legitimate, ongoing attacks by both parties.  If the strongest evidence you can cite is a guy got a pyrrhic win rather than an immense, I suspect that it's unlikely that the war would be overturned if the rules as currently outlined are applied in an even way.

1 minute ago, Curufinwe said:

We're not distant allies - we're two AAs who's other opponents happen to overlap.  If you want an example from Coalition A that establishes the precedent for this state of affairs,  I would direct you to North Point's war page. Despite their apparent membership in Coalition A, there's ample examples of war decs by them against both Coalition A and B alliances, most of which Alex has upheld.  We've citied a clear political justification for our hostilities (which is more than NP can say), publicly announced the situation and our wars all involve legitimate, ongoing attacks by both parties.  If the strongest evidence you can cite is a guy got a pyrrhic win rather than an immense, I suspect that it's unlikely that the war would be overturned if the rules as currently outlined are applied in an even way.

I think given the unlikely possibility for two near impossible bad rolls to occur in both his wars against BK members (see: https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27771-slot-filling/), it's more in the realm of possibility that these nations are cooperating as allies since the BK nations are attempting to prevent counters on the Acadia nation in an effort to preserve their aircraft 

Guest Curufinwe
59 minutes ago, REAP3R said:

I think given the unlikely possibility for two near impossible bad rolls to occur in both his wars against BK members (see: https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27771-slot-filling/), it's more in the realm of possibility that these nations are cooperating as allies since the BK nations are attempting to prevent counters on the Acadia nation in an effort to preserve their aircraft 

Well you're entitled to you opinion, but I think the justification for these wars has been suitably expanded upon.  We'll see what Alex has to say on the matter.

• Administrators

Thank you for the specific and detailed report. I am monitoring the war now, seeing as it's early yet it's hard to say what's going to happen, but it does look like it could turn out to be war slot filling. However, it also does not seem unreasonable that ColoringNick, under blockade is attempting to ration resources efficiently.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic