Slot filling

AkAk

doesn't look like slot filling. As alex said, it would be a lot easier if you reported specific wars following this post 

stop being lazy and do it properly when reporting someone. 

While I am not one of the accused, I am an alliance leader of the nation attacked. 

As has been pointed out here and here

and in multiple other threads by Coalition A members defending alleged slot filling, one does not necessarily need to do air attacks in a war to win it..
In this case, although my DoW thread was erroneously removed, a state of war does exist between BK and Acadia and we have no ingame treaties (now have we for more than a year).In addition, both sides have actively made attacks, the BK members are blockading my member and annoyingly preventing resupply, while my member has made several ground attacks to secure ground control and gain money from the nations attacking him. It looks like both sides are trying to win the war to me.

If these wars are slot filling, then it would almost be the logical conclusion would be that all the NP wars attacking Col A members with the dec reasons of "free beige" are also "slot filling". Huh, how about that? I eagerly await Alex's decision here, but it's fairly cut and dried to any non-biased and malicious individuals. 

And of course, if you were just making this report out of spite in the knowledge that the wars would be upheld and simply intending to try and use moderation as a weapon, I must say that would be very unfortunate. Just because BK and Acadia are also at war with you doesn't mean that we can't all be civil members of the PnW community...

Edited by TheNG
Edit: Added additional links
  • Thanks 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Guest Curufinwe

Hi, I'm one of the accused.  For some reason our ROH against Acadia was removed, but as Leo announced BK considers itself in a state of hostilities with Acadia, which is an ally of our former ally/current enemy TCW.  As for our tactical choices, it's my understanding that making attacks with units other than planes is indeed allowed under the game rules - otherwise anyone who attacked with just soldiers or a single ship (such as Arrgh pirates) would be 'slotfilling.' As this is obviously not the case, I think it's fair to say that our guys attacking in an area where they have an advantage while trying to win a war is acceptable practice.

Edited by Curufinwe

54 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Hi, I'm one of the accused.  For some reason our ROH against Acadia was removed, but as Leo announced BK considers itself in a state of hostilities with Acadia, which is an ally of our former ally/current enemy TCW.  As for our tactical choices, it's my understanding that making attacks with units other than planes is indeed allowed under the game rules - otherwise anyone who attacked with just soldiers or a single ship (such as Arrgh pirates) would be 'slotfilling.' As this is obviously not the case, I think it's fair to say that our guys attacking in an area where they have an advantage while trying to win a war is acceptable practice.

In my opinion that would require willfully ignoring all politics and common sense.

I think Alex is smart enough to not have to go by a rigid set of guidelines that doesn't take anything else into account. 

Edited by AkAk

Guest Curufinwe
59 minutes ago, AkAk said:

In my opinion that would require willfully ignoring all politics and common sense.

I think Alex is smart enough to not have to go by a rigid set of guidelines that don't take anything else into account. 

The precedent set in previous rulings appears to support my position rather than yours.  We'll see how it goes though.

6 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

The precedent set in previous rulings appears to support my position rather than yours.  We'll see how it goes though.

I am not familiar with previous rulings but if that's the stance Alex is taking then I would say it's unfortunate as this type of slot filling undermines basic war mechanics. 

Edited by AkAk

• Administrators

Appears to be a duplicate of these:

I'm going to close this thread to better keep track of things.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic