Naval IT didn't lift blockades.

Daniel Storm

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=60394 This nation is in 3 wars and under a blockade. Two wars against nations that currently have 0 naval ships who can't possibly have a blockade against it. And the third is against a nation that has had an immense triumph naval attack executed against it by another nation later than that nations most recent naval attack against Elkia. And yet Elkia is still blockaded. @Alex what gives?

The blockade functionality the game claims to have for reference.

This loss has resulted in a naval blockade on your nation. To break the blockade you must execute a naval attack that is a success, another player must achieve an immense triumph naval attack on your opponent, or you must destroy all of your opponent's ships. All pending trade offers you have created have been cancelled and refunded to your nation and you will be unable to trade with other nations until the blockade is over.

The most recent naval attack by Igneous on Elkia, and the most recent naval attack on Igneous for reference.

01/15/2020 11:11 pm: Almighty Leader James Hutton of Igneous ordered a naval attack upon the nation of Elkia and eliminated 14 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. Almighty Leader James Hutton's forces lost 5 ships, while Leader SteliosNGNL's defenders lost 22 ships. The attack destroyed 172.18 infrastructure in the city of Exceed.

01/16/2020 12:04 am: Imperator Daniel Storm of Altmoras ordered a naval attack upon the nation of Igneous and eliminated 14 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. Imperator Daniel Storm's forces lost 31 ships, while Almighty Leader James Hutton's defenders lost 49 ships. The attack destroyed 302.72 infrastructure in the city of Another fricking City.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

The blockade was from this war: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=587222

Your report checks out, this naval battle should have lifted the blockade https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=588158

It's unclear at this point why this didn't happen automatically, but I've manually lifted the blockade now. Thank you for letting me know.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

@Alex This is exactly what I DM'd you about on discord... without reply. 

However I believe the game went down around the time of the attacks.
I launched two successful (PV) naval attacks to break a blockade, both did not log on the war timeline https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=584045 even though they showed me the attack result screen. Nor were the MAPS deducted or Resistance of target reduced? 

I had 69 ships v 72 for reference, if you check this attack below I believe it will show as 62 v 72.

01/12/2020 03:19 am

General Blink of Ruination ordered a naval attack upon the nation of Phoenixia and eliminated 0 Resistance. The attack was an utter failure. General Blink's forces lost 14 ships, while Chancellor WSxPhoenix's defenders lost 11 ships. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Alola.

As I happened to lose a total of 7 ships during these two attacks which It didn't show me and I tried to launch a third attack and got a UF due to it.
Due to not breaking my blockade I lost quite a substantial amount of resources to three lost wars which never should of been the case.

Edited by Blink

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Pop said:

@Alex can you check if the same issue happened with this war please. https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=586729

What do you mean same issue? Who is blockaded that you do not think should be?

5 hours ago, Blink said:

@Alex This is exactly what I DM'd you about on discord... without reply. 

However I believe the game went down around the time of the attacks.
I launched two successful (PV) naval attacks to break a blockade, both did not log on the war timeline https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=584045 even though they showed me the attack result screen. Nor were the MAPS deducted or Resistance of target reduced? 

I had 69 ships v 72 for reference, if you check this attack below I believe it will show as 62 v 72.

01/12/2020 03:19 am

General Blink of Ruination ordered a naval attack upon the nation of Phoenixia and eliminated 0 Resistance. The attack was an utter failure. General Blink's forces lost 14 ships, while Chancellor WSxPhoenix's defenders lost 11 ships. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Alola.

As I happened to lose a total of 7 ships during these two attacks which It didn't show me and I tried to launch a third attack and got a UF due to it.
Due to not breaking my blockade I lost quite a substantial amount of resources to three lost wars which never should of been the case.

Sorry, I get so many Discord DMs I frequently lose track of them. Forum reports are a better official record for communication.

I believe the issue that occurred was that your initial attacks never "happened." They were simulated, and you saw displayed results, but for whatever reason none of it was logged. The casualties reported wouldn't have been logged either.

As for getting two PVs and then getting an Utter Failure the third time around when it actually saved the log, that sounds essentially like bad luck. Unfortunately, there's no fair way for me to correct that for everyone. I'm working on addressing the issue itself, but it's all happening by random chance and there's no way for me to keep track and properly "fix" every instance this happens in.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well Hexagon Empire said that his blockade from Igneous didn't get lifted either by my naval IT, but it's been so long since then that I just IT'd the guy again and broke the blockade.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Sorry, I get so many Discord DMs I frequently lose track of them. Forum reports are a better official record for communication.

I believe the issue that occurred was that your initial attacks never "happened." They were simulated, and you saw displayed results, but for whatever reason none of it was logged. The casualties reported wouldn't have been logged either.

As for getting two PVs and then getting an Utter Failure the third time around when it actually saved the log, that sounds essentially like bad luck. Unfortunately, there's no fair way for me to correct that for everyone. I'm working on addressing the issue itself, but it's all happening by random chance and there's no way for me to keep track and properly "fix" every instance this happens in.

I know you're very busy and I understand its all luck on the third attack. however I'm pretty sure I actually lost units from the simulated attacks as you put it. Did the third attacks ship power equal 69 ships? 

Edited by Blink

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Blink said:

I know you're very busy and I understand its all luck on the third attack. however I'm pretty sure I actually lost units from the simulated attacks as you put it. Did the third attacks ship power equal 69 ships? 

I don't track units sent, but I do track gasoline and munitions used, which we can use to infer the number of ships sent by the attacker.

The first naval attack you did used 3 munitions and 2 gasoline, suggesting you only sent 1 Ship.

In the second naval attack you did, you used 186 munitions and 124 gasoline, suggesting you sent 62 Ships.

I see an attack record for this war which immediately preceded the attack in question where you lost 7 Ships: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=584058

I believe that explains where your 7 ships went.

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't track units sent, but I do track gasoline and munitions used, which we can use to infer the number of ships sent by the attacker.

The first naval attack you did used 3 munitions and 2 gasoline, suggesting you only sent 1 Ship.

In the second naval attack you did, you used 186 munitions and 124 gasoline, suggesting you sent 62 Ships.

I'm talking about the unlogged attacks at 3.16am (2x PV, 1x UF) all naval. I saw two PV I actually did the second as I noted the blockade hadn't lifted. The game only recorded me doing the third attack at 3.16am. 

I'm not looking to gain from this just trying to help you find the problem. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Blink said:

I'm talking about the unlogged attacks at 3.16am (2x PV, 1x UF) all naval. I saw two PV I actually did the second as I noted the blockade hadn't lifted. The game only recorded me doing the third attack at 3.16am. 

I'm not looking to gain from this just trying to help you find the problem. 

Sure, but I think that you only having 62 Ships in the attack was correct, as you lost 7 immediately before that attack in a different attack in another war.

I believe that the attack results you saw were entirely un-logged. (Like they never happened.)

Forums Rules | Game Link