Theory of a Dead Man

Raoul Duke

4 minutes ago, Raoul Duke said:

Hello Orbis, Raoul Duke here, Co-Co-Leader of The Horsemen and verified compulsory beiger.

Glad to be a part of this nonsense again and looking forward to blowing up at least 14 more imaginary tanks before I over-extend and lose my illusory air force.

But

What kind of quagmire is this? Both sides appear to believe they are fighting for the existence of the game. Both sides love giving orders and pretending they are General Patton. Both sides believe the other is the villain.

Orbis has become Earth without the real smell of blood or the real pain of death (full disclosure: I've never died but I have seen it. Looks unpleasant.)

As always, this could be settled with a virtual handshake and a mandatory "good game" but the powers that remain will continue to whip their followers into a frenzy and demand allegiance and compliance for some goal which is never really defined.

This isn't WWIII. This is a group of boys (and maybe 4 chicks) who are using their thumbs or index fingers to do the same thing every politician on the actual earth does: Manipulate, spin and control.

Chill out you savages.

Roquentin isn't the Great Satan.

Adrienne isn't the harbinger of the apocalypse.

We're all just people pretending to blow each other up for stats and pride.

Alright I have to go air strike UPN for some reason.

I gotta go launch some missiles at BK so, I feel ya.

Peace in our time

1 minute ago, Papi Salamander 2.0 said:

shouldnt have allied to NPO and Goons then :) 

U should probably switch sides for all those times u have been attacked by ur own allies. I think enough is enough for you guys.

but then the IQ meme would not exist 

• Haha 1

Hi.

4 minutes ago, Papi Salamander 2.0 said:

nvm i read wrong ( i though u guys finally realized that iq is a bad spot

its fine :P

im an ayylien born into the propaganda school of IQ... well i guess OD now a days. Its my job to show blind faith XD 

this war is firing up again and i like that. gives me something to do for 5 minutes every day. 

Hi.

2 hours ago, Raoul Duke said:

Roquentin isn't the Great Satan.

Jury is still out on that one, none of us have seen Roq and Satan in the same room after all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

On 1/15/2020 at 1:25 PM, Raoul Duke said:

What kind of quagmire is this? Both sides appear to believe they are fighting for the existence of the game. Both sides love giving orders and pretending they are General Patton. Both sides believe the other is the villain.

I resent this. We’re just here to kill whitey.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Thalmor said:

What everyone fails to realize is that although there is a villain, that villain is not Roquentin. It's also not Leo, it's not Sphinx, it's not Abbas, it's not Keegoz, it's not Adrienne, it's not Thrax, it's not Kev, and it's not Partisan.

The real villain all along as been me, and you all have been duped. 

In reality, most people behave as rational actors and sociological principles / org theory / physics / etc are to blame.

In other words, the REAL villain, is Alex.

On the other hand, this game both breeds sociopathic behavior and selects for sociopaths, so... when will I have a Rush Sykes moaning in public about all the lying and deceit he had to do once he became gov?

Edited by Inst
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inst said:

On the other hand, this game both breeds sociopathic behavior and selects for sociopaths, so... when will I have a Rush Sykes moaning in public about all the lying and deceit he had to do once he became gov?

This is actually true since we have no real objective and it's all just drama between specific actors with no resolution, then it will breed hate and lying and so on.

That's something to consider in terms of adding something to the game where cooperation is encouraged or at least friendly competition rather than it being like some sort of gang war without any drugs involved. Ultimately if we always have to cannibalize each other, then it's going to be pretty negative.

Otherwise, nothing stops this train.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Inst said:

I don't know about this part. I've interacted with a lot of people in my 5 years of playing, and there's only 2 people I know who definitely fall into the 'clinically a sociopath' group. The game does attract a very narrow and 'interesting' set of people though.

56 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

This is actually true since we have no real objective and it's all just drama between specific actors with no resolution, then it will breed hate and lying and so on.

That's something to consider in terms of adding something to the game where cooperation is encouraged or at least friendly competition rather than it being like some sort of gang war without any drugs involved. Ultimately if we always have to cannibalize each other, then it's going to be pretty negative.

Otherwise, nothing stops this train.

I like the idea of having global events (like a zombie apocalypse or a massive asteroid) that will encourage alliances everywhere to pool resources together to prevent massive damage to infra/land/military/improvements. These events would also present opportunities for alliances to harm each other as well, though (to allow for drama). 

I've thought a lot about the astroid one in particular. I should type my thoughts down and present it in the suggestions subforum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png