Wiki Bias

Artifex

4 minutes ago, Nick McScott said:

Dude will you just shut up for a few weeks or do you feel the incessant need to fill every post with your mindless ramblings about stuff that doesn't matter, also @Alex he is bypassing filters with his engrish. Naztys is obviously a bypass for the term for the fascist party in Germany in the 1930s -1940s. Please fix this I've seen it multiple times from this account. 

A Werd from Da Herd,

Y r u spammin' dis poast.

Firstlys, Da Cowz r havin' a blaste, an were voted besst new addishun 2 da forums.

Seconds, Im askin' 4 proof da GOONS wan da gam 2 end, an I clarfied GOONS goles. Doz NE 1 hav proof da GOONS wan 2 destroye da games? Showe receepts. Don gottem? OK quit sayin' dat aboot Da GOONS.

Sinsteerly,

Da Cowz.

• Like 6

free_vacation_coupon.png

3 minutes ago, Cathy said:

Im askin' 4 proof da GOONS wan da gam 2 end

A man in a crowd says, "The murderer is greasy no life scum," and suddenly someone yells, "Why are you accusing me of murder?"

Edited by Malleator
  • Upvote 1

Love you

10 minutes ago, Nick McScott said:

Dude will you just shut up for a few weeks or do you feel the incessant need to fill every post with your mindless ramblings about stuff that doesn't matter, also @Alex he is bypassing filters with his engrish. Naztys is obviously a bypass for the term for the fascist party in Germany in the 1930s -1940s. Please fix this I've seen it multiple times from this account. 

Mess with the Moo-Moos, Yer gonna get the Boo-Boos, Compadre. 

• Haha 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

Just now, Malleator said:

A man in a crowd says, "The murderer is greasy no life scum," and suddenly someone yells, "Why are you excusing me of murder?"

Wee R Cowz tho.

Poast receepts or don. Ur choice.

• Upvote 1

free_vacation_coupon.png

Here's the most recent receipt if you really want it.
unknown.png

[14.01.2020, 00:32:34] KrisWolfe: I dont really play this game. More like destroy it and ruin it for everyone.
[14.01.2020, 00:32:55] KrisWolfe: And then use my labors as bullet points on my resume

Codes: 666514981721735168, 666515068011151391

Now can we please address the topic of wiki bias?

Love you

Malleator, they are goobers, they don't know any better. 'Winning' on the wiki is all they can do since their alliance is just so shit. Let them have this one victory before they disband. We can always edit the wiki later and they won't even know the difference.

Edited by Mayor
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Malleator said:

unknown.png

I have a quick question for you: do you believe Kris was being literal when he said he intends to update his résumé in this way?

Edited by Captain Splendid

1 minute ago, Mayor said:

they don't know any bette

Some of our new friends may not be accustomed to our culture of accepting that the wiki is a neutral/objective ground and not to be so blatantly biased and propagandized.

I just want to preserve PnW history more than anything; troll on the forums all you want, attack my nation, call me names, I don't care, but I love viewing and reading natsim history, and the thought of looking back ten years from now only to see subjectivity running amok in what should be a place of objectivity just tears me up. Please, if one thing is spared in this crusade of destruction, let it be the wiki.

• Upvote 3

Love you

11 minutes ago, Malleator said:

unknown.png

[14.01.2020, 00:32:34] KrisWolfe: I dont really play this game. More like destroy it and ruin it for everyone.
[14.01.2020, 00:32:55] KrisWolfe: And then use my labors as bullet points on my resume

Codes: 666514981721735168, 666515068011151391

Now can we please address the topic of wiki bias?

LAFFO @ Kris. Hez a crazee GOON u rite. Or r u?

Edited by Cathy

free_vacation_coupon.png

58 minutes ago, Malleator said:

complaining about writing

Would you prefer we edit our player names in 3 times within 1 paragraph like another editor of that article does? I'm sorry that you have an issue with creative writing about a browser game. That said, the article is pending a full re-write because of the absolutely abysmal writing quality for 90% of this article.

1gEu.png

I mean, look at this. This is abysmal. The edit log reveals that the person himself just jammed his name in all over the article.

You got a great point about this article being trashy, and I intend to do a full scale re-write using my talents as a 10 year UESP wiki editor.

Edited by Blutarch Mann
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Would you prefer we edit our player names in 3 times within 1 paragraph like another editor of that article does? I'm sorry that you have an issue with creative writing about a browser game.

I think his issue is the fact that we're delving ever deeper into politicized screwing with what should be a (relatively) unbiased account of the events in question. If you wish to have fun with "creative" writing, feel free to do so in the appropriate sections of the OWF or the forum pages corresponding to your alliance/nations. It's really not that hard.

As a player who took a pretty long break from this game, the wiki was invaluable in getting back to speed on some of the wars/events that had unfolded in my absence. This current attempt to single-handily dictate and bastardize this record of the events at hand only serves to ruin that.

• Upvote 1

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

16 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Would you prefer we edit our player names in 3 times within 1 paragraph

I would honestly prefer this over biased articles.

16 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

You got a great point about this article being trashy, and I intend to do a full scale re-write using my talents as a 10 year UESP wiki editor.

If it is your sincere goal to remake the article into a proper state that is objective, unbiased as possible, and a true documentation of history, I will not only welcome your attempts but thank you for your effort.

Edited by Malleator

Love you

Just now, Asierith said:

This current attempt to single-handily dictate and bastardize this record of the events at hand only serves to ruin that.

There are a lot of efforts to do this on the wiki-page, yes. Namely, Minesome inserting his name all over the article.

Trust me, that opening paragraph read a lot better before Minesome """""undid vandalization"""". You should check the edit history on the wiki. I don't disagree at all that it reads terribly now, and as I've stated I plan to do a re-write to fix objectivity, ensure neutrality, and not paint either side as good/bad.

1 hour ago, Malleator said:

Forcing the name of the global so soon isn't a great thing to do, especially assigning such an inflammatory name such as, "The Fash Bash Festival."

"Great Leak War" isn't much better, but the war name isn't going to be decided until well after the war is concluded. Wiki mods ruled on this.

Describing any side of the war in any positive or negative light is a sign of bias and strays from objectivity. Describing the sides as"The long antiquated empires" and "scrappy young rebellions" is an example of this. 

Apologies, I can see how you could come to this assumption. Let me explain my thought process behind the titles.

The sphere that is the side opposing Opus Dei is composed of incredibly old and well respected nations that everyone loves and understands who are using outdated but reliable technology such as google spreadsheets. Therefore, the term "antiquated empire" applies. It is not an insult, merely an observation.

Opus Dei is a brand new bloc, people keep calling it IQ for some reason, with one of their key lynchpin member alliances being under a year old. They are, by definition, young, and rebelling against the current order.

Think of it as, perhaps, the Galactic Republic versus the Separatists. The Separatists were the young, freshly formed rebel faction with the superior technological advantage of the droid army, after all. That doesn't make them the good guys in the equation, or the bad guys!

Needless and propagandist conjecture such as, "Hoping to take the power vacuum that was held by the now-defunct coalitions," also has no place on the wiki,

After the events of the Dial-Up War, KERTOGG is beaten into the ground. Any look at their governmental bodies shows destroyed infrastructure, non-stop blockading, and a general lack of will to keep playing the game. It's clear to an outside observer of Dial-up like myself that the war is all but over, and is merely waiting on the ink to dry on the treaty. A new bloc forming to counter the existence of the previous bloc is fairly common politically and strategically.

nor does the complete redaction or corruption of facts and events, many of which are completely missing from the linked page.

You're right.

The wiki is missing a lot of key events, which is mainly because the two key editors for the article right now are:

Minesome, who keeps only adding stuff that concerns him directly, a severe breach of the conflict of interest guidelines adhered to by all wikipedia-style websites. I've tried to talk to him about this, and ask him to stop putting his name all over everything, but he insists that it's okay because he's his own source for his information. Which, as we all know, is a huge breach of acceptable source rules as per wiki editing standards since the dawn of the wiki. He also seems to lack any sense of grammatical structure and writes like a person who flunked out of high school English classes, which makes communicating that his edits to the wiki are more disruptive than helpful even when he isn't editing his name into everything in some fit of narcissistic rage.

Myself, who keeps having his paragraphs edited poorly by Minesome when I'm not logged in. The entire center of the article was much nicer looking, but Minesome destroyed it because I had made the article way more objective and neutral instead of focusing 100% on his involvement with the war. I've tried talking with him about this multiple times, all he has to say on the matter is to scream that removing his name is vandalism.

The war is also advancing at a break-neck pace, and between re-re-rewriting paragraphs that Minesome has ruined, I have not had the time to cover the new stuff.

20 minutes ago, Malleator said:

If it is your sincere objective to remake the article into a proper state that is objective, unbiased as possible, and a true documentation of history, I will not only welcome your attempts but thank you for your effort.

That's the goal. The sooner Minesome stops editing the article to jam his name in every single paragraph, the faster we can actually start getting back to documenting things, without having to worry about if his name gets misplaced about him just reverting every change made.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Would you prefer we edit our player names in 3 times within 1 paragraph like another editor of that article does? I'm sorry that you have an issue with creative writing about a browser game. That said, the article is pending a full re-write because of the absolutely abysmal writing quality for 90% of this article.

1gEu.png

I mean, look at this. This is abysmal. The edit log reveals that the person himself just jammed his name in all over the article.

Sounds like something you need to take up with Minesome.

Btw, isn't he on the same side as you guys in that war? 

Just now, Filmore said:

Sounds like something you need to take up with Minesome.

Btw, isn't he on the same side as you guys in that war? 

As mentioned in the previous post, we've tried. He just digs in his heels and screams that he's his own source.

Yeah, he's within the bloc. I think he's floating around as some low-gov guy in Brotherhood of Clouds? I'd have to check, since we were trying to clean up the commanders list as it was extremely bloated and noticed that he was claiming to be a bloc commander despite uh, not being a bloc commander in any way, shape, or form.