[Economy] Fix raw rss output

Raphael

I'm sure this was brought up before, but I can't find it.

The system that gives percentage boosts to production has seemingly tampered with the self-sufficiency of nations.

I think every nation should be able to specialize into producing at least one manufactured resource self-sufficiently. I believe the intent of @Alex was to encourage specialization.

Therefore, my suggestion is to fix the improvements that won't produce enough to keep up with refinement. Right now I can confirm that iron can't keep up with steel if you have the Ironworks project. Others might also be affected and in need of fixing.

• Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

But then you would need coal mines as well? so for a standard nation you would need what 3k infra to have manu, raws and 114% coms? and at that rate you can easy buy the raws  anyway.

looking at your nation with 2.5k infra, 6 coal and 6 iron and 5 steel mills you are at 6.29%, you would be far better off dropping the iron mines getting coal mines to get 50% bonus instead of 25% and selling the coal and buying the iron, and maybe fix that disease rate.

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

9 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

But then you would need coal mines as well? so for a standard nation you would need what 3k infra to have manu, raws and 114% coms? and at that rate you can easy buy the raws  anyway.

looking at your nation with 2.5k infra, 6 coal and 6 iron and 5 steel mills you are at 6.29%, you would be far better off dropping the iron mines getting coal mines to get 50% bonus instead of 25% and selling the coal and buying the iron, and maybe fix that disease rate.

Genuine thanks for your advice, but that's off topic to the suggestion :P Balance should exist for balance's sake, if nothing else.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
3 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Genuine thanks for your advice, but that's off topic to the suggestion :P Balance should exist for balance's sake, if nothing else.

but that's the whole point, you are self-sufficiently unless you buy the projects, what would be needed is a project that boosted mining of iron and such not to fix what we already have.

1 hour ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

but that's the whole point, you are self-sufficiently unless you buy the projects, what would be needed is a project that boosted mining of iron and such not to fix what we already have.

The problem with that is it will harm new players. If we added it the price for raws would drop from more production. Older players wouldn't be affected as they would get the project. However newer players would be hurt as they wouldn't have anywhere where they could easyly compete right off the bat. The current setup where some resources benefit from projects/land and some don't make a good balance for both older and newer players.

Edited by lightside

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, lightside said:

The problem with that is it will harm new players. If we added it the price for raws would drop from more production. Older players wouldn't be affected as they would get the project. However newer players would be hurt as they wouldn't have anywhere where they could easyly compete right off the bat. The current setup where some resources benefit from projects/land and some don't make a good balance for both older and newer players.

Why should new players have the same benefit of older players, what next they should start with 20 cities?

34 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Why should new players have the same benefit of older players, what next they should start with 20 cities?

They don't. Everyone one here started by making raws and benefiting from them. I imagine even you. Your using slippery slope and straw man arguments. Those have no place in discussion. 

On 1/14/2020 at 11:31 AM, lightside said:

Just buy the extra you need from the market. If the numbers were perfect then no one would have any need to interact. Which I think wouldn't be good the game.

It is my opinion, and probably the original intent of Alex, that a nation should be able to reasonably produce one manufactured resource self-sufficiently.

You *have* to trade for the others as improvement slot limitations and resource distributions per continent won't allow you to produce all the resources in the game.

Thus - we need to balance raw outputs with manufactory input requirements.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 1/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, lightside said:

They don't. Everyone one here started by making raws and benefiting from them. I imagine even you. Your using slippery slope and straw man arguments. Those have no place in discussion. 

No not at all, letting someone be able to make the amount of iron they need for steal with the project, how will new nations sell RAWs when all whales and larger or even mid side nations wont need to buy what they can just mine themselves ?

2 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

No not at all, letting someone be able to make the amount of iron they need for steal with the project, how will new nations sell RAWs when all whales and larger or even mid side nations wont need to buy what they can just mine themselves ?

Simple. We don't implement this. As I suggested before.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
6 minutes ago, lightside said:

Simple. We don't implement this. As I suggested before.

why we disagreeing, i said it shouldnt be implements, I have said for a long time Alex should do it so Manu goods is more profitable for larger nations and Raws for newer nations making trading good