Unacceptable Behavior

Cooper_

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I’ll be honest, at this point in the war everything is fair game. I’m glad it’s happened to BK rather than any other alliance.

As someone on the same side as you, no it isn't. Hacking is not 'fair game'

2 hours ago, Cypher said:

I’ll be honest, at this point in the war everything is fair game. I’m glad it’s happened to BK rather than any other alliance.

Get out.

• Upvote 2

Queen of Chaos

I refuse to become someone like Roq, Keshav or whoever the hell the no one infront of Acadia is that I'd want to kill this game. So no. 

Hope the culprit is found and banned.

Edited by alyster
  • Upvote 6

Guest PhantomThiefB

Coming from you I'm somewhat surprised. I seem to remember you getting real heated when I mentioned GOONs mercy board wasn't a big deal. Way to be a hypocrite.

@Cooper_ Straight up appreciate the call out here, it's nice to see there are still lines that neither side wishes to cross. Also shout out to all the Coalition A peeps that also chimed in. It's nice seeing a topic that's actually fighting the Toxicity & wrongdoings that go farther than IC.

1 hour ago, Frawley said:

Wow, you realise we play a game right.

No personal information was breached, nothing personal got out. You’re right that we’re playing a game, and the actions and consequences that took place remained solely within the game. It’s all fair game and to pretend you wouldn’t wish the same upon the other coalition would be a lie. You’re all smart enough to know the benefits of an action like this.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Υou must be one of those guys that steal money from the bank in Monopoly... :<

A mentality like this makes gaming pointless. Playing a game by its rules makes it possible to enjoy it and feel satisfaction about winning in it.

1 hour ago, namukara said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve never once stolen money from the bank ~

Regardless, I’m most likely in the silent minority on how far the term “fair game” can go and the list of actions considered under it. I just wear what should and shouldn’t happen in game like a badge. 

19 minutes ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

Get out.

No u.

23 minutes ago, alyster said:

I refuse to become someone like Roq, Keshav or whoever the hell the no one infront of Acadia is that I'd want to kill this game. So no. 

Me being glad that BK was targeted rather than anyone else is a far cry from wanting the game to die. Ultimately it was one cog in a wheel that took the bullet rather than us having to watch the game fade away into obscurity as a result of the war.

12 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

Coming from you I'm somewhat surprised. I seem to remember you getting real heated when I mentioned GOONs mercy board wasn't a big deal. Way to be a hypocrite.

Citation needed. I’ve always been honest about my opinion on the GOONs board, Keshav can attest to it when we spoke months ago about me wishing for it to be implemented. I’ll always be in favour of in-game punishments. Breaching the personal line such as forcing people to eat dog food or suggesting recording themselves eat cat food for peace is too far and that’s where I would draw the line.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Cooper for making this threading and shame on the people who praise hacking/phishing. 

if hacking/phishing was ever OK, 

what's stopping someone, anyone, from making a password generator jailbreak TOOL to hack into everyone's nations, use VPNs so they don't get caught, and have all their money/resources stolen, and perhaps even the nation itself, and umm actions and messages done without your consent by someone else under your name... yeah 

Hell, even without such a tool, phishing by scamming idiots (or the technologically illiterate) into giving up their passwords is ruled illegal in the majority of games. Including accessing someone else's account without consent just because his password was as easy as "Password" someone actually did that on NS (another game) and NS reversed the hack and restored the account.  It's not that hard to have common sense and not phrase this.

hacking/phishing is basically *cheating*, if that's ever allowed, then what's stopping someone from multiing to "hit BK" (or anyone else as an example) next but with multis? Exactly nothing since they're both cheating.

(Also don't even know Leo) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frawley said:

Wow, you realise we play a game right.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Υou must be one of those guys that steal money from the bank in Monopoly... :<

A mentality like this makes gaming pointless. Playing a game by its rules makes it possible to enjoy it and feel satisfaction about winning in it.

1 hour ago, namukara said:

1 hour ago, alyster said:

Don't be dumb and share ur login details with anyone, its really that simple.  Also i'll add one thing: if it was that then it was a dumb move to share login details which is also against the rules.

9 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Thank you Cooper for making this threading and shame on the people who praise hacking/phishing. 

if hacking/phishing was ever OK, 

what's stopping someone, anyone, from making a password generator jailbreak TOOL to hack into everyone's nations, use VPNs so they don't get caught, and have all their money/resources stolen, and perhaps even the nation itself, and umm actions and messages done without your consent by someone else under your name... yeah 

Hell, even without such a tool, phishing by scamming idiots (or the technologically illiterate) into giving up their passwords is ruled illegal in the majority of games. Including accessing someone else's account without consent just because his password was as easy as "Password" someone actually did that on NS (another game) and NS reversed the hack and restored the account.  It's not that hard to have common sense and not phrase this.

hacking/phishing is basically *cheating*, if that's ever allowed, then what's stopping someone from multiing to "hit BK" (or anyone else as an example) next but with multis? Exactly nothing since they're both cheating.

(Also don't even know Leo) 

Don't be dumb and click on links posted elsewhere, open a new tab and write the link urself.

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
  • Upvote 6
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

Cypher: "No personal information was breached, nothing personal got out. You’re right that we’re playing a game, and the actions and consequences that took place remained solely within the game. It’s all fair game and to pretend you wouldn’t wish the same upon the other coalition would be a lie. You’re all smart enough to know the benefits of an action like this."

no Cypher, if this were fair game, why is not everyone making Multiis? Surely that's "fair game" since "no personal info" were breac?  Everyone would be making mass multis to fight wars for them using VPNs and mass nation making tools since that's within the game? but no one does that 
image0.png

Only #1 botters  and coders would win >_> 

anyway good luck 

Before I leave, also besides PnW hacks, Discord hack can be reported to discord(though harder to deal with)

Somewhat PSA-ish:
> If somebody sends you a Nitro code through a QR code, do not scan it. Block them immediately. If you scan the code your account will be stolen and you'll log into your Discord account on the hacker's desktop, giving them full access to your account. Block them immediately.

https://twitter.com/lnfamousPhoenix/status/1216297617916944385

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Yuno said:

Cypher: "No personal information was breached, nothing personal got out. You’re right that we’re playing a game, and the actions and consequences that took place remained solely within the game. It’s all fair game and to pretend you wouldn’t wish the same upon the other coalition would be a lie. You’re all smart enough to know the benefits of an action like this."

no Cypher, if this were fair game, why is not everyone making Multiis? Surely that's "fair game" since "no personal info" were breac?  Everyone would be making mass multis to fight wars for them using VPNs and mass nation making tools since that's within the game? but no one does that 
image0.png

Only #1 botters  and coders would win >_> 

anyway good luck 

You’re not going to get a full response from me on whether multis should actually be used or not simply because comparing owning and coordinating whole multi farms is vastly different to being daft enough to let someone access your account and edit your members’ permissions. Furthermore, I have no idea what that screenshot is, who said it and who it’s referencing. If that’s you or or another gov member condemning a member for having multis then good on you. 

There was another issue with a hack a few days ago but someone called Alex decided not to reply to discord DMs
I believe the same vulnerability was used for both these "hacks"

If they got the password because Leo told them, or they used the BK scripts to do this, I actually don't have a huge issue. Leo's trust shouldn't have been broken, however he shouldn't have been dumb enough to give out his password to someone he didn't trust. I feel for him, but more and more it looks like he's the one at fault and not someone hacking into the game or one of his accounts.

I think kicking BK members and hurting their community is actually fine if no illegal action took place. If someone couped Leo and did this, no one would have a huge issue and be wrapping themselves around them. I find it highly likely that Leo messed up along the line rather than someone actually hacked him. 

Edited by Kastor
Basically: If they used in-game things that we're not malicious, then its fine, and Alex shouldn't ban them. If they used out-of-game issues, then yes, they should be banned.
  • Upvote 5

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I won't comment on the ethics or politics of the situation. Rather, I'm going to point out this: The 'bk-net' banking automation was, and if they're dumb enough to have kept it around still remains an insanely childish and unprofessional piece of programming. Whoever wrote the scripts, I ask you:

Why, pray tell, did you not have any sanity checks or human validation needed before large-scale/repeated withdrawals? That's just dumb programming. Sure, security subroutines are inconvenient, but it's a hell of a lot less inconvenient than getting screwed over 100% when (not if) there's a failure. Always consider how your program responds to a failure, including user failure, that's just basic.

More basic than that, though: Why did you undermine Sheepy's security by using your own login credentials as part of a 3rd party system? You know full well, NEVER under ANY circumstances surrender your login information! Not to the administrators (if they ask, they're an impersonator), not to claim a prize (I have a discount bridge to sell you, it's fresh off the grill!), not to your allies (evidently), not even to your own family (drama happens, yo).

It's the most basic of basics: Protect yourself. It's almost impossible to be 'hacked' if you practice good internet hygeine. Don't click on anything unfamiliar especially if it asks you to or offers you something for doing so that you didn't explicitly ask for beforehand, don't run any unfamiliar programs, use antivirus and firewall (Avast is a good option), use different passwords for every service, and for the love of heck don't ever share login credentials.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

Dang. Weird posters. Messing up an entire alliance with not normal means is ok? Did you became so effective at forum wars you started to believe your own bs? Doesnt even smell funny anymore?

Whatever you think of BK and or Leo, too harsh on war dodgers, too hard on bank stealers, or whatever, this was clearly not a regular tactic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I mean. At least there's one group of people who are so far off what's morally and factually true here. Gold and blue, boys and girls. Take a bow.

I'm surprised to see Cypher reduced to this kind of rabble. He used to be a reasonable person.

And to finish the non-Haiku: Scarf, you're very far from having any idea what you're talking about, it seems. Nice try at appearing whatever little bit sincere.

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

1 hour ago, King Olafr of the Faroes said:

Scarf, you're very far from having any idea what you're talking about, it seems. Nice try at appearing whatever little bit sincere.

He's simply saying unsafe Cybersex/BKnet cyberorgies cause/s STDs, not that hard to logic m9

Edited by Unwanted
  • Upvote 2

-SAXON-

-Warband Leader of the Nordic Sea Raiders-

Niflheimr%20riki.png

8 hours ago, Cypher said:

I find BK to be an aggressive and toxic alliance but anyone cheating in the game is a failure and literally can't even play this simple of a game it's just sad. However like Kastor said it is most likely BK's own incompetence that led to this issue. A similar situation can lead to any alliance that uses heavy automation. However saying cheating itself is fair game is just ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cypher said:

As Victim of Hacking (see quote Below), I feel really Offended and annoyed at your post.
1º By any circumstance Hacking is legal.
(this in US I was about to search in several countries but lazy day: https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/hacking-laws-and-punishments.html )
2º There is a bunch of Terms and Conditions that IT IS SUPPOSED you read and agreed before making a game account.
Here (Click) if you forgot about their existence, And Despite does not say nothing of Hacking ( @Alex that would be a nice update to T&C assuming people reads it) It says and Quote:

Governing Law

This Agreement (and any futher rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Montana, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.

3º In what kind of mind, Hack a game account is correct or is it to Celebrate or encourage because  and I quote you again: <<I’ll be honest, at this point in the war everything is fair game.  I’m glad it’s happened to BK>> I question your moral and ethical capacity right now and thank God that we do not share a city and/or social environment, and I look up to heaven asking that your arguments have only been a moment of idiocy and not that your moral and ethical capacity is actually that corrupted.

If you are glad of that action, and you say it public, I do not know why team allows you to stay. It just go beyond the limit of tolerance.

6 hours ago, Yuno said:

[...] someone actually did that on NS (another game) and NS reversed the hack and restored the account.  It's not that hard to have common sense and not phrase this.

Ugh... Do not remind me that... Because it was not only my nations, was my facebook, gmail, twitter, and work platform.
Now I have a Yandex Password manager that reminds me to change Passwords every 15 days. And Still when I by mistake type my password with a lower or a Cap and says error I freak out as hell.

Edited by Khanter Molchaniye
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

A member of an AA who made it their goal to keep the war going till players delete, and is forcing their own allies to their own demands is talking about morals here.

Whats factually true in this situation by the way?

Says the leader of an alliance who is happy to see players delete rather than accept Col B's list of surrender terms. Furthermore as a leader, if your members are tired of war and on the verge of leaving, then it is your responsibility to either A. Accept surrender terms if the alliance as a whole is struggling or B. Direct your members to get individual surrender terms if they do not wish to further participate. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Wow. A lot of you didn't have to work very hard to appear villainous from your just base personality it looks like.

No, actually. It was one person who said they're glad BK got infiltrated. The rest are just expressing doubt at the situation or trying to point light to any anomalies.

• Like 1