Unacceptable Behavior

Cooper_

Just now, Epi said:

This was definitely malicious, the timing is not coincidental. It seems TKR at least feigns repute, whilst the rest of you abandon it. 

Indeed it is not coincidental. A large section of your coalition turns against you, and an entirely uninvolved sphere is drawn into the fight against you. I find it all very suspicious.

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

17 minutes ago, RefleX said:

Guys, you forget that @Alex can literally just revert the game’s State back like a few hours or days and everything will be fine. I’m all for bashing the perpetrator with the ban hammer, but we don’t need to freak out about the game itself. He’s done it before, he’ll do it again.

Rolling the game back is necessary in cases of significant exploits. If it turns out to be that, cool, seriously consider rolling it back. But if it's a result of an individual account being hacked, which doesn't put fault on the game itself (in terms of administration, not referring to community), it's not quite necessary. Naturally, I'd say the same if this happened to Rose or anyone else but of course, everyone's probably too antsy about the war to believe that. :v 

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 4
xzhPlEh.png?1

7 minutes ago, Epi said:

This was definitely malicious, the timing is not coincidental. It seems TKR at least feigns an honorable reputation, whilst the rest of you abandon it. 

Woe befalls those that work with Cock Bloc. 

oh boy, here we go politicking again!

How about we leave the IC where it belongs, in the game, and the OOC (hacks or otherwise) where they belong, in the hands of Administration and BK leadership.

1 minute ago, Skepta said:

I did not spread the false news that our bloc was called Formula One (F1) bloc and then get in trouble for doing so, for you to rename it to "Cock Bloc" Epi!

I believe cockbloc is the correct name sir. 

5 minutes ago, Leo the Great said:

Yes , it was a hack, but glad BK is so bad y’all would literally prefer the game be broken if it meant it hurts us. 

Personally I just have many questions about it.  All I noticed was players being removed from the AA (Which is why people were going around saying it was a bad script run that happened).  So either someone found a loophole in the coding to remove players from an AA, or they got your personal account info.  At which, if the latter was done, fortunately nothing else happened?  No funds moved, Infra deleted, military removed, or AA deletion?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Leo the Great said:

Yes , it was a hack, but glad BK is so bad y’all would literally prefer the game be broken if it meant it hurts us. 

Can you provide evidence of it being a hack? Or on what the nature of it was? Was your account specifically tampered with and could more be victimized in the near future? I ask because if this was a hack that's quite significant and I'm surprised Alex hasn't said anything yet.

Sorry this happened to you guys. That's incredibly shitty and the dumbass responsible should be permanentanly shunned from the community.

Edited by Thalmor
Pressed enter to early

new_forum_sig_2.png

24 minutes ago, Epi said:

This was definitely malicious, the timing is not coincidental. It seems TKR at least feigns an honorable reputation, whilst the rest of you abandon it. 

Woe befalls those that work with Cock Bloc. 

For the side that complains how certain members believe that this is a false flag operation, you sure are quick to jump into the conclusion that the opposition openly condones this, let alone had anything to do with it. How about we wait and see what Alex says about it? 

• Upvote 3

Z98SzIG.png

27 minutes ago, Skepta said:

I did not spread the false news that our bloc was called Formula One (F1) bloc and then get in trouble for doing so, for you to rename it to "Cock Bloc" Epi!

I proposed the name because that's what I called Citadel as a joke. But Empiur and TMC renamed the server actually. They genuinely like the named xD

35 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

I'm massively disappointed in this action and in some of your responses to it.

Maybe some introspection is in order.

That introspection part isn't a fan favorite around these parts. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Anneal said:

For the side that complains how certain members believe that this is a false flag operation, you sure are quick to jump into the conclusion that the opposition openly condones this, let alone had anything to do with it. How about we wait and see what Alex says about it? 

Exactly lmfao none of the alliances bar one individual condone this

For some reason I struggle to sympathize with a group like BK. Hacking is unacceptable, but BK's eternal struggle to kill the game is more of a crime. 

• Upvote 6

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

Can you provide evidence of it being a hack? Or on what the nature of it was? Was your account specifically tampered with and could more be victimized in the near future? I ask because if this was a hack that's quite significant and I'm surprised Alex hasn't said anything yet.

Sorry this happened to you guys. That's incredibly shitty and the dumbass responsible should be permanentanly shunned from the community.

1: The actions speak for themselves. 
2: I am Not sure the exact nature of the exploit. I am currently sitting as a member till Alex can give insight. 
3: BK man bad so hacker man good

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I hate to take the sting out of the usual vehemence and vitriol in this place, but I think it important to refrain from conflating a person’s care factor for bad things that happen to a community with any notion of acceptance of said bad thing(s).  It is not for any of us to dictate this sort of moral approach to anyone.

People will ordinarily enjoy a level of solidarity commensurate with the respect and positive relationships previously built. Nobody deserves to be hacked in this game (it is a breach of the IC/OOC divide, and such actions bring in to question the safety of this online environment for all), but equally it is so that in the instance one is hacked, one will probably enjoy the degree of solidarity one deserves.

By extension to my previous point, this whole nation sim i.e. a representation of features of rl, has had a theme of opposition to hegemony.  This goes beyond political ideology into social ideology.  We cannot all have exactly the same moral approach to opinion and decision making, to do so leads to suppression of individuals and minorities (indeed, a source of much IC angst).  However we do enjoy an ethical code necessary to support a minimum standard of behaviour, and I’ve yet to note anyone breach that by condoning supposed hacking actions.  So chill out, keep informed and support the community in making this a safe game for everyone.  leave the personal attacks for other threads.

• Upvote 2

Celer Et Audax

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, Epi said:

I proposed the name because that's what I called Citadel as a joke. But Empiur and TMC renamed the server actually. They genuinely like the named xD

you called us cock bloc as we stopped you from getting the nice girls :P

1 hour ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

you called us cock bloc as we stopped you from getting the nice girls :P

Say youre sorry?

An old alliance playing this game was hurt in a bad way, and you made a mistake. So apologize to BK and Leo? 

Just because you had dealings with george, made an agreement, broke that, and have to suffer consequenses doesnt mean all of BK is bad.

Say youre sorry? Later you can take it back ?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Comrade Marx said:

Frankly this is among the most pathetic examples of childish behavior I have ever seen. Whoever is responsible for this act must be held accountable and permanently so.

10 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

IF this is true and someone has hacked Leo's account and did this shame on you, This community do not need anymore toxic levels, I hope whoever did this is removed from the game for life.

However I believe this is Leo's own doing, BK has no funds, not capable of rebuilding and therefore ordered people to leave, that would explain why it has taken a while for people to leave, if someone hacked the account then this would have happened a lot quicker. 

The truth will come out, and Leo has done this sort of thing before from what I have been told and understand.

So if it is Leo?  Looking to shore up a flagging alliance?  Hmm....

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

7 hours ago, Justin076 said:

For some reason I struggle to sympathize with a group like BK. Hacking is unacceptable, but BK's eternal struggle to kill the game is more of a crime. 

I’ll be honest, at this point in the war everything is fair game. I’m glad it’s happened to BK rather than any other alliance.

• Haha 1

Guest Frawley
1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I’ll be honest, at this point in the war everything is fair game. I’m glad it’s happened to BK rather than any other alliance.

Wow, you realise we play a game right.