[DOW] TR Sparks Boogaloo With Opus Dei

JackRackham429

Just now, Tiberius said:

Surely that kind of means there is rules, no? 

I mean I'm 100% confident if an alliance Declared War with a CB of "We are Nazis and you have Jews in your alliance" then that would not be allowed. Yet Alex is portraying that there is no rules when it comes to CBs. 

Pretty sure with CB he means the reason in your head with which you declare not the war reason that you write down ingame. Obviously there is rules to what you set the war reason ingame, but he can't moderate what people think so there is no rules on that.

• Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

• Moderators

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I mean I'm 100% confident if an alliance Declared War with a CB of "We are Nazis and you have Jews in your alliance" then that would not be allowed. Yet Alex is portraying that there is no rules when it comes to CBs. 

There is a rule about hate speech though, which is violated, breaking both in-game and forum rules.

You can declare in-game for whatever reason, as long as you don't break the in-game rules. And you can also post a CB on the forums, as long as it doesn't break forum rules. For example, launching an OOC attack against someone (not just out of game context but a personal one, like "you are a pedophile") is a no go in a DoW.

7 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

An explanation for why one is being hit ICily, without any OOC material (discord logs or anything), seems fine under Alex's ruling. Or are you contradicting Alex's own statement a few posts above? 

I am sorry, I don't understand the question. Maybe I am not reading it right.

To the OP, sorry for the derail.

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Surely that kind of means there is rules, no? 

Yep, Alex is probably wrong and Wiggum is right. Regardless of Alex's rules, there are some things that are illegal anywhere, e.g. plotting the assassination of a world leader (via war declarations, ridiculous as it sounds.)

Guest PhantomThiefB
On 1/11/2020 at 10:34 PM, JackRackham429 said:

863411115_TRplusIC.jpg.04bc51c5e912c663147ad29a5408b69b.jpg

Sit in the down son - Simmons 2019

Us boog bois in Iron Clad figured we're gonna get dragged into this war regardless, so we decided to enlist before the draft. However this post is for The Regiment so ill be more specific. First we blitzed USN because reasons. Second we are countering for the rest of IC.  Third we are declaring on goons because  certain members love reporting everyone for anything, and they support communism, which is bad in case you didn't know.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:16 PM, Alex said:

You can declare war on anyone for any reason (in terms of casus belli.) There are no rules on that.

Dude are you joking? They literally declared war for "using moderation as a weapon" which A : Isn't true. and B : discourages people from reporting cheaters. You basically just said your rules don't mean jack. ?

3 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Dude are you joking? They literally declared war for "using moderation as a weapon" which A : Isn't true. and B : discourages people from reporting cheaters. You basically just said your rules don't mean jack. ?

Where did I say "using it as a weapon" ? The reason I stated was that we declared because of the overabundance of frivolous reports that  goons is famous for.  Also what rules explicitly don't mean jack?

JKS-forum-signature.jpg

Guest PhantomThiefB
1 minute ago, JackRackham429 said:

Where did I say "using it as a weapon" ? The reason I stated was that we declared because of the overabundance of frivolous reports that  goons is famous for.  Also what rules explicitly don't mean jack?

That's your opinion. It's up to moderation and Alex to decide if the reports hold any weight or not and using "frivolous reports"  as a reason for war is undermining alex and moderations efforts. I wouldn't have even replied had you just said "we dont like GOONs" or literally anything else. Bottom line is it sends the wrong message and I'm surprised the staff didn't take offense.

4 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

That's your opinion. It's up to moderation and Alex to decide if the reports hold any weight or not and using "frivolous reports"  as a reason for war is undermining alex and moderations efforts. I wouldn't have even replied had you just said "we dont like GOONs" or literally anything else. Bottom line is it sends the wrong message and I'm surprised the staff didn't take offense.

I know its my opinion, its also the opinion of my alliance as well. We believe it was wrong of the goons members to make all of those reports not just on the forums but in discord as well because of how innocent some were or how others could be taken the wrong way. If we just said "we don't like goons" most would assume what I mentioned to be the reason why, so I just flat out said it.  I don't see a reason to be modest about our opinion or to hide it in any way when we're already going to war and things like this add entertainment value to the forums.

As i said in another older comment. the technical reason for declaring was to join up with Iron Clad in the war. I just wanted to throw that in there because why not.

JKS-forum-signature.jpg

On 1/13/2020 at 5:36 AM, Chief Wiggum said:

In-game, you can declare war on anyone for any reason (in terms of casus belli), as long as you don't break rules such as slot-filling etc.

What you cannot do is make an announcement at the Foreign Affairs forums that includes OOC attacks (completely irrelevant to IC and the game as a whole).

This is literally a thread that includes OOC attacks completely irrelevant to IC and the game as a whole, Wiggum.