Slot Filling

Lu Xun

Looks like both combatants are launching attacks against each other. It seems each has a vulnerability to the other that they are either unwilling or unable to bulwark a defense for. 

The destruction of 2.17 infrastructure, in a RAID war also indicates the attacker is actually hitting with more than one ship, while the loss of 117 of aircraft to the defender shows the defender is clearly using the full extent of their airpower.

It looks to me like these 2 nations are engaged in a perfectly normal and legal battle, not too different from other ones waged every day for months in this still on-going war from June.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=585129

The report came in in irateness. I am well aware what current policy is, and I assume no such action will be taken.

Here is the sequence of events. I arranged for Mei-Ling Zhou to blockade Rosey Song, then I accepted Rosey Song's peace to free up my offensive slot.

The next I heard about it, apparently Akuryo and a friend had come in, filled the last two slots, and soon after, Rosey Song redeemed a credit to break out of the cash lock he was imposed in and wrecked the person I had arranged to engage. If Rosey had not been filled, the credit redemption could have been negated by bringing in other attackers.

But oh, you can't prove it's slot filling.

====

“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Reinhold Niebuhr

In truth, I'm just fulfilling my obligation to Mei-Ling Zhou here, who got trapped and destroyed by an opponent he or she couldn't beat here. I have to complain.  But as I've said in our previous correspondence, I'm not doing this anymore.

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Since when does competency make an argument for slotfilling? Pretty sure it doesn't or every micro would be guilty right now.

I think Alex is just as annoyed by this affair (in different ways) as I am as well as by the related drama. Let's spare him this circus sideshow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inst said:

I think Alex is just as annoyed by this affair (in different ways) as I am as well as by the related drama. Let's spare him this circus sideshow.

You literally started the circus sideshow.

@the report: I'd like to point out that the two wars Inst is referencing show absolutely no sign of slot filling as naval battles and airstrikes are being launched.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=585121

These reports are getting ridiculous. Can we please start doing something about moderation being (attempted) used as a weapon against ingame opponents?

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

You literally started the circus sideshow.

@the report: I'd like to point out that the two wars Inst is referencing show absolutely no sign of slot filling as naval battles and airstrikes are being launched.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=585121

These reports are getting ridiculous. Can we please start doing something about moderation being (attempted) used as a weapon against ingame opponents?

"Moderation as a weapon" is not a forum rule, and the in-game rule is regarding threatening moderation action as blackmail/leverage for some in-game benefit.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked and unlocked this topic
Just now, Alex said:

"Moderation as a weapon" is not a forum rule, and the in-game rule is regarding threatening moderation action as blackmail/leverage for some in-game benefit.

My comment was more a petition for you to review your policy on that, as, provably by the past month(s) worth of reports, we're reaching a scenario where the mechanical and political war has bled into a bid for who can get you to make favorable decisions. I imagine that that is not how you intent to admin, and it should therefore be looked at.

• Like 1

os9LcJK.gif

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

My comment was more a petition for you to review your policy on that, as, provably by the past month(s) worth of reports, we're reaching a scenario where the mechanical and political war has bled into a bid for who can get you to make favorable decisions. I imagine that that is not how you intent to admin, and it should therefore be looked at.

This is a non-discussion forum, and the purpose of this thread is for information related to the initial report. Anything else does not belong here.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nothing about these wars has been slot filling, inst simply doesn't like me.  His attack towards me where he went 60 hours without launching an attack was legitimate slot filling, but feel free to look at the logs of the war, and both sides have actively been trying to win.  Go cry in mommys arms inst, the forum is for grown ups.

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

20 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Looks like both combatants are launching attacks against each other. It seems each has a vulnerability to the other that they are either unwilling or unable to bulwark a defense for.

No, Ships are for losers, stop using them.

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

On 1/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, Rosey Song said:

Nothing about these wars has been slot filling, inst simply doesn't like me.  His attack towards me where he went 60 hours without launching an attack was legitimate slot filling, but feel free to look at the logs of the war, and both sides have actively been trying to win.  Go cry in mommys arms inst, the forum is for grown ups.

Rosey was blockade held by me in an example of conventional tactics, as I had previously said in the OP. If you weren't slot-filled by Akuryo and friends, we would have shot you down and kept you suppressed simply because you are considered a decent fighter. But I'm not discussing here unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Inst said:

Rosey was blockade held by me in an example of conventional tactics, as I had previously said in the OP. If you weren't slot-filled by Akuryo and friends, we would have shot you down and kept you suppressed simply because you are considered a decent fighter. But I'm not discussing here unless absolutely necessary.

Furthermore, as inst comes to terms that this isn't slot filling, @Alex I'd frankly like to report him for harassment and trying to weaponize administration.

You are not in the report, Rosey Song. For all I know, you didn't collaborate with Akuryo; and frankly speaking, this is mainly because I can't prove it (and Akuryo slot filling has been judged "legal", although I have my doubts). You are merely the target of Akuryo's little "plane recovery service".

Anyways, go troll as much as you want. I'll let you have fun. Our problems are on Discord, namely when I got drunk.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rosey Song said:

@Alex I'd frankly like to report him for harassment and trying to weaponize administration.

That's not a rule.

This thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so I'm locking it.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic