Missiles and Iron Dome

Micchan

Are you sure the chances are 50%?

Because for me is like 20% to hit and with all the missiles I launched this year I know what I'm talking about

My missiles on nations with Iron Dome, bold = hit

01/12/2020 12:08 am on Democratic Peoples Republic

01/12/2020 12:06 am on Angst

01/05/2020 12:25 am on Bod nation

01/05/2020 12:26 am on Falcon boys

01/05/2020 12:25 am on United Cats of America

01/05/2020 07:04 am on Communist State of Asia

12/28/2019 06:40 pm on Democratic Peoples Republic

12/19/2019 07:24 am on Wombatopia

12/14/2019 10:31 am on GreatWhiteNorth

12/15/2019 12:04 am on GreatWhiteNorth

12/16/2019 04:49 pm on GreatWhiteNorth

12/17/2019 11:53 am on GreatWhiteNorth

I've been the same with my odds, 20 - 30% for missiles and 50% for nukes. I expect it not to hit most of the time before I fire. I guess someone ends up with 70% going through to balance it out. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

• Administrators

It's an RNG between 1 and 2, which (in theory) comes out to 50%. Unfortunately, I can't control luck :P I don't see any reason to believe there's actually a bug, though.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, Alex said:

It's an RNG between 1 and 2, which (in theory) comes out to 50%. Unfortunately, I can't control luck :P I don't see any reason to believe there's actually a bug, though.

I must be very unlucky then https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=594585 at this point I am launching missiles just for the laughs, to see how many I can 'miss' on a row :D

Edited by MIB.HG

• Administrators

@Micchan @Clarke @MIB.HG @Archibald

From 12-29-2019 to today, for nations with an Iron Dome, there have been 451 failed (blocked) missile attacks.

From the same time period, for nations with an Iron Dome, there have been 480 successful (unblocked) missile attacks.

This leads me to believe that the RNG is working properly (that ratio should be reasonably within the margin of error for a 50% chance) or if anything, there is a bias in favor of missiles getting through the Iron Dome.

480 / (451 + 480) = 51.56% success rate

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

5 hours ago, MIB.HG said:

I must be very unlucky then https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=594585 at this point I am launching missiles just for the laughs, to see how many I can 'miss' on a row :D

No offense but that's hilariously funny, he missile strikes you to add insult to injury. 

IpHGyGc.png

6 hours ago, MIB.HG said:

get good?

Look up to the sky above~

11 hours ago, Clarke said:

No offense but that's hilariously funny, he missile strikes you to add insult to injury. 

Is indeed hilarious, and if wasn't him had buy more planes, I would keep send missiles to see how many more I could miss, since Alex removed Keno, this was the best thing we(WTF) had since to place our wagers in to. ?

Edited by MIB.HG
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Alex said:

@Micchan @Clarke @MIB.HG @Archibald

From 12-29-2019 to today, for nations with an Iron Dome, there have been 451 failed (blocked) missile attacks.

From the same time period, for nations with an Iron Dome, there have been 480 successful (unblocked) missile attacks.

This leads me to believe that the RNG is working properly (that ratio should be reasonably within the margin of error for a 50% chance) or if anything, there is a bias in favor of missiles getting through the Iron Dome.

480 / (451 + 480) = 51.56% success rate

Fair enough, then! I'm just so used to always getting screwed in games when something is 50% so when that DOESN'T happen it's super weird for me haha

Edited by Archibald

12 hours ago, MIB.HG said:

Is indeed hilarious, and if wasn't him had buy more planes, I would keep send missiles to see how many more I could miss, since Alex removed Keno, this was the best thing we(WTF) had since to place our wagers in to. ?

image.thumb.png.25e34aa138332c6111589bb32cbdae2c.png

#rigged