Dubious moderation.

Prefonteen

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Inst said:

If you are doing a self-imposed moratorium and your coalition follows until the appeal is decided, I appreciate it as a show of good faith. I also appreciate reforms and revisions to the moderation policy. On the other hand, I continue to argue that @Alexshould impose a moratorium on this tactic until appeals are ironed out.

This "tactic" isn't new and has been tried many times over the years, and in the end enough nation strikes get issued to stop people from doing it. This time isn't any different.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

This "tactic" isn't new and has been tried many times over the years, and in the end enough nation strikes get issued to stop people from doing it. This time isn't any different.

So you're implying that this is not a legitimate tactic?

In all my browser game experience, this level of war slot filling, especially the blatantness with which it has been conducted, is quite novel. I'm not happy with the ruling on this subject, but I'm assuming it's because this war has gone on for too long and people want this war to end. I am aware of lobbyists working on getting the ruling overturned, but I leave their business to their business.

• Administrators
Just now, Inst said:

So you're implying that this is not a legitimate tactic?

Coordinating a "fake" war is war slot filling, so no, that is not a legitimate tactic.

Proving that a war is "fake" and war slot filling, however, is a different animal and very difficult to do.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 1/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, Alex said:

It's certainly not easy to make determinations of war slot filling, and in the dozens of reports I got I only issued 2 strikes yesterday.

It appears to me that there's a concerted effort to beige a group of players simply for their benefit. In doing so, the war slots are being filled with "nice" wars instead of "real" wars, which in my interpretation violates the War Slot Filling rule.

I only issued strikes where it was clear that the defender was active, had the capability (some military advantage) to fight back, and was simply choosing not to (i.e. it's not a real war.) I was very particular about the strikes that I issued and did my due diligence.

In the end, there will always be disputes about war slot filling and what does and does not qualify. There's no way to moderate it perfectly, and ultimately what the solution will be is the removal of beige entirely so that there's no incentive to "game" the system.

I understand that and I stated everything I needed to say, it was not a coordinated effort and the strike was based off a probability (which ended up being false), if I can't get that appealed can we at least adjust the three-strike rule system to have perishable strikes? I am adhering to the two paragraphs given to me on war slot filling, both times I been striked on the matter, I always have been confused by your reasoning. No offense but both times were pretty baseless.

Apparently the forums are disproportionately more lenient.

• Upvote 2

On 1/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, Alex said:

It's not a lazy solution, it's the only feasible solution. Right now the incentives in wars do not line up in a logical way, because beige is so favorable to the loser, attackers don't want to beige their opponents generally.

I'm not proposing it as a standalone solution, but this is not the game suggestions forum, this is the moderation support forum. Unless you really want me to make a judgement on every war to interpret intent and whether it's war slot filling or not (spoiler alert - neither myself nor you nor anyone wants that) there needs to be a mechanical fix to make it an objective issue and not a subjective one.

When you remove beige, you will lose the vast majority of your playerbase immediately, followed by the rest, and none of us will return for any reason at that point.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

When you remove beige, you will lose the vast majority of your playerbase immediately, followed by the rest, and none of us will return for any reason at that point.

"If you score I'm taking my ball home".

There has been plenty of changes that have affected the majority and the playerbase is still here. In my opinion the system in CyberNations would work better with a few modifications. Remove beige, have wars still last 5 days or drop to 3, and you can have as many attacks in that period as MAP generation allow. Whether MAPs generation gets slowed down etc. After the 5 days is over you have a window where you can hit a safe mode where you cant be attacked and can build up mil etc You get a positive income effect in safe mode for 5 days, after that it reduces daily until it negatively affects you. This simple change will drop war length drastically. Those skilled and active will still benefit and hiding from war in the safe mode gives you the benefit of beige but with the caveat that if you stay in for too long it will seriously hamper you economically.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

If by "the vast majority" you mean you and your buddies, good. You won't be missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

"If you score I'm taking my ball home".

There has been plenty of changes that have affected the majority and the playerbase is still here. In my opinion the system in CyberNations would work better with a few modifications. Remove beige, have wars still last 5 days or drop to 3, and you can have as many attacks in that period as MAP generation allow. Whether MAPs generation gets slowed down etc. After the 5 days is over you have a window where you can hit a safe mode where you cant be attacked and can build up mil etc You get a positive income effect in safe mode for 5 days, after that it reduces daily until it negatively affects you. This simple change will drop war length drastically. Those skilled and active will still benefit and hiding from war in the safe mode gives you the benefit of beige but with the caveat that if you stay in for too long it will seriously hamper you economically.

A system that let NPO hold players down until they quit, and forced people to stop playing, now its a dead game, sure you will think thats the best system to use.

Think we should be looking at ways to improve, not go backwards 

16 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

A system that let NPO hold players down until they quit, and forced people to stop playing, now its a dead game, sure you will think thats the best system to use.

Think we should be looking at ways to improve, not go backwards 

We've been held down in the past too. People seem to forget we got fricked for x amount of wars in a row previously. We wont always be on top. My personal preference is for wars to be decisive and thus last a much shorter period of time.

• Like 1

If another alliance or group of alliances is capable of pounding you into the dirt ad infinitum, perhaps you should not declare war on them and not do things that will cause then to declare war on you. It's not hard, this isn't rocket surgery you know!

Even when there's the intent to give a beige if you are fighting and trying to win the wars with the target of best net damage (for example not using full navy on low infra) you are playing under the game rules

The problem is always the ability to pin down players without giving them beige time, if all the wars end with one nation beiged you don't have this problem

For now we have to trust Alex