Nation enters VM without logging in

Memph

He wasn't inactive enough to get pushed into VM automatically (only inactive since Dec 15). 

If he entered VM manually, wouldn't he have to log in to do that?

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=80442

I declared on him 2 days ago along with two other nations that followed after me, so he wasn't in VM then.

Actually, I remember a similar issue happening in some other browsergames where the 'last logged in' information only updated when the player in question went to their main page. If the settings page does not itself update the player activity variable, then it might be technically possible to log in through such a way that one doesn't actually end up on the usual web pages but instead goes straight to the settings menu and thus invoke VM.

Either way, there's not much to gain by merely entering VM without 'logging in', but the possibility may exist for "inactive" players to play without 'playing', which may enable other glitches or even exploits.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Actually, I remember a similar issue happening in some other browsergames where the 'last logged in' information only updated when the player in question went to their main page. If the settings page does not itself update the player activity variable, then it might be technically possible to log in through such a way that one doesn't actually end up on the usual web pages but instead goes straight to the settings menu and thus invoke VM.

Either way, there's not much to gain by merely entering VM without 'logging in', but the possibility may exist for "inactive" players to play without 'playing', which may enable other glitches or even exploits.

That's not the case.

@Memph I manually put this nation into VM temporarily at the request of one of their alliance-mates who was worried they did not have access to a computer for some time.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link