Possible AA Bank Exploit?

Nintendo

14 hours ago, Nintendo said:

This is regarding some bank activity that simply doesn't makes sense between the nation of Veins and his always changing AA. This is specifically focused on the 6 "test" transactions that happened on 1/1/20 from 2:53pm-2:57pm. To me, it seems like the nation was able to generate $15 billion out of nowhere. Veins is a nation that is disbanding and creating new AAs every other day it seems, which is suspicious activity in and of itself. However, with him doing that, in his bank activity, you should see that amount of money reflected in his history as he moves it between his nation and is AA bank at the time. Trust me, he isn't keeping that kind of money stashed in his nation. He's a raider, and therefore is usually getting beiged and looted, but if you view those wars where he did lose, what gets looted from him is basically nothing. He keeps all his funds stashed away in his AA's. 

Is it possible to investigate where this money came from? His trade activity doesn't account for it, so I'm stumped.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=146015&display=bank

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=146015&display=trade

Veins.jpg

If there's an explanation, my apologies for the wasted time. I just don't understand where those billions of dollars came from, especially since you should easily be able to track that money through all of the AA's he creates and disbands. Dryad is the other nation that works with him on these temporary popup AAs (again, I don't understand the point of popup AA's unless there is some sort of exploit that can be used to do that...), but his bank records don't show that kind of money either: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=146719&display=bank

Well, actually there has been a similar exploit before but i dont think this is one. I actually found/reported it lol.
I'm 100% sure you can generate billions with clicks with that. 
However, based on the screenshots provided, it doesnt seem to be where he did the exploit.

However, your point that he keeps making and disbanding alliances can be to keep people off the exploit since even alex cant track transactions from deleted banks(although, beware, he has a query to track this exploit although not sure if it works on deleted banks too)
I'll advice going to the ig money graphs and seeing if these so called transactions are also associated with unnatural bumps in the graph.

Also, DO NOT DM me asking what the exploit is. I will not be telling anyone unless they are from a mod team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

So, anyone want to proffer an explanation of what "test" means in this context? Like, what possible innocent meaning could there be?

human scepticism is always funny to me. no way it can be anything innocent.

Screenshot_2020-01-05-11-41-49.png

Screenshot_2020-01-05-11-42-13.png

Screenshot_2020-01-05-11-42-22.png

• Haha 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

This probably explains the matter along with what was said above:

Logs.jpg

It does bring about another question though, is this an unintentional exploit of how AA Bank funds can be managed? To me, they are taking advantage of a loophole, where they can stash a lot of money in an AA bank, then quickly start up a new AA and transfer the bank over to that new AA before getting beiged. The only way to really prevent that would probably be to implement some sort of AA age criteria before transferring large amounts of money/resources into that AA. Maybe make the AA have to be 10 days old before other AAs can send in money. I don't know. This is a topic for another thread.

I definitely don't fault someone for using how the system works to their advantage. I'll tip my cap to Veins and Dryad for being able to execute that gameplan as well as they do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
4 hours ago, AntMan said:

Well, actually there has been a similar exploit before but i dont think this is one. I actually found/reported it lol.
I'm 100% sure you can generate billions with clicks with that. 
However, based on the screenshots provided, it doesnt seem to be where he did the exploit.

However, your point that he keeps making and disbanding alliances can be to keep people off the exploit since even alex cant track transactions from deleted banks(although, beware, he has a query to track this exploit although not sure if it works on deleted banks too)
I'll advice going to the ig money graphs and seeing if these so called transactions are also associated with unnatural bumps in the graph.

Also, DO NOT DM me asking what the exploit is. I will not be telling anyone unless they are from a mod team.

This is not true, Alex can track transactions from deleted alliances, he just do not wish to go down that road, as he did tell seeker where cash went from an alliance that had been deleted over a month before Seeker asked him where the money went, and Alex gave id's of deleted alliances explaining where the cash went.

19 hours ago, Vein said:

You cant win the mythic vs fark sphere war so now you're trying to report me for stupid shit? ggs, you played yourself.

Win what?   The 'Damage' title in the fight which never counts the ridiculous amount of military you guys keep buying and deleting just to lob missiles after having your 250k soldiers merc'd?  You guys started at like 13 + you two and now your down to 8 plus a guy in vacation mode.   We arent fighting anyone and for the most part we reduce your mil to shit to keep you from raiding effectively. 

What exactly is it that you're winning again except for the missile war?  Cause really I'm quite disappointed.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

7 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

What exactly is it that you're winning again except for the missile war?  Cause really I'm quite disappointed.

According to NPO stats we have 17b damage dealt, 2.7b damage received. You can tell me we are losing but I disagree.

You are correct that this doesnt account for decomming of military and other side costs but who really loses on that front? Decomming some military isn't a big deal, how about an entire sphere escaping from nukes by going full military and driving their upkeep to insane heights? Or the decrease in gross income from getting your infra reduced and not rebuilding it? How about Horsemen selling down 3b worth of infra to downdeclare on us? Or the inactives getting beiged and turning grey so they dont get taxed? How about us spying tanks every day and killing 500 tanks per spy op for a cost of $18k per op? How about the military upkeep increase just from having active wars with us? How about making a laughingstock of yourself for not being able to beat this micro? When it comes to untracked side cost it's completely ridiculous just how high it is for Fark sphere.

• Upvote 2

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

1 hour ago, Dryad said:

According to NPO stats we have 17b damage dealt, 2.7b damage received. You can tell me we are losing but I disagree.

You are correct that this doesnt account for decomming of military and other side costs but who really loses on that front? Decomming some military isn't a big deal, how about an entire sphere escaping from nukes by going full military and driving their upkeep to insane heights? Or the decrease in gross income from getting your infra reduced and not rebuilding it? How about Horsemen selling down 3b worth of infra to downdeclare on us? Or the inactives getting beiged and turning grey so they dont get taxed? How about us spying tanks every day and killing 500 tanks per spy op for a cost of $18k per op? How about the military upkeep increase just from having active wars with us? How about making a laughingstock of yourself for not being able to beat this micro? When it comes to untracked side cost it's completely ridiculous just how high it is for Fark sphere.

You're doing nothing but lobbing missiles from your infraless nations.  Congrats?  Considering how much money we make you guys are just a sideshow to pass the time.   You both seem exceptionally salty that we've decided to take away your ability to raid properly though.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

32 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

You're doing nothing but lobbing missiles from your infraless nations.  Congrats?  Considering how much money we make you guys are just a sideshow to pass the time.   You both seem exceptionally salty that we've decided to take away your ability to raid properly though.

I definitely can't handle nuking 3k infra cities while the vast majority of the game is stuck in a war with little left to destroy. Pity me please, anyone from kerchtog$ maybe? You clearly don't understand our mentality at all, I don't mind burning pixels for all eternity lmao.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

9 minutes ago, Dryad said:

I definitely can't handle nuking 3k infra cities while the vast majority of the game is stuck in a war with little left to destroy. Pity me please, anyone from kerchtog$ maybe? You clearly don't understand our mentality at all, I don't mind burning pixels for all eternity lmao.

@Dryad Think what he is saying is Please target me

14 hours ago, Unwanted said:

Lovely Satire in response to an actual concern, welcome to the age old pnw cancerville, would you like Fries with you damaged ego?

@The Boofinator Hey Boof, how are the Nova guys btw? I mean you were their adviser so of all ppl you'd know right? ?

@Morgan  what do you think? Fox seemed to do a pretty good job at doing a you with the scape goat stuff :')

I wasnt an advisor, I was more like an ideaman and general helper... I came up with GOOD ideas I seen were lacking in Nova's alliance that other alliances had (I came up with their city builds templates, their minimum military requirements, and delivered to them a base constitution that was eventually edited to become their constitution by officers. When new ppl came I helped them with setting up their cities to be more profitible.

as far as how they are? clueless. there were a few attempts to "remake" nova, and all failed on one way or the other and afaik, most everyone went their own way

• Administrators

Locked, because it's difficult to manage bug reports with active discussions.

I'll look into it, but I don't think there's any reason to believe cash is being generated out of nowhere. They're using various alliances to transfer funds to prevent it from being looted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic