Award Idea (Fix it)

Noctis Anarch Caelum

For Player Awards, we include any missing names & allow people an additional few days to nominate more. (Might as well do alliances while we're at it)

We can also allow people a few days to nominate more options for the Community Category, as GOONS complained on lack of options there.

With the missing and added nominations added, a new poll is made where its public who votes for what. So people can debate why they voted that way & people can see its not a bunch of duplicate forum accounts helping some win.

I wasn't included in most Categories because GOONS nominated me for all of them first. Whether to take their nomination seriously or not, but not including it; they caused others who would have nominated not to. As it would have been repeat nominations. So current awards are trash for a number of reasons, however those who think they won fair should be comfortable with a fair vote.

libertyribbon.png

Also would maybe just have this many categories for player anyways. (7)

Player of Year
Most Influential
Most Powerful
Nicest Player
Most Controversial
Best Support Gov
Best Alliance Leader

Community Awards could have, also have each section only have 7 options to prevent them from growing out of control as well.
Best Community Contributor
Best Talk Show Host

libertyribbon.png

Didn't you just post this in the Academy Awards thread?  

3 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

The rewards are pretty dumb to care about and already its the new year; so who really cares anymore about those.

Improper-Request-2.gif

Just now, Supreme Master Joi said:

Didn't you just post this in the Academy Awards thread?  

I posted that way after this thread & realized how dumb it to care about these at all, even if rigged. lol

libertyribbon.png

Fair enough.

Some of the nominated entries for the community awards weren't exactly the best offerings this community could have to show, I'll give you that.

Improper-Request-2.gif

Just now, Supreme Master Joi said:

Fair enough.

Some of the nominated entries for the community awards weren't exactly the best offerings this community could have to show, I'll give you that.

I think dis-including options is worse than more options to vote for, but I never have high expectations of these rewards. So whatever.

libertyribbon.png

On 1/1/2020 at 6:59 AM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

For Player Awards, we include any missing names & allow people an additional few days to nominate more. (Might as well do alliances while we're at it)

We can also allow people a few days to nominate more options for the Community Category, as GOONS complained on lack of options there.

With the missing and added nominations added, a new poll is made where its public who votes for what. So people can debate why they voted that way & people can see its not a bunch of duplicate forum accounts helping some win.

I wasn't included in most Categories because GOONS nominated me for all of them first. Whether to take their nomination seriously or not, but not including it; they caused others who would have nominated not to. As it would have been repeat nominations. So current awards are trash for a number of reasons, however those who think they won fair should be comfortable with a fair vote.

This sounds like a great idea for next year.  I think this year's are both closed and already decided.

GICjEwp.gif

1 minute ago, ComradeMilton said:

This sounds like a great idea for next year.  I think this year's are both closed and already decided.

Yeah, this year is probably already a lost cause. Better to look forward & make them better next time; than care about whether they were done right or any in-game rewards happen.

libertyribbon.png

2 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Yeah, this year is probably already a lost cause. Better to look forward & make them better next time; than care about whether they were done right or any in-game rewards happen.

Yeah, next year we'll be more prepared.

GICjEwp.gif

1 minute ago, ComradeMilton said:

Yeah, next year we'll be more prepared.

Probably not, but even if the nominations weren’t screwed up still would have probably had rigged results.

Sure a lot of people have old forum accounts without matching nations dormant they can use for extra votes in these anonymous forum polls. :P

libertyribbon.png