PnW Academy Awards

Redarmy

I've said this in the discord, but I'll repeat it here. Just let others have fun. I thought this could be a cool little distraction from the absurdity of this war and the forums for the past half year+. We could've had some fun discussion about alliances, members, wars, etc. but in an atmosphere that removes many of our IC motives. When is the last time we had some light-hearted inclusive FUN in this game? I sure as hell don't remember. If you think that's silly, broken, naive, etc. Okay. But for Flying Spaghetti Monster's sake can we just stop frickin arguing about every damn thing?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Everyone Else > Hello! We are doing a fun community event. Everyone is invited!

Excuse me, please don’t assume my inclusion. I think the awards should be inhumanely euthanized. 

• Haha 2

scSqPGJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I've said this in the discord, but I'll repeat it here. Just let others have fun.

That woud be nice. But evidently, there are some elements within this community that can not fathom the idea of letting other people have fun without feeling attacked or getting paranoid. Adrienne's offer to join in is clearly there so I suggest to not further engage in this kind of mental circus.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad we've found yet another demonstrable excuse to argue over something that isn't relevant or necessary. Nominations for the awards were open to the masses for days, and the voting  was open to the masses as well. Everyone had an opportunity to participate in free and open elections for cheevos that do not matter. So why must we re-litigate the entire process? Why, so we can all continue arguing of course. Some of the folks that are wasting time here to argue over awards should instead redirect their energies to the negotiating table for the war they've lost instead of dying on this proverbial hill.

Edited by Comrade Marx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for trying to do something nice, hope.
I'm sorry so many people are triggered by it. But don't let that put you off.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

Isn't it sad that some alliances feel the need to tell their members who to vote for?

Why do they do that, is it possibly so they can stop the possibility of a few members disagreeing with alliance leadership and someone deserving actually getting it?

Thanks for coming up with such a good system, Hope. I'm sorry the NPO and friends got so butthurt about it because they couldn't game it. Hopefully the 2020 awards will be organised according to a better system that alliances can't game. Either that or NPO/Goons/whoever the frick else is so insecure they feel the need to game a popularity contest realise that some people are better than them and that some of their members disagree with leadership. Or that those alliances are not a part of the game in 2020, which I must say is the most appealing option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, namukara said:

Isn't it sad that some alliances feel the need to tell their members who to vote for?

Why do they do that, is it possibly so they can stop the possibility of a few members disagreeing with alliance leadership and someone deserving actually getting it?

Thanks for coming up with such a good system, Hope. I'm sorry the NPO and friends got so butthurt about it because they couldn't game it. Hopefully the 2020 awards will be organised according to a better system that alliances can't game. Either that or NPO/Goons/whoever the frick else is so insecure they feel the need to game a popularity contest realise that some people are better than them and that some of their members disagree with leadership. Or that those alliances are not a part of the game in 2020, which I must say is the most appealing option.

Goons leadership doesn't have as tight of a rein on us as you think.

And we're not going anywhere.

i2FSAiF.gif

23 minutes ago, Epi said:

Every alliance games the system, a smaller pool of representatives just makes it easier. Just as NPO/Goons rigged it this year, you could've organize your coalitions and won it. Iz incompetence that failed you, most of the awards were won with 100 votes. That's down what? -150 from last year.

It's laughable that all the dictatorships are pointing the finger at one another screaming democracy or denouncing fascism.

Ultimately it's Sheepy's loss if alliances don't involve players in politics it's his income source leaving. Imagine believing people who sign up for a political sim don't care about politics. 

Alot of them don't care. Most people see a nationsim looooong before they see a political sim. Nor do they have the time or interest to run those politics.

The average membership will hate X Alliance because their government does. They're not entirely clear on why their gov hates them, but they're pretty sure it's a damned good reason and those guys probably deserve it.

Meaning that the point you missed in a political simulator, is that for it to be accurate, the majority of people have to be the equivalent or everyday citizens in the real world, who know just enough to get angry but not enough to know why they're angry or why their guy is right. ?

• Upvote 2

Omg this is cool idea and why people see this as being pathetic one? Like in real life we have Oscars, Cannes, Golden Globes for movie awards etc. So what is problem here to have more awards but done in different way? 

Current one are ok but pretty bad when it comes to explain why somebody won, only because had the most votes ans that's all...

I liked somebody made awards for micro alliances as well because they are mostly missed in current awards. Not sure how successful it was but still at least somebody tried to do something new... 

Edited by Maia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

I don’t get the vehemence behind the detractors of change.  Except of course that, irrespective of cause but not of personality, it’s the same people who pop up flapping their gums in opposition time and again, rarely with a logical argument.  At least in that sense it’s no surprise.    Anyway, I hold the tenuously charitable position that collectively those against this idea have successfully made their dubious point, and encourage them to now mind their own business in the interests of keeping this thread productive.

For my part it seems apparent there is a stimulus for change given that many people from all over Orbis have voiced dissatisfaction about the current awards.  I’d go so far to say that almost any change that attempts to make these awards more genuine and meaningful is better than what we currently enjoy.  This is not to dispute the one player one vote ideal, just that it works as well as democracy almost everywhere else. Whatever happens though, idiots will be triggered (a basic tenet of life in the modern world), but they can also be ignored.

This idea of Hope‘s may be a significant improvement, and I think it a worthy undertaking even if it results in failure.  Good on you for giving it as go!!  I’d happily participate however that might look ??

Have a great day everyone ?

• Like 1

Celer Et Audax

18 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

So we will do it with a fair vote and all the nominations then? Or you want to stick with the broken one?

My post wasn't responding to issue of awards.

12 hours ago, Hodor said:

Just let others have fun.

If people would stop complaining about CoB having fun with CoA it'd make things p. cool.

11 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

The rewards are pretty dumb to care about and already its the new year; so who really cares anymore about those.

Awards, you mean? Now that 2019 is complete is an ideal time to do its awards as doing so earlier wouldn't include all of that year.

GICjEwp.gif

2 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

My post wasn't responding to issue of awards.

If people would stop complaining about CoB having fun with CoA it'd make things p. cool.

Awards, you mean? Now that 2019 is complete is an ideal time to do its awards as doing so earlier wouldn't include all of that year.

I’m fine with putting together more well done ones or just not caring. I do think we could have it more comprehensive if we do them now that the year is done & don’t rush it.

libertyribbon.png

7 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Alot of them don't care. Most people see a nationsim looooong before they see a political sim. Nor do they have the time or interest to run those politics.

The average membership will hate X Alliance because their government does. They're not entirely clear on why their gov hates them, but they're pretty sure it's a damned good reason and those guys probably deserve it.

Meaning that the point you missed in a political simulator, is that for it to be accurate, the majority of people have to be the equivalent or everyday citizens in the real world, who know just enough to get angry but not enough to know why they're angry or why their guy is right. ?

Idk who you voted for, but I tried to vote based on which alliances I thought deserved the awards. Hell, I think I voted for the NPO in one category.

16 minutes ago, namukara said:

Idk who you voted for, but I tried to vote based on which alliances I thought deserved the awards. Hell, I think I voted for the NPO in one category.

Congratulations on not being the average, an average literally means some people don't fall in it. 

Hopefully you enjoy eating popcorn to all the drama on the forums though. ?

• Like 1

Are we really gatekeeping roleplayed awards shows on the Orbis Central forum? Just run whatever show you want. Make a baseball awards show so someone can give my logo an award. If they're good, people will pay attention and if they suck, they won't. End of story.

Le1AjCa.png

10 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

So like, here's an analogy.

Scenario 1: Hodor is playing handball, a fun game where he hits a kickball against 3 walls of a square. He enjoys it, but it would be more fun if he had people join him. Hodor posts on a popular forum of ball game enthusiasts and asks if anyone would like to play. People get mad, so Hodor goes off to play alone once more with no impact on anyone but himself.

Scenario 2: Leo is playing handball, a fun game where he hits a kickball against the heads of 3 other people who rather don't enjoy having their heads hit with kickballs. He enjoys it, but it would be more fun if the heads stopped complaining about being hit. People get mad, so Leo continues to hit the heads with his kickball.

See the difference?

23 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Scenario 2: Leo is playing handball, a fun game where he hits a kickball against the heads of 3 other people who rather don't enjoy having their heads hit with kickballs. He enjoys it, but it would be more fun if the heads stopped complaining about being hit. People get mad, so Leo continues to hit the heads with his kickball.

Not at all. Leo is playing with like thirteen other people. He and his friends keep offering a way to stop the other people from being hit, but they decline. It would be more fun if the other people decided to take the offer that would end them getting hit by the ball.  Instead "People get mad, so Leo [and his friends] keep playing."

11 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I’m fine with putting together more well done ones or just not caring. I do think we could have it more comprehensive if we do them now that the year is done & don’t rush it.

Just don't care, then. Works for everyone.

GICjEwp.gif

3 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Not at all. Leo is playing with like thirteen other people. He and his friends keep offering a way to stop the other people from being hit, but they decline. It would be more fun if the other people decided to take the offer that would end them getting hit by the ball.  Instead "People get mad, so Leo [and his friends] keep playing."

Okay, so you still don't see how that is different from Scenario 1 (this thread)????

2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Okay, so you still don't see how that is different from Scenario 1 (this thread)????

Not at all. One is reality and the other is what I didn't quote. Analogies aren't needed, but I did what I could to accommodate you.

• Upvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

30 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Not at all. One is reality and the other is what I didn't quote. Analogies aren't needed, but I did what I could to accommodate you.

Methinks you don't understand the English language, but it's okay, we're in the same boat.

HODOR!

Edited by Hodor
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1